Question about Love will tear us apart/Joy Division music

C

Cemetry Gates

How many times has it been covered?
What about any other of Joy Division's music?
Is there a list available?

neworderonline

Bands that covered this song
10000 Maniacs
Bis
Chuzpe
Flowing Tears
Hanky Park
Human Drama
Invisible Limits
Kismet
Los 7 Definites
Paul Young
PJ Proby
Simple Minds
Stanton-Miranda
The Cure
The Diary
The King
The Swans
The Tea Party
U2
Unbroken

neworderonline

Bands that covered this song
10000 Maniacs
Bis
Chuzpe
Flowing Tears
Hanky Park
Human Drama
Invisible Limits
Kismet
Los 7 Definites
Paul Young
PJ Proby
Simple Minds
Stanton-Miranda
The Cure
The Diary
The King
The Swans
The Tea Party
U2
Unbroken

Hey,
Thanks for that. I'm a member of that site too. Duh.

I meant to also ask the question, Was there ever a movie made to go w/ the cd entitled "Let the Movie Begin"? I have that cd and was just curious.

I think I would rather see a documentary than the upcoming "biopic". I didn't know about this CD. I just found these notes. It sounds pretty interesting. What do you think?
CD Universe review
Put together by a couple of Belgian Joy Division experts to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the sadly missed Ian Curtis - and the year that the Ian Curtis biopic is to begin. The set contains extremely rare audio interviews with all members of Joy Division - some of which have never seen the light of day before plus spoken word contribution on one track from Martin Hannett and a rare Martin Hannett interview. The interview sections are interspersed with superb live performances from various venues through the career of the band including rarities from Dutch and Belgian concert performances and a couple of rare alternative studio outtakes. The eight page fold out full colour CD booklet includes lots of Joy Division images and a detailed biographical article on the band.

Terry Hall also does the cover on live, but hasn't recorded studio version.

There was a site that had tons, tons of bands that covered it.
And I think links to the actual songs as well.

Sorry, don't have it.

I think I would rather see a documentary than the upcoming "biopic". I didn't know about this CD. I just found these notes. It sounds pretty interesting. What do you think?
CD Universe review
Put together by a couple of Belgian Joy Division experts to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the sadly missed Ian Curtis - and the year that the Ian Curtis biopic is to begin. The set contains extremely rare audio interviews with all members of Joy Division - some of which have never seen the light of day before plus spoken word contribution on one track from Martin Hannett and a rare Martin Hannett interview. The interview sections are interspersed with superb live performances from various venues through the career of the band including rarities from Dutch and Belgian concert performances and a couple of rare alternative studio outtakes. The eight page fold out full colour CD booklet includes lots of Joy Division images and a detailed biographical article on the band.

Hey Dave!

That's the CD I have! It's pretty good. I mean, in terms of me describing it to you as a massive (no pun intended) fan, is hard to explain. I mean, the compilation itself I thought was a bit fraudulent when I first read about it and received it however, listening to it was another story. It's terrific. Joy Division: All the Words CD reminds me of it too. It blends together, great.

As a member of the JD forum, we discuss things like this daily. I like that song too of Licht and Blindheit. There used to be a chatter in the chat room under that alias and we used to talk of the band for a long time. I wonder where he is now?!?!?!?!

Nouvelle Vague have also covered it, I really like what they've done.

Hey Sybil,
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

PS: If anyone knows where I can get the Hungarian version of the book on the bank. Black bound cover, white pages, black lettering, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i want to shoot myself for knowing this, but fall out boy did a cover of LWTUA for some EP they made. Needless to say they absolutely bludgeoned it, stabbed it, urinated on it, and power chorded it do death!

Hey,

Thank you very much to all whom sent things and replied!!!! :)

I really appreciated it! :)

Nouvelle Vague have also covered it, I really like what they've done.
I can't stand Nouvelle Vague, they murder every song they cover. Their cover of LWTUA is bad, but that's nothing compared to their cover of Buzzcocks' Ever Fallen In Love which is trully, incredibly horrible. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom