Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

Screenshot 2022-09-09 6.13.29 PM.png

Sorry to be so Trumpian, but: “I never said that.” It’s true. Go back and re-read that thread. You are twisting my words, and are obviously arguing in bad faith. Nothing says desperation like being uncharitable. And I’m a he.
You keep saying that but you did say that so you should re read. Many people on here has a go when you said it.

“Nothing says desperation like being uncharitable”

So constantly staying the queen is like a kardashian and that it is only about misbehaviours and baby talk etc is charitable hours after she has died?

As you suggest it is extremely difficult to estimate the wealth of the monarch or the royal family in the UK. The monarch hides behind levels of secrecy that are unheard for a head of state. One estimate by Forbes has put the family's assets at $28 billion.

You are not referring to what I am and you are talking about the whole family.

I was talking about the queen’s grant and her private duchy of Lancaster income and the duchy of Cornwall private income.

Forbes are including the likes of non working royals such as Harry and Meghan who are now much richer than they would have been if they had stayed working. Their book deals are off the scale and along with Harry’s inheritance from Diana etc this all adds up. They are also trying to estimate properties such as balmoral and sandringham which are really not possible to estimate and would never be sold.

But I was focusing on private annual income which they pay tax on.

Are we now against people being rich from their private income? They need that income because the sovereign grant doesn’t cover their costs.

His dislike of monarchy was the main thing that attracted you? Seriously? Not the.........music........not the lyrics......not the image?
Sorry Hoff, it was amazing of Morrissey. Growing up in Denton: all questions answered. What I heard from Morrissey was that I wasn’t actually insane. Or that’s how it felt.

I only wanted to ask one question in Hattersley Air Cadets. Reasonable question—what are we about? Asking it changed my life in the long run. There wasn’t an answer.

As you suggest it is extremely difficult to estimate the wealth of the monarch or the royal family in the UK. The monarch hides behind levels of secrecy that are unheard for a head of state. One estimate by Forbes has put the family's assets at $28 billion.

Also in terms of your point re “hides behind levels of secrecy unheard of for a head of state”

That isn’t unheard of. Private financial details for anyone are not publicly available.

You also don’t know what Boris Johnson’s wealth is either except for estimates.

None of these people publish their financial details or tax returns.

The reason they can be estimated is when corporate entities are involved which are possible to find. That is how we know the Duchy of Cornwall income was £20 million which was Charles income and included Harry’s and William’s money and tax is paid on that.

Does anyone know what Trump’s wealth is? Nope. Only similar estimates.

It isn’t unheard of

Then why are they funded from the state purse? If they're making money themselves, why do they need a separate income?

I'll grant you, the American obsession with the British royal family is utterly pathetic. We fought a war to get away from these people, and now we seem to want them back. Make up your mind, America.
We have what you want. And we always will. It’s the American nightmare: to always hanker, however subliminally , however tacitly, after the British “scene”. You put a man on the moon. We didn’t give a f***. We gave you the Beatles, the Pistols, the Smiths. You chased us. But we’re always one step ahead. Always.

Tear me apart and boil my bones
I'll not rest 'til she's lost her throne
My aim is true, my message is clear
It's curtains for you, Elizabeth my dear
You must be so disappointed in Morrissey having not yet posted those prophetic words, The Queen Is Dead on his site. I have to say it's not looking hopeful for you ;) Could it be the recent loss of his Mother has given him a new perspective on death?

We have what you want. And we always will. It’s the American nightmare: to always hanker, however subliminally , however tacitly, after the British “scene”. You put a man on the moon. We didn’t give a f***. We gave you the Beatles, the Pistols, the Smiths. You chased us. But we’re always one step ahead. Always.

Who gave you rock n' roll in the first place? We did. The Beatles would never have happened without Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, and Buddy Holly happening first. Almost all the cover songs on the early Beatles and Stones records are American music. That's not being one step ahead. You did give us the Beatles, the Pistols, and the Smiths. We gave you Bob Dylan, the Velvet Underground, and the Ramones.

I do absolutely grant, though, that England seems to have far more music talent per capita than the U.S. or any other country. As I've already conceded, we are either your equal or your inferior on most counts. Just about the only aspect where we come out ahead is that we don't have a royal family. And the royal family can't be responsible for your best music, except maybe for providing a good foil. Of the artists you mentioned, John Lennon returned his MBE, the Sex Pistols had God Save the Queen, and Morrissey, well ... it goes without saying.

You keep saying that but you did say that so you should re read. Many people on here has a go when you said it.

I didn't say it. You twisted it that way. From the thread in question:

Please don't misquote. I didn't say I would "happily" gas them; I said I would do it if a vegan-fascist administration required it of me. If there is collateral damage in an effort to spare the animals, then I would accept that as a matter course. Anyway, this all pie-in-the-sky and theoretical.

You continue to argue in bad faith, willfully taking everything I say in the worst way possible.

“Nothing says desperation like being uncharitable”

So constantly staying the queen is like a kardashian and that it is only about misbehaviours and baby talk etc is charitable hours after she has died?

Well, charity is wasted on the dead. At best, one would want to hold their tongue out of respect in the presence of the deceased's loved ones, but do you seriously think Prince William in his hour of grief is logging into Morrissey-solo and getting upset that people are being critical of the royal family? Who exactly is being offended? I wouldn't get upset if Morrissey died and you came here within the hour to tell us what a rotten racist you think he was. Who would be such a snowflake? Morrissey wouldn't care either. He'd be dead.

You should also (though you won't) scruple to notice that I've tried to limit my criticisms to the institution of the monarchy and the royal family in general, and not deride Queen Elizabeth in particular. The Kardashian comment was made only, as far as Queen Elizabeth is concerned, in respect to her being famous for being famous. I credit her with being much more dignified and well-behaved than her sister or her children or Harry, who are the real Kardashians in this scene. And I also think Elizabeth, in her youth, was much more attractive than any Kardashian. She had a pleasant physiognomy.

160419-queen-elizabeth-ii-08a.jpg

hbz-queen-elizabeth-1947-gettyimages-53261354.jpg

Last edited:
If the monarchy can have the royal crest removed from Harrods, they can have the HMP removed from British jails. Being the head of the British state means the royal family is identical with it (albeit in some qualified fashion). They’re complicit and share responsibility. They certainly reap the material benefits.

They can, of course, intervene in matters they choose to. And they often do, using media savvy to bamboozal the proles: The Queen herself celebrated Scotland’s decision to remain part of the union—we know through an ‘indiscretion. And Charles recently ‘let slip’ his feelings on the government’s appalling and cowardly Rwanda ambitions for refugees (the government is apparently now having a ‘rethink’). But hardened gangsters in Manchester pubs recognised that as a new low.

If there was a referendum on the monarchy tomorrow, they would of course win it. And if it was in two years time, wherein there would be time for the dots to be joined with the manifold of nodes of corruption and cruelty (both modern and historical) I suspect they’d win by a narrow margin—but be fatally holed (through the exposure) beneath the waterline.

The population of the North West of England, with its high density of Irish, Caribbean, Pakistani and Bangladeshi descendants, would naturally favour a republic.

Nothing to fear? Then bring the discussion on. The oxymoron of democracy with a shielded and secure monarchy is a national embarrassment. Particularly when its representatives famously rush to rub shoulders with the most undesirable individuals, and despotic regimes, on the planet.

As a beginning they might do well to apologise to the population of Ireland who provided ready target practice prior to the British occupation of the Americas. They might follow by saying sorry for giving the royal seal of approval given to the catastrophic lie of ‘the famine’, which remains beyond even the reach of the complicit ‘woke’ brigade in its ongoing propagation in UK schools. The Monarchy enjoyed the ‘fruits’ of the famine’s policy of syphoning the abundance of produce from Ireland, whilst blaming mass starvation on potato blight. Nice. But the thing is, even with the Soviet style censorship, shit like that will stain British royalty forever. And in the context of a referendum, I might just stick it on a pamphlet.
Get an editor.

Because people love the traditions and the pageantry and history. For the most part they like the whole package of hereditary monarchy. That effect and attraction wouldnt be satisfied if a politically associated member of government tried to do the royal duties. That wouldn’t bring millions out onto the streets and no one would be interested in televising it. People love that stuff. People live the personal connection they felt with the queen. It didn’t visually look or feel like a job was being done by the government. A government employee wouldn’t work dor 69 years nor be neutral. People love the feeling they get that it is a family with history etc. the tv has been full of people comparing the queen to their gran or their mum. They wouldn’t get that emotional connection with a paid civil servant joe bloggs.

Yes, we should be asking why people ‘need’ such things. And work to correct it.

How very odd that people on a site for a wealthy rock star, some who
love and worship him unconditionally, act as if they have a personal connection with him, and will defend his sometimes horrible behavior - will question people from another country about why they love or like their monarchy and how it should be 'corrected'. Sock puppeting obvious, btw.

Last edited:
Johnny Rotten's well wishes to the Queen are hilarious and farcical. I guess he was just another capitalist in the end.

I have nothing personal against the Queen but I did not admire her. No one is born royal or above anyone else. And if I were born into such a family I would turn it down and / or favor abolishment.

At maximum a 'royal family' could have a ceremonial role, but NEVER on the taxpayer dime. That is ridiculous.

It's unlikely Morrissey or Marr will insult the Queen as she is laid to rest, and there's no need, but it's a different thing entirely to hold her up as some pillar of anything other than WASPy privilege. So John Lydon can suck it.

It is true that I don't really understand what Morrissey's position is re: the monarchy. He is antagonistic to the maximum, but on the flip side he embraces some kind of imagined british identity that sounds like something someone in a monarchy would believe. He is ever the contrarian.

I don’t know if anyone remembers this, but Moz VERY recently put out a statement where he says words to the effect of that he doesn’t like the royal family, but he DOES like the Queen. Anyone remember that or can find it? It was pretty recent, 1-2 years or less

The last recent main posts were:
2021 - 'naked' Morrissey covering Queen's face image.
Or:
2018 close?

JOHN: With your views on the monarchy, why did you recently play The Royal Albert Hall, Alexandra Palace and even The London Palladium? Your mother was in the Royal Box, apparently?

MORRISSEY: Yes, my mother, whose name is also Elizabeth, was in the Royal Box. I think those halls belong to all of us. I also think you are asking me if I have softened towards monarchy?

JOHN: No, but, you’ve asked yourself, so go ahead!

MORRISSEY: Well, you know, even a passion to save the planet can start to tire out a bit. I am not fiendish where the House of Windsor is concerned. I resent being ordered to be in awe. I resent the assumption that I must be relentlessly engaged in being in awe of power and money. The House of Windsor represents the strictest social inequality, but I have, I think, expressed my opinion many times, and I don’t feel the need to go on about it, and I wish no ill to anyone. I have been invited to Buckingham Palace three times, did you know? Charles once sent a signed note. If I get a fourth invitation I will go. It seems rude not to! (laughs) I am certain I could persuade Anne that eating horses isn’t a nice thing to do.

Given Central has been the only site sharing statements, if you wish to search for anything specific try typing:
site:morrisseycentral.com [search term]
in to a browser bar.
The space after .com is important and no brackets just the keyword. You should get a date ordered list of results.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom