Question for David or any other moderator

U

URBANUS

I wonder if you moderators can remove every post even from people as myself who is not registered with the touch of a button?

This has often been the claim of some earlier mods so is that possible?

Can I ask any of you mods to kindly remove all of my posts in the name of Urbanus should I want that?

Would you do that?

David, why do you let posters who have previously been banned, post again as anons?

This exactly^^^. It seems ridiculous to let someone post as a hundred different people only to ridicule others. David has a wonderful site here and after leaving for over a year I came back and found it to be the way I originally remembered it. Now there are cracks in the internet walls again. A heated debate is one thing, but a constant deluge of insults is quite another.

It's difficult to block people who have been banned before so bans are not really that useful. I could disallow anonymous postings but I don't want to do as I've mentioned many times before. You can choose to ignore anonymous posts if you wish.

It's difficult to block people who have been banned before so bans are not really that useful. I could disallow anonymous postings but I don't want to do as I've mentioned many times before. You can choose to ignore anonymous posts if you wish.
The only true defender of free speech on this website.

I admire you David!

People assume I am some kind of racist but I am a person who only judge someone by how they behave in general and what they stand for.

I f*** about on this website, that is well known, but only the really stupid take everything I post literally.

Thanks again for your response, David!

Thats right, just put the offending anons on ignore for Gods Sake dont be such little girls.:dancers:

David, I know very little about the internet, but can you please explain why it is not possible to block an IP address if not individual anon posts? It would be nice if you could block a computer rather than those who chose to post as numerous "different" anons. Thank you again for all you do here.

It is possible to block an IP, but it becomes a cat and mouse game as the blocked user may be able to change IP addresses or use a proxy to change IP's.

David, I know very little about the internet, but can you please explain why it is not possible to block an IP address if not individual anon posts? It would be nice if you could block a computer rather than those who chose to post as numerous "different" anons. Thank you again for all you do here.

It is possible to block an IP, but it becomes a cat and mouse game as the blocked user may be able to change IP addresses or use a proxy to change IP's.

Got it. They aren't intelligent enough to write something informative, interesting, or meaningful, but they can navigate their way through technology to ruin the experience for so many others. Shame.

Indeed, these are some of the side effects of free speech. ;)

Got it. They aren't intelligent enough to write something informative, interesting, or meaningful, but they can navigate their way through technology to ruin the experience for so many others. Shame.

Indeed, these are some of the side effects of free speech. ;)

Yes. I never wanted to block anyone from my view as I enjoy reading all opinions, but you are right...I may need to block Anon posts...and that is wrong, but may be necessary.

One last question and then I will leave you alone. Why don't you post here often as you put the most effort and energy into running this site? I have always wondered this.

Yes. I never wanted to block anyone from my view as I enjoy reading all opinions, but you are right...I may need to block Anon posts...and that is wrong, but may be necessary.

One last question and then I will leave you alone. Why don't you post here often as you put the most effort and energy into running this site? I have always wondered this.

O NO you never ever never wanted to block anyone. :laughing:

Anyways, welcome back.doh:

Over the years my time has become more focused towards maintenance, editing, exploring new features and the technical aspects of keeping the site running. That takes up most of my free time. I like to hear the different voices on the site and figure it's better to stay behind the scenes for the most part and attempt to be neutral.

Jesus preaching censorship, using his name will make you pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom