Question for David or any other moderator

Discussion in 'Site Feedback / Suggestions' started by URBANUS, Apr 23, 2018.

1. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

I wonder if you moderators can remove every post even from people as myself who is not registered with the touch of a button?

This has often been the claim of some earlier mods so is that possible?

Can I ask any of you mods to kindly remove all of my posts in the name of Urbanus should I want that?

Would you do that?

2. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

No, that is not possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Surface

Surface Junior Member

David, why do you let posters who have previously been banned, post again as anons?

• Like Like x 2
  4. evennow

evennow In the final hour of my life

This exactly^^^. It seems ridiculous to let someone post as a hundred different people only to ridicule others. David has a wonderful site here and after leaving for over a year I came back and found it to be the way I originally remembered it. Now there are cracks in the internet walls again. A heated debate is one thing, but a constant deluge of insults is quite another.

5. davidt

It's difficult to block people who have been banned before so bans are not really that useful. I could disallow anonymous postings but I don't want to do as I've mentioned many times before. You can choose to ignore anonymous posts if you wish.

6. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

Thanks David, you're always such an honest guy.

That means Skinny lied way back and I kind of new and it was the right move to remove him as a mod.

7. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

The only true defender of free speech on this website.

I admire you David!

People assume I am some kind of racist but I am a person who only judge someone by how they behave in general and what they stand for.

I fuck about on this website, that is well known, but only the really stupid take everything I post literally.

Thanks again for your response, David!

8. Thats right, just put the offending anons on ignore for Gods Sake dont be such little girls.:dancers:

9. evennow

David, I know very little about the internet, but can you please explain why it is not possible to block an IP address if not individual anon posts? It would be nice if you could block a computer rather than those who chose to post as numerous "different" anons. Thank you again for all you do here.

10. davidt

It is possible to block an IP, but it becomes a cat and mouse game as the blocked user may be able to change IP addresses or use a proxy to change IP's.

11. evennow

Got it. They aren't intelligent enough to write something informative, interesting, or meaningful, but they can navigate their way through technology to ruin the experience for so many others. Shame.

12. davidt

Indeed, these are some of the side effects of free speech. ;)

13. evennow

Yes. I never wanted to block anyone from my view as I enjoy reading all opinions, but you are right...I may need to block Anon posts...and that is wrong, but may be necessary.

One last question and then I will leave you alone. Why don't you post here often as you put the most effort and energy into running this site? I have always wondered this.

14. O NO you never ever never wanted to block anyone. :laughing:

Anyways, welcome back.doh:

15. davidt

Over the years my time has become more focused towards maintenance, editing, exploring new features and the technical aspects of keeping the site running. That takes up most of my free time. I like to hear the different voices on the site and figure it's better to stay behind the scenes for the most part and attempt to be neutral.

• Insightful Insightful x 1
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jesus preaching censorship, using his name will make you pay for it.