Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

“wasn’t a republican.”

😃

“Not until the next time”.
But who cares. I don’t. I repeat I am not against republicans. I would prefer republicans who know the facts though and can intelligently debate the facts which you seem unable to do so

“Prince Andrew was allowed to wear his uniform for the occasion, despite being stripped of his military titles”

Yes. We could’ve told the BBC that would happen a year ago. When they were telling the license fee payer it would “never” happen.
Can you link to when the bbc said it would never happen? You may be surprised to hear that the BBC don’t have any say over ceremonial protocol.

To me I don’t care who is in uniform or not. Not entirely sure what difference it makes. So the protocol is that only working royals are to wear military uniform at ceremonial events. He was given special dispensation to do so at that vigil to his mother as a sign of respect to his mother.

Him not wearing a uniform has nothing to do with being stripped of titles but the policy that non working royals should not wear uniforms at events. That is also the same for Harry but I believe that too has been granted dispensation for todays vigil.

I don’t believe he was wearing anything that indicates any of the military titles he was stripped of. It was the uniform of vice admiral and he still holds that rank.

Does Andrew wearing his uniform upset you so much and why? I doubt you will answer that since you haven’t yet managed to answer any questions.

A recent letter, published in The Guardian. Shares something of the current mood in the UK.

“I grew up in a Middle Eastern police state where I learned from a young age to be guarded in what I say and fearful of the consequences of speaking out. Having now made my home in the UK, in no small part to escape the stifling of human freedom in my country of birth, I confess that the sight and reports of arrests and police harassment of individuals expressing republican beliefs have been profoundly unsettling. I’ve warned my children to tread carefully and not express any views critical of the monarchy, given the belligerent intolerance demonstrated towards those calling for its abolition.”
Putting this all into perspective.

There have been I believe 4 arrests related to disturbances at funeral related events this week.

In a single day this week more than 50 people were arrested at climate change protests at oil refineries.

Refineries owned by oil companies that have made more than £50 Billion in a single quarter of the year and analysis done shows they have been making £2.3 billion profit every day for the last 50 years when people currently can’t afford to pay their bills.

Some rays of light from Clive Lewis MP, and a worthy quick read for anyone who wants some insight into the reasons why The Queen is Dead still chimes for many in the UK.

You still posting from The Guardian? Odd for a Morrissey fan.

It is no surprise that Clive Lewis would post these comments as he has done many times as a corbinista far left republican.

But some of his commentary is completely inaccurate.

The queen reigning over the selling of state companies privately has nothing to do with her. Again this is an example of people similar to most of your statements where the monarchy is being blamed for something it has no control or power over.

His view that this whole thing is about coercion and the upper classes and how he was bemused at people queuing to see the coffin are quite frankly absurd and patronising to all the people who have queued up.

That air of moral and intelligence superiority is just dull. There are 100s of thousands of people from all classes queuing and to patronise them by suggesting they are only doing it as a distraction from their issues is nonsense.

He suggests there should be a debate as do many people including me but he suggests it is being shutdown but I don’t see that at all. I have heard the republican discussion many times this week on tv so who is he suggesting is shutting down the debate?

This kind of commentary at this time does the Labour Party no favours.

Was it the guy who was talking about the charity work he did during lockdowns?

You are right camera and phone use isn’t allowed inside and it is strict.
I honestly don't remember if he was involved in any of the charities, but he wore a t-shirt with a wide neckline displaying a nicely shaped male chest.

Spike of plays doesn’t mean those plays are from anti monarchists.
In that post did I say they were?
Could be for many reasons.
As I said in my post you’re replying to ‘I guess those listeners have their reasons.’

Spike of plays doesn’t mean those plays are from anti monarchists.

Or it could mean exactly that. Sorry, but the truth is, we don’t know who the listeners are.

In that post did I say they were?

As I said in my post you’re replying to ‘I guess those listeners have their reasons.’

Or it could mean exactly that. Sorry, but the truth is, we don’t know who the listeners are.
Exactly but there has been a suggestion on here that it signifies anti monarchist feeling and there is no way of knowing that at all.

Exactly but there has been a suggestion on here that it signifies anti monarchist feeling and there is no way of knowing that at all.

Yes. Perhaps there are those that may have not heard those songs and were curious or haven’t in a while and so they listened to them. Or there were those that hate the monarchy and/or what the Queen stood for to them and wanted to hear those songs again and what those songs meant to them.

Yes. Perhaps there are those that may have not heard those songs and were curious or haven’t in a while and so they listened to them. Or there were those that hate the monarchy and/or what the Queen stood for to them and wanted to hear those songs again and what those songs meant to them.
As you said no one knows so could be anything.

Not really.

She says she doesn’t want killers on the throne. So I think it is relevant.

Do you think the monarchy should not eat meat? How about the prime minister and MPs?
I believe some vegans would say yes.
It is a simple “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” situation.
But if they no longer ‘sin’ = eat meat, then I think they are entitled to say what spent has said. And I think anyone should assume if they say things like spent has said, then they probably don’t hunt or eat animals.

I think some would like to see people in positions of power or the royalty set a good example, especially if the people are in part paying for what the royals or people in positions of government are eating.
You expect world leaders to have to be vegan?
Clive Lewis isn’t vegan so should we stop him for being an MP?
I believe some vegans might say yes.

Last edited:
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. LIES .

The broader Royal back & forths can be found here:
FWD.

Looks like Hyde, c.1982. It really does. And then Thatcher kicked in.
I just wanted to show how the Russian TV pigs manipulate everything. Original frames show the wife and daughter of the governor of the French colony, and later the president of France, Palua Doumer. In the video, women are throwing money to the people of Vietnam. Veyre recorded this passage in 1899 - 27 years before the queen was born.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom