Queens, NY - Forest Hills Stadium (Sep. 7, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Irish Blood, English Heart // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist completed via the assistance of @karelMoz

• Photos by @sachalecca - Rolling Stone / Instagram. Link posted by DubbalinGirl.

• Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

• "Forest Hills specific T-shirt. There was no poster." - photo posted by docinwestchester:
  • Photo from @just_jennb / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

green, the color of the future, suits him perfectly, and keepin in mind that yesterday was the annually recurring gary glitter day, this festive attire was the best of all choices. very beautiful, indeed!
i can only remember one other concert where he wore a green shirt. somewhere in poland or romania. or was it st. patricks day again?

I went to the Columbia show on Thursday and was not planning on going tonight to Forest Hills, but I enjoyed the Columbia show so much and it's been a few years since I've seen Moz that I wanted to double down and make the trip to New York, I'm very glad I did! When I got to the venue to purchase my tickets at the box office, this gentlemen approached me and asked me if I was going to buy tickets (I assumed he wanted me to buy his tickets) to my utter astonishment, he told me he had extra tickets because he works for the record label and offered me the tickets for FREE! My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. The seats were amazing too, front row on the right side. I couldn't help but think this was a sign of good faith after unfortunately going to many shows in the past that were postponed or canceld. I was on cloud nine heading into the venue.

First thing I did was check the merch, and I was glad to see they had more signed copies of CS after selling out in Columbia. I bought the CD before Interpol went on and the merch guy told me they only had a few left. So they most likely sold out sometime around Interpol played or got over. At the end of the show both the vinyl and CD were sold out of the signed copies, so if you want one, make sure to buy it beforehand. Both shows they sold out.

Also the Forest Hills custom Moz shirt sold out as well. I didn't notice it because I was fixated on the signed items. But after the show when I went back to the booth, the last few shirts sold. They even pulled down the ones hanging up and sold them as well. They were $40 bucks. Also the Trouble Loves Me Shirt was missing. Not sure if it sold out but they had them in Columbia, but not in Forest Hills.

As for the show. Interpol were great and Moz was fantastic. His voice sounds so good! He wasn't as chatty as he was in Columbia but he interacted with the crowd more, giving out more handshakes. He also tossed his shirt tonight into the crowd during HSIN. There was a few unsuccessful stage invasions, but all of them received hand shakes from M, so they got what they wanted. One guy did make it on stage briefly but Moz's bodyguard was ontop of him ASAP and tossed him off the stage.

The set list was extremely similar to Columbia with only two changes, I believe. I really hope in Camden he does switch things up a little more. I would love to hear "It's Over" from CS and I wish he would bring back "Hold Onto Your Friends" or "Trouble Loves Me". I was very glad I got to hear "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side " that was a absolute banger.

Crowd was pretty filled too, expect for the top levels on the far left and right, and the stoners were also out. A lot of weed clouds were popping up here and there. Haven't smelled the cush since the House of Blues AC show years ago.

Overall an amazing night in New York and looking forward to Camden, which will be my final show on this tour. This is my 9th time seeing Moz since 2007.

This is the best band I have ever seen Morrissey perform with. (Smiths included) enjoyed this one quite a bit.

I enjoyed it. A lot. Interestingly, my highlights were two CS songs. Morning Starship sounded amazing. The Broadway performances were good, but in this expansive outdoor venue it was truly a thing of beauty. And Some Say I Got Devil, which I don't like at all on the album, was surprisingly moving in the live setting. Overall, Moz sounds great, his voice in fine form. Say what you want about the band, but they are well rehearsed and know how to accompany the Mozzer.

I even liked Jack The Ripper tonight, a song I usually don't want to see on the setlist. Mainly because his voice sounded so good!

It was an almost perfect night, but for the man on my left who was a LOUD talker, singer, and clapper, often simultaneously. For me, it's painful because I know every f***ing sound he makes will be forever archived on the videos that I go through bloody hell to put together. I thought about moving to another seat, but ultimately stood my ground and probably aged a year in the process.

Regarding the venue, it's one of my favorites. When the weather is good, like tonight, it's a pleasure to be there. As expected, the food was all meat free, but there was plenty of dairy for us cheeseheads, plus lots of pretty delicious looking vegan options as well.

I have complete audio and video which will be posted here over the next day or two.
Thank you so much for going to the trouble of recording it. I really enjoyed the Broadway videos.
A gift for those of us who can't be there.
It sounds like a wonderful night apart from your neighbour.
Looking forward to you're gonna need someone, and Morning Starship live. Thanks again.

wasnt full, 3/4 to 7/8 would be my guess. nice venue, beautiful nite. to me it seemed at times his voice wasnt quite right, but got stronger after the first 2 songs. also seemed to be in a slightly higher register. maybe it was the sound mix, or the venue. ive seen MANY moz shows, and thats what i was hearing. agree? disagree?? mostly though, he did sound great. i also could do without the covers, he has far too many spectacular songs that never get played. i truly hoped the intro to everyday is like sunday would morph into trouble loves me, but it was not to be.
I do agree with him having more spectacular songs, but this is a new era, new tour, a new lp and alot of songs on CS,he is better than the original artist ,not only that, alot of the songs meanings or message relate to Morrissey values or thought for today. From a fan that collects live shows and I'm over the 200 show level(only by the help of some really good people here and beyond) it's so nice to hear new songs by Morrissey. I wont lie,When he played NEVER WILL I BE A TWIN, AND SOME SAY I GOT DEVIL in Columbia I was freaking out running through the house,high fiveing people,silly stuff but definitely excited. Now, what I would do for a tour of b-side or rare tracks never performed(THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY, EAST WEST, LIFEGUARD DROWNING, UNHAPPY BDAY, ETC)is beyond words but reality is if moz did that and everyone knew, half or more wouldnt go. Because they are stuck on Everday,How soon is Now,Suedehead, First of the Gang,etc......I'm truly enjoying the new lp and its songs..cant wait to see it live

I also noticed shirt #5 is a old front pic but they turned it into a one off rare shirt only available at this show....interesting , smart way to market a old shirt and get them sold. personally Im getting #22 if still available in Texas with N.A. tour dates.

They definitely know how to market their merch. 3 and 16 are cool too. When i saw him in Mexico City last November the locals had the craziest Merch set up outside the venue. Including Morrissey beer. Have fun at the Texas show. I’ll be seeing him at the bowl here in LA in October.

I went to the Columbia show on Thursday and was not planning on going tonight to Forest Hills, but I enjoyed the Columbia show so much and it's been a few years since I've seen Moz that I wanted to double down and make the trip to New York, I'm very glad I did! When I got to the venue to purchase my tickets at the box office, this gentlemen approached me and asked me if I was going to buy tickets (I assumed he wanted me to buy his tickets) to my utter astonishment, he told me he had extra tickets because he works for the record label and offered me the tickets for FREE! My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. The seats were amazing too, front row on the right side. I couldn't help but think this was a sign of good faith after unfortunately going to many shows in the past that were postponed or canceld. I was on cloud nine heading into the venue.

First thing I did was check the merch, and I was glad to see they had more signed copies of CS after selling out in Columbia. I bought the CD before Interpol went on and the merch guy told me they only had a few left. So they most likely sold out sometime around Interpol played or got over. At the end of the show both the vinyl and CD were sold out of the signed copies, so if you want one, make sure to buy it beforehand. Both shows they sold out.

Also the Forest Hills custom Moz shirt sold out as well. I didn't notice it because I was fixated on the signed items. But after the show when I went back to the booth, the last few shirts sold. They even pulled down the ones hanging up and sold them as well. They were $40 bucks. Also the Trouble Loves Me Shirt was missing. Not sure if it sold out but they had them in Columbia, but not in Forest Hills.

As for the show. Interpol were great and Moz was fantastic. His voice sounds so good! He wasn't as chatty as he was in Columbia but he interacted with the crowd more, giving out more handshakes. He also tossed his shirt tonight into the crowd during HSIN. There was a few unsuccessful stage invasions, but all of them received hand shakes from M, so they got what they wanted. One guy did make it on stage briefly but Moz's bodyguard was ontop of him ASAP and tossed him off the stage.

The set list was extremely similar to Columbia with only two changes, I believe. I really hope in Camden he does switch things up a little more. I would love to hear "It's Over" from CS and I wish he would bring back "Hold Onto Your Friends" or "Trouble Loves Me". I was very glad I got to hear "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side " that was a absolute banger.

Crowd was pretty filled too, expect for the top levels on the far left and right, and the stoners were also out. A lot of weed clouds were popping up here and there. Haven't smelled the cush since the House of Blues AC show years ago.

Overall an amazing night in New York and looking forward to Camden, which will be my final show on this tour. This is my 9th time seeing Moz since 2007.

VERY EXCELLENT REVIEW!!!:thumb::thumb:

TO NOTE: EVERYTHING IS SELLING OUT IMMEDIATELY SO GRAB YOUR
COLLECTIBLE MERCHANDISE ASAP!!:lbf:

MOZ REWARDING HIS TRUE FANS WITH FRONT ROW TICKETS!!!
AMAZING:rock:

BIGGER CROWDS AND MORE MERCH SELLING THAN
EVER BEFORE!:rock:

VERY EXCELLENT REVIEW!!!:thumb::thumb:

TO NOTE: EVERYTHING IS SELLING OUT IMMEDIATELY SO GRAB YOUR
COLLECTIBLE MERCHANDISE ASAP!!:lbf:

MOZ REWARDING HIS TRUE FANS WITH FRONT ROW TICKETS!!!
AMAZING:rock:

BIGGER CROWDS AND MORE MERCH SELLING THAN
EVER BEFORE!:rock:

You’re Stephen from Scotland
Can I have my 5 pounds a la Viz?

It definitely wasn't empty. Probably like 10k people in the venue. We had very pleasant weather.

Moz sounded great. Set list was fantastic.

Was delighted to hear Hairdresser, Why don't you find out. He gave anice shoutout to Laura Nyro. I love Laura Nyro so much.

I ran into many friends in the VIP area who really wanted to talk about CLAPTON. Overall M gave a solid performance.

And I'm excited for the Hollywood Bowl show.

M is not racist. He's gifted.

It was a beautiful night , Great venue to see a show and a full house. soooo much weed.. thanks all for the contact high.. Jack the Ripper was great to hear again. I was not a fan of the covers LP but hearing them live changed my mind. Throwing the cd back in the car today .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom