Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

Just like you won’t be hearing ‘Another one bites the dust’ by Quee, you won’t be hearing this, or probably any other Smiths song on the radio in the UK for the next 10 or so days.

FB_IMG_1662663689720.jpg

Screenshot_20220908-200124~2.png

I’m spending the afternoon and evening in a hipster coffee shop (Fuglen) that turns into a cocktail bar in the evenings. Ten minutes after the announcement - lo and behold - they played The Queen Is Dead on the «musikkanlegg». So that was quite clever.

one of the rules i try to stick to in life is.
if you dont have something good to say about somebody then dont say anything.

I'm sad to hear the news of Queen Elizabeth's passing.

My condolences to those who loved, admired and respected her.

The media won't write about it, but she was evil towards the catholics in Ireland.
Her visit to Ireland was one of the most successful visits she ever did. She was massively welcomed by the Irish people and she was the only monarch to ever visit.

As also backed by the tributes coming from Ireland.

Although I have despised the Royal family, and what it stands for since a lad in shorts, I can’t help feeling a little sad at the death of a woman, who has shown courage, leadership and Damn bloody hard work.

If there are......they all deserve to be shot.
The British tried that for hundreds of years - it tended not to work that well. Which is why I imagine you'll find it hard to get to the bar in some parts of Liverpool or Glasgow, or West Belfast or Dungiven or Newry tonight...

As much as you may hate the institution of the royal family, the Queen was still a human being at the end of the day, so hopefully Morrissey won't be publicly celebrating someone's death. Maybe his own mother's passing will have taught him some empathy - we'll see.

Yes I've noticed that, bit odd isn't it.

It's not so odd if you factor in the perspective from outside. America is a wasteful nation, but at least it can be said of us that we don't spend money propping up a needless, absurd, and ceremonial monarchy. The royals, at £102.4 million per year on the taxpayer dime, are frequently said to be one of the biggest welfare families in the world. What service do they provide to justify the expense?

Although I have despised the Royal family, and what it stands for since a lad in shorts, I can’t help feeling a little sad at the death of a woman, who has shown courage, leadership and Damn bloody hard work.

Thats fair enough Carlisle and its great that you appreciate her hard work and dedication to our nation, she was a fabulously hard working woman and must have been in terribly poor health when she met with the exiting and new PM only 2 days ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom