Queens, NY - Forest Hills Stadium (Sep. 7, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Irish Blood, English Heart // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist completed via the assistance of @karelMoz

• Photos by @sachalecca - Rolling Stone / Instagram. Link posted by DubbalinGirl.

• Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

• "Forest Hills specific T-shirt. There was no poster." - photo posted by docinwestchester:
  • Photo from @just_jennb / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
green, the color of the future, suits him perfectly, and keepin in mind that yesterday was the annually recurring gary glitter day, this festive attire was the best of all choices. very beautiful, indeed!
i can only remember one other concert where he wore a green shirt. somewhere in poland or romania. or was it st. patricks day again?
Whitehaven 2006 he wore a sage green shirt ... i was there

When your albums don’t sell, you have to make money by piggybacking merchandise sales on your tour.
I find it strange and illogical that a negative ninny like you went to the bother of creating a username and takes the time to post acidic comments about a person you seem to hate. Why bother? We don't want you here.

If you don't like this, just turn in your So-Low member's card to davidt right now:

That really was an epic performance and the audience really rewarded that at the end. I can't tell if he was genuinely surprised by the reaction or just playing to it, but in any event, it was pretty awesome. Thank you for all your sharing, Doc. We spent a good part of the drive home yesterday streaming a lot of the Youtube.

This was my 35th show and we were on the rail in front of Jesse and Gustavo. I don't know how it's possible that he's just gotten better since I started going to shows in 2012. His vocals are insane. I wasn't in love with California Son at first listen, but when you realize how perfectly chosen they are for his voice, and then hear them live (Morning Starship and especially Some Say...) you just have to admire his talent. Some Say almost acapella cannot be easy and he absolutely nailed it. It was the stuff of goosebumps. I hadn't looked at the setlist from the first night, so I was caught completely offguard by this setlist, which was nearly perfect for me (I'm still holding out hope that I'll someday get to hear I'm Ok by Myself and I do miss Speedway). I have four more shows on this tour so I'll be curious to see how this setlist evolves.

I thought it was commonly known that one of the only way bands are making money nowadays is on merch. Why does no one here seem to know that?

I haven't seen these here yet, but Rolling Stone caught some good photos of the night.

Who is the female face on the t-shirt that Morrissey is wearing?
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.14.49 AM.png

If you don't like this, just turn in your So-Low member's card to davidt right now:

This is really sweet -- the moment the crowd go wild towards the end and Moz is mystified as to why they are cheering suddenly. He looks around assuming something has happened but it's the music and the connection between Moz, band and the crowd and the memories that this song links that makes the crowd applause loudly. Absolutely wonderful moment.

I've really enjoyed watching these videos. He is the best, isn't he?

That really was an epic performance and the audience really rewarded that at the end. I can't tell if he was genuinely surprised by the reaction or just playing to it, but in any event, it was pretty awesome. Thank you for all your sharing, Doc. We spent a good part of the drive home yesterday streaming a lot of the Youtube.

This was my 35th show and we were on the rail in front of Jesse and Gustavo. I don't know how it's possible that he's just gotten better since I started going to shows in 2012. His vocals are insane. I wasn't in love with California Son at first listen, but when you realize how perfectly chosen they are for his voice, and then hear them live (Morning Starship and especially Some Say...) you just have to admire his talent. Some Say almost acapella cannot be easy and he absolutely nailed it. It was the stuff of goosebumps. I hadn't looked at the setlist from the first night, so I was caught completely offguard by this setlist, which was nearly perfect for me (I'm still holding out hope that I'll someday get to hear I'm Ok by Myself and I do miss Speedway). I have four more shows on this tour so I'll be curious to see how this setlist evolves.

I thought it was commonly known that one of the only way bands are making money nowadays is on merch. Why does no one here seem to know that?

I haven't seen these here yet, but Rolling Stone caught some good photos of the night.

You started going to shows in 2012? How old are you if you don't mind me asking. I've got lots of friends who've seen Moz a ton of times but none under 40. Just made me curious. No offense intended.

I find it strange and illogical that a negative ninny like you went to the bother of creating a username and takes the time to post acidic comments about a person you seem to hate. Why bother? We don't want you here.
See what you've done there is assume he has better things to do. He doesn't. This is as good as it gets for him. Let him have at it.

You started going to shows in 2012? How old are you if you don't mind me asking. I've got lots of friends who've seen Moz a ton of times but none under 40. Just made me curious. No offense intended.
I feel old now. My first Moz concert was 1991 in Dublin for Kill Uncle tour.

Angel, Picadilly, Sister, Interesting Drug, Mute Witness, Alsation, My Love Life, Suedehead, Loop, Asian Rut, King Leer, Sunday, Our Frank, November, Sing Your Life, Disappointed, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, That's Entertainment, Playboys.

I remember it like it was a couple of years ago.

who chooses the setlists? Do we know?
I would guess it's probably Boz, based on a list of "allowed" songs chosen by Moz?

I'm 49 now. I spent most of my younger years following a Large Band Out Of Dublin around the world. Fell off that bandwagon with a thud in 2009 and started going to Morrissey shows with my sister who was always The Smiths fan while I was listening to Bono.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom