Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

People stream on last.fm so semantics what you want to call it.

If you look at the trending tunes today the same figures are in double digit millions so 45k is really not a lot. I suspect a large number of those would be people who have seen it mentioned in a paper and clicked to hear what it’s all about . I doubt smiths fans would need to stream the tune. Anyone it’s really not that important or interesting. We all know what the song is. Sex Pistols has been streaming quite high.
Who cares about trending tunes. You are completely off topic in your very own post, after just announcing that you “understand numbers”. Numbers shared by the OP clearly showed 300% plays vs 24 hrs previous. So the numbers are “300% in 24hrs”. Not “double digit millions off-topic trending tunes”. :crazy:

Who cares about trending tunes. You are completely off topic in your very own post, after just announcing that you “understand numbers”. Numbers shared by the OP clearly showed 300% plays vs 24 hrs previous. So the numbers are “300% in 24hrs”. Not “double digit millions off-topic trending tunes”. :crazy:
Still tiny numbers. 300% increase doesn’t surprise me but 300% over previous day doesn’t mean that much. It shows the increase in % terms which could be anything. The queen is dead so not surprising the figures are up 300% But the real numbers aren’t huge and if they were Mike Joyce would be happy at his royalty revenue.

Or it is possible that they are fans but haven’t heard the song in a while and clicked on a link, there is also the possibility that they are not fans of the monarchy, deal with it.
I have no issue with people who don’t like the monarchy. That is democracy. I don’t have to deal with anything. I would be troubled if 100% of the population liked the monarchy. I prefer to see a variety of opinions on the subject.

The fact people listen to the queen is dead doesn’t really indicate anything in real terms of public opinion.

Well, everyone has their opinion, there are those who want it and those who do not like it (Moz.) Let everyone express what they feel but with respect, despite everything, the queen seems to be quite respected around the world, she seems to have many Argentine acquaintances of the polo environment, because Argentina has the
Queen Elizabeth deer hunting
the other photo is Queen Elizabeth after killing a tiger.

Now you know why M don't like the royals.They are all (allmost) animals hunters,like foxes and others.
Did you know?

Attachments

• 305665714_10229648479343342_1201752886684296595_n.jpg
    305665714_10229648479343342_1201752886684296595_n.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 305766803_10229648511864155_5953660979181615398_n.jpg
    305766803_10229648511864155_5953660979181615398_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Still tiny numbers. 300% increase doesn’t surprise me but 300% over previous day doesn’t mean that much. It shows the increase in % terms which could be anything. The queen is dead so not surprising the figures are up 300% But the real numbers aren’t huge and if they were Mike Joyce would be happy at his royalty revenue.
I didn’t say anything about 15-45k not being tiny numbers vs many millions. I pointed out after you dismissed the original poster’s statement that the percentage increase in 24 hrs was as given. All your subsequent arguments were peripheral, and I don’t see anyone necessarily negating what you said. It was you who was trying to negate a simple statement made by the other poster. I also think everyone on this site knows how to compare TQID number against its own number from the prior day, and I think everyone on this site also knows how to compare TQID number to the general trending total streams. So I don’t know what you think the insight you presented was, but you still contradicted the OP on their original statement, which was a statement of fact. You then presented a totally unrelated, off-topic statement - which was also a statement of fact, being that we’re talking about 1-step single division arithmetic here.

Is this poor horse dead yet?

You do come out with some strange statements.

So do you think the people turning up on the streets and being interviewed and expected to queue for 30 hours to file past a coffin are doing it because they are under duress?

The plans for the accession are part of the constitution and are openly available for all to see and were planned by members of the government and the royal household etc. nothing is that secret. They fact they were put together by ministerial consent means they are essentially decided on by people voted on by the people. That is how democracy works.
A young man was arrested today in Scotland, for his dissent: his ‘crime’ was to highlight Prince (‘do you know who I am?’) Andrew’s close association with a known child sex trafficker, insider trader, blackmailer and sometime arms dealer. But doubtless you see no abuse of power here, when it’s the protester who’s arrested for further questioning about his conduct?

Queen Elizabeth deer hunting
the other photo is Queen Elizabeth after killing a tiger.

Now you know why M don't like the royals.They are all (allmost) animals hunters,like foxes and others.
Did you know?
They were so very long ago. In a place like Balmoral deer stalking is part of the history and management of the countryside in Scotland. Regardless of what your views are on meat eating deer stalking is for the most part about sustainable food. It isn’t factory farming and is very strictly controlled.

There is a discussion as to whether killing a deer and eating it is better or worse than buying a chicken sandwich which comes from a factory farming slaughter warehouse where conditions are horrific.

I know vegans will say the killing of any animal is wrong but in reality morrissey will have lots of fans who eat meat including people in his own band.

Pretty sure his anti royalist views are based on more than what they eat or hunting the queen may have done more than 60 or 70 years ago.

You have to remember that she was brought up spending large amounts of time on country estates where deer stalking and bird hunting would have been common practice in her youth. It was a very common pastime for people in the countryside and in many parts of Scotland continues today during specific times of the year.

In country estates the forest and land trusts cull deer every year to protect grazing grounds for the herd and to protect and manage forests and trees.

I’m not condoning hunting but things were also very different 60 years ago.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I didn’t say anything about 15-45k not being tiny numbers vs many millions. I pointed out after you dismissed the original poster’s statement that the percentage increase in 24 hrs was as given. All your subsequent arguments were peripheral, and I don’t see anyone necessarily negating what you said. It was you who was trying to negate a simple statement made by the other poster. I also think everyone on this site knows how to compare TQID number against its own number from the prior day, and I think everyone on this site also knows how to compare TQID number to the general trending total streams. So I don’t know what you think the insight you presented was, but you still contradicted the OP on their original statement, which was a statement of fact. You then presented a totally unrelated, off-topic statement - which was also a statement of fact, being that we’re talking about 1-step single division arithmetic here.

Is this poor horse dead yet?
I apologise you felt so triggered and you have misunderstood completely what I said but this horse is very dead and not that interesting as I already said a whole back.

Are you talking about what it was like on here when Moz’s mum died?
Exactly. The most benign posts that pointed out the questionability of Moz imposing his mother as a subject of prayer upon the peoples of the world were mercilessly attacked. I'm sorry but unlike the queen, Elizabeth morrissey is not someone whose presence has impressed itself upon my mental landscape since as long as i can remember. I'm sure she was a good mom, but then so are a lot of mom's and that was the point that those posts sought to point out. But no, we were all supposed to be very very sad. Very very teary eyed. Like cookie monster and cookies, she was supposed to mean WHOLE LOT to us.

A young man was arrested today in Scotland, for his dissent: his ‘crime’ was to highlight Prince (‘do you know who I am?’) Andrew’s close association with a known child sex trafficker, insider trader, blackmailer and sometime arms dealer. But doubtless you see no abuse of power here, when it’s the protester who’s arrested for further questioning about his conduct?
He was arrested I believe for security reasons which isn’t surprising since he was causing a disturbance at a church service where there were senior royals and senior politicians and is no longer in custody.

Andrew has no power or privileges and was stripped pretty much of all his ranks by the queen hence why he is the only royal not in state dress or uniform. He receives no money from the state so not sure what that has to do with anything. Andrew’s crimes and legal case wasn’t in this country so his actions have nothing to do with any governmental institution in this county. The state can’t be responsible for the crimes of its individual citizens or are you saying Andrew’s alleged behaviour is somehow the fault of the constitutional monarchy?

Do you feel the same about every Christian institution in this country and around the globe for the abuse crimes carried out by its members?

You never did respond re your commentary stating this country is the same as North Korea or have you dropped that one?

Exactly. The most benign posts that pointed out the questionability of Moz imposing his mother as a subject of prayer upon the peoples of the world were mercilessly attacked. I'm sorry but unlike the queen, Elizabeth morrissey is not someone whose presence has impressed itself upon my mental landscape since as long as i can remember. I'm sure she was a good mom, but then so are a lot of mom's and that was the point that those posts sought to point out. But no, we were all supposed to be very very sad. Very very teary eyed. Like cookie monster and cookies, she was supposed to mean WHOLE LOT to us.
I have not felt anyone has made me feel like I should be sad. Haven’t seen that. The people I know are not sad at all and don’t feel like they are supposed to be nor do they think much about the queen at all.

The media is covering the events this week where they will obviously be talking to people who are sad but the little of it I have watched I haven’t heard any one telling me to be sad.

FFS, this occurred as Andrew was walking behind the Queen's coffin on the Royal Mile, Edinburgh, and you condone that sort of behaviour? What a complete disgrace you are.
Fortunately, some attending members of the public dragged this vile person to the ground, before the police dealt with him.

A cynical take on an extremely painful moment in M's life.

FFS, this occurred as Andrew was walking behind the Queen's coffin on the Royal Mile, Edinburgh, and you condone that sort of behaviour? What a complete disgrace you are.
Fortunately, some attending members of the public dragged this vile person to the ground, before the police dealt with him.
Before you completely degenerate into a swivel eyed loon, you might do truth a service and recognise that I was pointing to a curious contradiction—regarding scrutiny and accountability to the law.

A cynical take on an extremely painful moment in M's life.
Possibly but the same could also be said of some people’s commentary over an extremely painful moment in many people’s lives over the death of the queen.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom