Question for people who couldn't get tickets

mspendl828

Banned
How did you try to get your tickets?

Because I really don't understand how some people find it impossible to get tickets. I got tickets for the three gigs that went on sale this morning and presuming I end up going to the gigs I'll have been to 45 Morrissey concerts since 2002 and I have never failed to get tickets on the day of release when I've tried.

I don't know how people find it so difficult, so explain to me what went wrong when you tried today.

It is the 3rd time I buy tixs via seetickets or ticketbastads for Moz and is the first time my hands are empty :rolleyes:

I have no explanations,

congratulations to you and your tixs

The fact that I rang up Seetickets at 9:50 to be told that all standing tickets for both nights had sold out in the pre-sale confuses me. What pre-sale? It was announced yesterday.

Nothing went wrong.

At 09.50h. I was in my computer, as soon as the tickets went on sale I clicked "Buy Tickets", filled the form, enter my details, clicked "Buy Tickets" and... Sold Out.

It took me exactly 6 minutes to fill the form.

As simple as that.

So... Nothing went wrong, nothing unusual has been done, the tickets just fly... that's all... some people goes through the informatic system, some people goes through the phone lines, some people don't... no mistery... is a question of luck I guess. Just too many people buying the same thing at the same time.

Cheers.

To be honest Mike, this was the worst occasion for getting Moz tickets from my experience. I put my address in 3 times on See between 9:58am-10:00am and it errored and came back they were sold on. Tried Ticketline straight after, available and then not. Ticketmaster get about 6 tickets i think, they are well renowned for getting a low allocation. I think a lot have gone out of the back door or to the media on this occasion.

With seetickets I was clicking to buy tickets from about 9:55 onwards and kept being told they had no tickets available.

However, at 10:04 there were tickets available. So from that I'm presuming there was a slight delay in the system for releasing tickets.

Not that I was too concerned as I had my tickets reserved in the 'pre-sale'.

'pre-sale' i presume with Orange?

goddamn Orange!! i'm already signed up to them via broadband...oh bugger it. never mind.....

So I can assume that a majority of people who will be standing around me on the Friday gig are all Orange broadband users?

The fact that I rang up Seetickets at 9:50 to be told that all standing tickets for both nights had sold out in the pre-sale confuses me. What pre-sale? It was announced yesterday.

Oops, dudehoy beat me.

Mobile phone operator Orange did pre-sale for their customers which made my blood boil. :mad:

If I have to kill to get into that Saturday gig, I will do so. However, I will not stoop so low as to use Orange Broadband...

:sick:

Some people are lucky and some don't get thru - if you're suggesting we're all thick and you're a genius who never has trouble getting tickets while the rest of us flounder. Good for you, you got tix. Those of us who didn't get lucky didn't do 'anything wrong'. I've gotten tix for Ally Pally, G Mex and all 6 (ha!) nights at the Roundhouse, among others. Today all I could get was standing gallery at the RAH. Sometimes you get it, sometimes not.

Course, I can't help thinking if the bus hadn't been stuck in traffic and I hadn't logged on at 10.10 instead of 10 things might have been different but c'est la vie!

Some people are lucky and some don't get thru -1) if you're suggesting we're all thick and you're a genius who never has trouble getting tickets while the rest of us flounder. Good for you, you got tix. 2) Those of us who didn't get lucky didn't do 'anything wrong'. I've gotten tix for Ally Pally, G Mex and all 6 (ha!) nights at the Roundhouse, among others. Today all I could get was standing gallery at the RAH. Sometimes you get it, sometimes not.

Course, I can't help thinking if the bus hadn't been stuck in traffic and I hadn't logged on at 10.10 instead of 10 things might have been different but c'est la vie!

1) No I'm not.

2) I didn't suggest that you did anything wrong, I was presuming something went wrong, which you then confirmed in your second paragraph.

Michael, it DOES seem quite peculiar that the standing tickets for the Apollo gigs were close to being sold out before even going on sale.

Back
Top Bottom