Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

"If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star."
- Uju Anya
“Supervised a government” please explain

Notable of course primarily for the reason that that piece of gutter trash Uju Anya doesn’t speak out to condemn all the wars and atrocities her own government has sponsored without pause and continues to sponsor all over the globe since WWII

ETA: *Uju Anya’s comments being notable primarily for the reason that…

Last edited:
Being a tolerant sort, I (amongst many) was prepared to wait until Lizzy’s death before shouting a bit louder for the end of the royal parade.

Yesterday, that moment came, and it was seized in its opportunity to begin that debate. Obviously, being the UK, that debate has been completely shut down before it could start. And the UK media would have the world believe that Britain contains 75 million royal fanatics who’ve wilted like lettuce overnight after being starved of their very life-force.

The debate about the monarchy’s future will, of course, never enter the forum of democracy. It will always be ‘disrespectful’. We must all now wilt for about a year.

If anyone might be wondering why some hold Morrissey in high regard, and the monarchy in no regard, you could do worse than acknowledge the one-dimensional, blanket, representation of the UK’s relationship with the dead monarch. It’s everything Morrissey opposes, and (along with The Stone Roses) it’s what attracted me to him initially, and it’s what makes him more vital than ever right now.

Within the current North Korea style imposition of a love lie is an unseen, unelected, powerful hand. The Royal Family are not subjected to it, because they are it.

In terms of a more transparent exposure of this power, well you might want to look up the role Charles plays in selling arms in the middle-east, when he’s not accepting carrier bags stuffed with cash from sheikhs: It’s a world away from selling teapots to American tourists. Union Jack teapots also contrast with a monarchy which will be happy to play its role in incarcerating individuals who might refuse to pay gas bills and resist bailiffs this winter.

Incidentally, if anyone thinks Ashton, Droylsden and Failsworth are preoccupied with the death of the queen (as suggested in Angela Rayner’s statement) then I’ve a bridge to sell you.

Nevertheless, I dare say The Freemasons will fly flags at half-mast. And if you find yourself offended by Morrissey’s inevitable statement on the current UK charade, you might find The Freemasons are more your thing.

His dislike of monarchy was the main thing that attracted you? Seriously? Not the.........music........not the lyrics......not the image?

"Some survivors of rape, castration, starvation, forced labour, and torture in Britain's colonial gulag in Kenya are still alive. They never got the apology they asked for."
- ShailJa Patel
So you think the queen and king are responsible all this time later for the actions of colonialists so long ago?

It would be the responsibility of the government to announce official apologies which does happen every now and again.

Current royalty aren’t allowed to make official statements on behalf of the government. They have to remain neutral.

"If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star."
- Uju Anya
The hateful woman who when hearing the queen was dying posted that she wished the queen an excruciatingly painful death.

Obviously completely bonkers.

"Queen Elizabeth had a very glorious chance and opportunities to right these wrongs by acknowledging the atrocities of the inglorious empire not only in Africa but also in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean….to apologize and to pay reparations for these but she chose not to. That was her choice."
- Hardi Yakubu
Why not provide a link to the full article where you got this info, rather than just using selective quotes which serve your 'purpose'?
One's a pan-African activist, one's an African born columnist, and the other, some African 'professor'. :rolleyes:

I ain't Uju Anya. Write to'er on twitter and ask.
The queen has never supervised any government and she is a bonkers hateful monster who a few days ago wished the queen a painful death because of atrocities she had nothing to do with in Nigeria. She may want to focus on attrocities in Nigeria that occurred post independence on 1960 and stop wishing painful deaths on sick people.

The queen has never supervised any government and she is a bonkers hateful monster who a few days ago wished the queen a painful death because of atrocities she had nothing to do with in Nigeria. She may want to focus on attrocities in Nigeria that occurred post independence on 1960 and stop wishing painful deaths on sick people.

Ya still must think I'm Uju Anya.

So you think the queen and king are responsible all this time later for the actions of colonialists so long ago?

It would be the responsibility of the government to announce official apologies which does happen every now and again.

Current royalty aren’t allowed to make official statements on behalf of the government. They have to remain neutral.

I ain't ShailJa Patel either.
I posted the quotes to give a different perspective.

Ya still must think I'm Uju Anya.
No I don’t. I know who she is. You posted part of a post of hers so I am responding to that post. If you didn’t expect to get anyone responding what was the point in posting that shit?

The whole basis of constitutional monarchyis that it is a hereditary role based on tradition. Replacing that with essentially an ambassador with no tradition wouldn’t have the same effect or attraction. Nice idea but would be a very unpopular one.

What do you mean by ‘wouldn’t have the same effect or attraction’?

And why is that more important than simply having someone in government perform the same services?

And as far as charity goes, if a rich person wants to perform charitable acts they don’t need to be royal to do that.

It's interestin' to learn what Queen Elizabeth meant
to others.
Ya get a fuller view that way.
Not really when you just post snippets of stupid posts. When you post things like that of course people will react and respond.

It doesn’t give a fuller view at all

This is the monster who said she would be happy if gas chambers were used to execute meat eaters.

Sorry to be so Trumpian, but: “I never said that.” It’s true. Go back and re-read that thread. You are twisting my words, and are obviously arguing in bad faith. Nothing says desperation like being uncharitable. And I’m a he.

This is how it works

Back in the 1800s an agreement whereby the king would give to the government all the profits from the Crown Estate (properties and estates owned by the monarch) in return for a grant (now called the Sovereign Grant).

This grant equates to approx 25% of those profits and is approx £80 million.

The annual profits from the crown estate are approx £400 million so the grant is more than covered by the money the government receives from the Crown Estate.

It can be argued that the profits from the estate would be similar if the monarchy kept the profits and then paid tax but that is very difficult to assess. So in a way is coming from tax but without the profits from the Crown Estate, an estate the monarch maintains from the grant, the government wouldn’t be getting that £400 million a year.

This £80 million is for official costs so approx £30 million pays for the upkeep of royals estates, approx £30 million covers the employee costs for the royal office and staff. The rest is distributed amongst all working royals.

The monarch also has a private income which is from the Duchy of Lancaster which she inherited from her father and on those profits she volunteers to pay tax.

The Prince of Wales also has a private income from the privately owned Duchy of Cornwall and again he pays tax on those profits voluntarily.

She was wealthy but her estimated worth including estimates on privately owned estates like Balmoral and Sandringham was recorded as being approx £340 million and Charles’ worth was estimated to be approx £80 million although his worth isn’t easy to estimate.

These are large figures but when you compare it to the wealth of other figures it isn’t massively above on lists.
As you suggest it is extremely difficult to estimate the wealth of the monarch or the royal family in the UK. The monarch hides behind levels of secrecy that are unheard of for a head of state. One estimate by Forbes has put the family's assets at $28 billion.

Last edited:
What do you mean by ‘wouldn’t have the same effect or attraction’?

And why is that more important than simply having someone in government perform the same services?

And as far as charity goes, if a rich person wants to perform charitable acts they don’t need to be royal to do that.
I never mentioned charity.

Because people love the traditions and the pageantry and history. For the most part they like the whole package of hereditary monarchy. That effect and attraction wouldnt be satisfied if a politically associated member of government tried to do the royal duties. That wouldn’t bring millions out onto the streets and no one would be interested in televising it. People love that stuff. People live the personal connection they felt with the queen. It didn’t visually look or feel like a job was being done by the government. A government employee wouldn’t work dor 69 years nor be neutral. People love the feeling they get that it is a family with history etc. the tv has been full of people comparing the queen to their gran or their mum. They wouldn’t get that emotional connection with a paid civil servant joe bloggs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom