Question about Morrissey's cologne (avignon incense)

bored

not bitter but bored
There are multiple threads about this in the general area but I think this is more of an off topic post.

I am very interested in buying some of this but I wanted to know if anyone has smelled it and doesn't like it? The reviews all seem very positive but I wonder if the high praise for it comes with the attachment to Morrissey. I remember in 2002 someone caught a shirt and I got a really good smell of it and thought it smelled great but I don't know if that was something different.

I've also heard that in general citrus scents are considered more appealing. I've been wearing Chrome but a lot of people wear it and it can be found easily at places like Sephora. I have, however, received many compliments on it.

So outside of Morrissey wearing Avignon Incense, what do you really think about it?

Norwegian singer Ida Maria also commented about the scent Morrissey was wearing at filming of Later...Jooles Holland which wasn't very complimentary.
You should ask your girlfriend's opinion.

so you want to smell like morrissey....sad:p

Yeah, totally sad! The other options for smelling different were to hang out at KFC for a few hours, "That new car smell" or whatever Rosie O'Donnell is wearing these days.

It is a VERY heavy scent...very "church" like...not a fragrance for "everyday" wear I would say. My husband hates it!

Love Alma xxx

I can't afford to wear it everyday ;)

Anyway, I know it's a unixsex scent so are you the one that wears it and he hates it or did you want him to wear it and he hates it?

As far as Kewpie telling me to ask my girlfriend.. I'm not really interested in girlfriends. The cost/benefit ratio of having a girlfriend in terms of money, freedom and pleasure are all terrible investments. How else would I have money to buy expensive cologne to meet lots of women? :D

Oh, another thing.. does anyone like Diesel Cologne? It's one I like but not citrus based and also available at places like Sephora.

I own it,and use it sone some occasions,yes it is sad corny,but it does smell good,to some noses...

Those who do not like it say its too "churchy" so I am guessing they are having flashbacks to their youth in catholic schools,

But on the other hand,the ladies do seem to enjoy it.

If you want a new scent I would also say to try versace blue jeans for men and burberry,those also seem to be favorites....

I own it,and use it sone some occasions,yes it is sad corny,but it does smell good,to some noses...

Those who do not like it say its too "churchy" so I am guessing they are having flashbacks to their youth in catholic schools,

But on the other hand,the ladies do seem to enjoy it.

If you want a new scent I would also say to try versace blue jeans for men and burberry,those also seem to be favorites....

Did you buy it in Boston or did you order on line or get it while traveling?
I'd love to be able to test it. I found a tester for $3 but the shipping is $6.

i have a bottle, and i LOVE it....
its very strong to begin with but then mellows to such a nice warm incensey smell,
it makes me smile everytime i get a waft of it, it brings me good Moz memories.
:)

I bought it from Barney's NY. It incredible. But I must say, some of my female friends mentioned that it does have the scent that should be for older gentlemen. I'm 21 and feel the scent is so enthralling, it shouldn't matter. Get it.

i have a bottle, and i LOVE it....
its very strong to begin with but then mellows to such a nice warm incensey smell,
it makes me smile everytime i get a waft of it, it brings me good Moz memories.

Exactly what she said :D

Did you buy it in Boston or did you order on line or get it while traveling?
I'd love to be able to test it. I found a tester for $3 but the shipping is $6.

Well,what I did was asked the nice saleswoman at the barney's in copley if I coud test it for a day,so I tried some of her tester,as different scents can smell different on different bodies,
I enjoyed it and no one seemed unhappy with it so I went back and purchased it

Pricey though,for such a small bottle so it only comes out on special occasions...

Its a very strong scent,my roomate says it reminds him of his first communion...

Haha

It smells a lot like frankincense. You can get it here:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900

Here is the description:

Powerful and intense, Avignon evokes the medieval city in the south of France which surpassed Rome as the Catholic Church's power center in the 14th century. It's the scent of gothic cathedrals and Papal palaces, of tapestries imbued with centuries of incense. Of cold marble steps, holy relics and dark confessions. The recognizable smells of frankincense and myrrh open the high mass of Avignon, giving way to the almost eye-smarting, gloriously smoky and resinous heart. A dry vanilla and soft Roman chamomile dull the edges of this reverent fragrance. Beautiful, dark and mysterious, Avignon takes its place among the most talked about (and admired) of CdG's entire line.

Avignon notes

Roman chamomile, cistus oil, elemi, incense, vanilla, patchouli, palisander, ambrette seeds

I bought some out of curiosity and really liked it. I also have samples of the other fragrances in the Incense line. So far, there is only one that I don't like (can't remember which one).

I'm a girl, by the way. :)

It smells a lot like frankincense. You can get it here:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900

Here is the description:

Powerful and intense, Avignon evokes the medieval city in the south of France which surpassed Rome as the Catholic Church's power center in the 14th century. It's the scent of gothic cathedrals and Papal palaces, of tapestries imbued with centuries of incense. Of cold marble steps, holy relics and dark confessions. The recognizable smells of frankincense and myrrh open the high mass of Avignon, giving way to the almost eye-smarting, gloriously smoky and resinous heart. A dry vanilla and soft Roman chamomile dull the edges of this reverent fragrance. Beautiful, dark and mysterious, Avignon takes its place among the most talked about (and admired) of CdG's entire line.

Avignon notes

Roman chamomile, cistus oil, elemi, incense, vanilla, patchouli, palisander, ambrette seeds

I bought some out of curiosity and really liked it. I also have samples of the other fragrances in the Incense line. So far, there is only one that I don't like (can't remember which one).

I'm a girl, by the way. :)

so you claim!

hello!!!!!

:D

Gaah, now you people are making ME want to try it, haha.

oooh

i know.

that was me being a jerk

there i said it

I am a jerk

having a good day?

Are you thinking about my boobs now?

Is your face red yet? :p

I'm having a pretty decent day. My ex showed up on my doorstep last night. That was interesting.

How was your day? Have you started your new job yet?

Are you thinking about my boobs now?

Is your face red yet? :p

I'm having a pretty decent day. My ex showed up on my doorstep last night. That was interesting.

How was your day? Have you started your new job yet?

oooh i have indeed
its almost a crime that its so easy half the time

i would never ever think of anyones boobs
I am a gentleman and a saint...

my day was okies.

oooh i have indeed
its almost a crime that its so easy half the time

i would never ever think of anyones boobs
I am a gentleman and a saint...

my day was okies.

Yes, but is your face red?

I take it that you like your new job? :)

Yes, but is your face red?

I take it that you like your new job? :)

it was turning slightly red

fine ya got me

i do indeed,half the time i can lay about in my jammies and waste time here on the internetzzz

haha

and be outside the rest of the time
a winning combination

Back
Top Bottom