Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

You really are quite pathetic and I can read you like a book just not a very clever book.

You always try to steer discussions into attacks on Islam because of your bullshit islamaphobic hate and I’m not interested in going there. I have no issue with Islam or Christianity or anybody’s freedom to believe.

Do yourself a favour go and read some real research and educate yourself and get off your soapbox cause no one gives a shit.
You are being trolled, don't waste your energy

They're against the monarchy because Morrissey is.

Britons, maybe. But Americans don't need Morrissey for the sentiment; we are taught in elementary school that the yoke of the British monarchy was something to be rid of. Granted, that monarchy has become significantly declawed since the late 18th century, but it's just as unnecessary as a ceremonial thing today as it was a despotism then.

Britons, maybe. But Americans don't need Morrissey for the sentiment; we are taught in elementary school that the yoke of the British monarchy was something to be rid of. Granted, that monarchy has become significantly declawed since the late 18th century, but it's just as unnecessary as a ceremonial thing today as it was a despotism then.
What so everything you're taught in school you just nod away in agreement? Did they teach you in school that without monarchies there would be no England? Today yes they are mainly ceremonial but beneath that surface lies hundreds of years war and peace to get where they are today. Without the hard won efforts of King Alfred, today England would be a bunch of counties constantly trying to f*** each other up.

Ceremony is not a word to be taken lightly either. When you take a moment to think about it we are nothing but ceremony and without it we fade away very quickly. If the last three years haven't taught us that then I don't know what to tell you.

The British Royals Family is a story of unearned wealth and power. End of.

Removed from the experience of ordinary Britons, and having made no gesture to show her empathy with the nation’s difficulties, Liz Windsor spent 70 years thumbing her nose at her subjects.

"She made you a moron ..." There is no rational argument for the monarchy. It serves very little purpose other than to help perpetuate an outmoded class system and to promote anti-aspiration at a time when Britain is the most unequal society it has been since the Second World War.

The monarchy will always represent unmerited privilege, secrecy, greed, corruption and sycophancy, hypocrisy and the sanctifying of a deferential class society based on bloody-clawed capitalism.

She's a human being that brought good things to the world, and she's now gone.

A true fan of The Smiths would have compassion, and I shouldn't even need to mention that.

I get the whole 'against the Monarchy' aspect of Morrissey, but that's where it should stop. A person who was known and loved by so many is now dead - that's not a 'happy' thing.

In her life she acted with dignity and respect, so should be deserving of respect after death. Or...at least be neutral about it, and show a good, grown-up side of you.
If you can't say something good then say nothing at all. Acting.
Can you imagine what he would have thought of her of she was Muslim?

What so everything you're taught in school you just nod away in agreement?

Of course not. But “no taxation without representation” does make sense, even when a child thinks on it.

Did they teach you in school that without monarchies there would be no England? Today yes they are mainly ceremonial but beneath that surface lies hundreds of years war and peace to get where they are today. Without the hard won efforts of King Alfred, today England would be a bunch of counties constantly trying to f*** each other up.

Obviously, everything in history had to happen, or the world would be different. They did teach me that in school. But not everything historical is worth keeping.

Ceremony is not a word to be taken lightly either. When you take a moment to think about it we are nothing but ceremony and without it we fade away very quickly. If the last three years haven't taught us that then I don't know what to tell you.

I’m not denying ceremony its place. But I don’t think the ceremonial should be made out to be more than it is, either. If you and your compatriots enjoy keeping on a figurehead monarch, for the purposes of things like patriotism and tourism and “royal baby” intrigue and the tabloid drama of misbehaving princes, that’s up to you. My stance is that given it’s a hereditary position and not merited, more is being made of this person than is warranted.

Who's "poking fun"? All some people are saying is that you're not required to mourn the death of someone you don't know and someone whose station you disapprove of. I'm not going to care if Kim Kardashian dies either. The royals are essentially the Kardashians with tradition.

I'm sure she did. She spent her life waving to adoring crowds across the globe.
You just proved my point.

A quick scan of his royal musings in various TTY statements would tend to indicate (unless mellowed by his own loss or someone with sound marketing skills stopping him) he will probably make a less than nice comment anon.
Hopefully on stage and not on Central just to limit impacts, but here's an example when Prince died:

"Prince, who made something of his life as opposed to having fortune handed to him, is far more 'royal' than Elizabeth 2, and he will be mourned far more than she, for she could never make herself loveable, no matter how many paid and promoted non-stories flood the newspapers of the world. The laughing gulls of Buckingham Palace will never allow you to forget who wields the stick. And, of course, we know very well what gulls tend to do on the people below. Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her."

FWD.

The queen is dead is a beautiful song, I can say that without understanding anything what the lyrics said I loved as soon as I heard it, then of course I knew what it was referring to and look for the translation of the lyrics, Moz left his opinion expressed ... I liked it from the beginning. I am not interested in royalty, I have my opinion, but I respect those who mourn the queen. I have personality and I do not like TQID because Moz expressed his criticism of the queen, the song is very good and point for me

This story is old, I know, but it goes on.

One day prior to giving a public plea on behalf of animal welfare (!), Prince William is to be found in Spain (with Prince Harry) shooting and killing as many deer and boar as they possibly can! Although William’s speech (no doubt written by his publicity aides at Clarence House) will concentrate on endangered species, William is too thickwit to realize that animals such as tigers and rhino are only driven to near extinction because people who are precisely like himself and his brother have shot them off the map – all in the name of sport and slaughter.

Whenever you shoot an animal in the head the outcome is usually the same: death. Just why William kills innocent and defenseless deer does not matter – the fact is, he does it, and we must go on and on asking why any form of violence is acceptable to the British establishment. It is easy for privileged people to assume jealousy to be the reason why anyone would wish to condemn them, but the British Boil Family never fails to be a colossal embarrassment to the United Kingdom.

The Spanish trip is more than likely unwillingly funded by the British taxpayer, and we know very well that the British press is duty-bound to always defend and cleanse the bad behavior of the Boil Family – no matter how abysmal and hypocritical their actions. But the rationalists amongst us – who are never allowed to speak, are intelligent enough to realize that endangered species are dying out only because of people like William and Harry, and, for this we can only pray to God that their hunting guns backfire in their faces.

MORRISSEY
9 February 2014, France.

Last edited:
I wonder if Johnson will be at the funeral or would he rather be partying.
Maybe they can have a very modern British send off where Johnson gets his lights punched out in the boozer afterwards by William or Princess Anne.

The UK is royally focked now! HAHAHAHAHA 'MERICA! USA USA USA! LATER LIMEYS! Enjoy Brexit on your dank miserable island with your retarded King!

The Queen is dead. Long live the King! How long before our boy complains that the media is not correctly using the old Smiths song in such a way to maximize promotion of himself? ...and look for it to return to the setlist, where it rightly belongs.

I never said she did nothing. Clearly she knew how to greet heads of state at dinner parties. I'm saying that her function was largely and primarily ceremonial. I wonder, did she have any authority over Prime Minister Tony Blair when he allied the UK with the "bombs-away" U.S. maniacal President Bush in unleashing "shock and awe" on Iraq? Please help me research that one.

But if you have a tradition that assigns a nightmare of a life to people based on birth, isn't that a tradition you'd want to end? I mean, it was traditional for a long time to sentence homosexuals to hard labor in prison, but you put an end to that some point, so I'm not sure why something has to remain hallowed just because of tradition.

Well, Kim Kardashian does charity work, too, apparently. You can read about it on "popsugar.com": 12 Ways Kim Kardashian Is Actually Doing Good in This World. It's not that hard when you have a lot of money and spare time. Don't forget, she met with President Trump and lobbied for the release of A$AP Rocky from detention in Sweden. What a meeting of the minds that one surely was. She's a "critical diplomatic entity." Come now, this is absurd. These are all just vapid people of wealth with way too much time on their hands. It's like Christopher Hitchens once surmised about Princess Diana: she probably woke up one day bored, and thought to herself, "oh, what the f*ck. Schedule's empty. I'll kiss a leper."
She didn’t really have a lot of time on her hands. She was constantly working even on her death bed. When you have worked daily for 70 years feel free to say you had too much time on your hands.

You are still showing yourself as ignorant and quite frankly stupid and bored with talking with someone who is incapable of doing some self education. You have no idea what you are talking about and keep repeating the same factless incorrect bullshit.

Not interested.

R.I.P Tiger

That was over 60 years ago.
You are going to play god and judge over someone who has just died who did something you didn’t like in 1961?
Do you still listen to Michael Jackson?

I went to school in America and I have never been taught in elementary school the British monarchy was something to be rid of and I very much doubt you were either.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom