Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces - BBC (September 8, 2022)

How very odd that people on a site for a wealthy rock star, some who
love and worship him unconditionally, act as if they have a personal connection with him, and will defend his sometimes horrible behavior - will question people from another country about why they love or like their monarchy and how it should be 'corrected'. Sock puppeting obvious, btw.
can you list in detail his horrible behaviour,because you might not agree does not make it horrible.

can you list in detail his horrible behaviour,because you might not agree does not make it horrible.
I think he's said some pretty horrible things and has been called out for them, we all know what they are.

Last edited:
The U.S. created popular music, so… that match has been over for a LONG time.
Depends what you mean by 'popular music'. In the 19th century music hall was pretty 'popular', spreading to the USA as variety and vaudeville. They are all in the mix of what created modern pop, just as much as the blues and rock and roll that emerged in the USA. The Beatles' White Album is a trip through the various origins of modern pop.

I think he's said some pretty horrible things and has been called out for them, we all know what they are.
we all say horrible things,doesnt mean we actually mean them.

I am pretty sure there is an encyclopaedia somewhere that lists it.
then i look forward to having a good read at it when you produce it.
indiana jones is always on the hunt for these mythical items,you should give him a call,you might have to trawl through the phone book as there is 164 indiana jones in the good ole U S of A.

yip,agree with that,popular culture started with bill hayley and a few others then ELVIS took it to another level which gave groups like the beatles the inspiration to do it themselves.
I’d say Frank Sinatra meant more to early pop music culture than Bill Haley. Frank had teen girls screaming their lungs out in 1939.

Depends what you mean by 'popular music'. In the 19th century music hall was pretty 'popular', spreading to the USA as variety and vaudeville. They are all in the mix of what created modern pop, just as much as the blues and rock and roll that emerged in the USA. The Beatles' White Album is a trip through the various origins of modern pop.
I think we could all agree that blues and spirituals were the first seeds sown in the soil that sparked rock and pop music.

MORRISSEY: Well, you know, even a passion to save the planet can start to tire out a bit. I am not fiendish where the House of Windsor is concerned. I resent being ordered to be in awe. I resent the assumption that I must be relentlessly engaged in being in awe of power and money. The House of Windsor represents the strictest social inequality, but I have, I think, expressed my opinion many times, and I don’t feel the need to go on about it, and I wish no ill to anyone. I have been invited to Buckingham Palace three times, did you know? Charles once sent a signed note. If I get a fourth invitation I will go. It seems rude not to! (laughs) I am certain I could persuade Anne that eating horses isn’t a nice thing to do.
That's nice. It shows that he hasn't backed down a bit but that he's more level-headed, and as he says here, he's expressed his opinion many times over the years. It's also in line with the lack of comments or posts on his social media. The very fact that he hasn't queued behind British pop royalty, filing past Her Majesty's cyber coffin on Twitter, Instagram etc., shows his lackadaisical attitude towards her death. He needn't go pop a champagne to celebrate it (he might as well have done it -who tf am I to condemn- but he didn't do a PR stunt). That's daft and invective. He simply doesn't care and it is alright.

ps: I vaguely remember his posts on True-To-You after Thatcher's death but I don't think that they were any different than what he had already said about her. Plus they are two different people, with two different spheres of influence. No need to compare.

indiana jones is always on the hunt for these mythical items,you should give him a call,you might have to trawl through the phone book as there is 164 indiana jones in the good ole U S of A.
You must have been hiding under a rock for the past few decades.

Yes I'm fully aware of the Stone Roses song and I saw you quote lyrics for TQID which is why made my comment.
Yes, testament to Queen Elizabeth great impact to inspire some really classic musical songs.

Your reaction is to why I would want Morrissey to make a statement now is uncalled for and, frankly, quite silly.

I will give you two but there are whole pages of lists if you care to do a simple Google search.

These two are the two that opened my eyes to the horror of what comes out of his opinionated rants.

Both relate to child abuse and sexual abuse by adults against children.

“If everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it.”

“Eating meat is really on the same moral level as child abuse. It’s the same thing.”

I’ve heard all the “context” arguments and defences relating to these quotes but for me they are hurtful beyond belief and unforgivable. As a victim of abuse my admiration stopped when he said these things. But of course there have been a
Liturgy of other quotes that to others are equally horrific.

Morrissey doesn't need to add any more statement to his famous song "The queen is dead" and all he has already been saying over the years, if he wants to be elegant.

...Am I to understand Charles is going to noncommittally sit on his family jewels - :straightface: - and let that second Liz frack the country up???!?

Cos if I were King I 'd have beaten some sense into the silly tart already!! There'd be blood on the sceptre. Oh yeah!

That P.M is off to a very rocky start indeed.
A fracking frenzy, is she off her rocker??? God knows what other plans she has to kill the land and the people on it.

I'm prepared to chain myself to 10 Downers st : PM me if you need help, good people of the UK!

I’d say Frank Sinatra meant more to early pop music culture than Bill Haley. Frank had teen girls screaming their lungs out in 1939.
we are talking rock n roll not crooning,never seen a woman throwing their undies at ole blue eyes,

I will give you two but there are whole pages of lists if you care to do a simple Google search.

These two are the two that opened my eyes to the horror of what comes out of his opinionated rants.

Both relate to child abuse and sexual abuse by adults against children.

“If everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it.”

“Eating meat is really on the same moral level as child abuse. It’s the same thing.”

I’ve heard all the “context” arguments and defences relating to these quotes but for me they are hurtful beyond belief and unforgivable. As a victim of abuse my admiration stopped when he said these things. But of course there have been a
Liturgy of other quotes that to others are equally horrific.
some people treat their animals better than their own children.
ever heard of the casting couch.

...Am I to understand Charles is going to noncommittally sit on his family jewels - :straightface: - and let that second Liz frack the country up???!?

Cos if I were King I 'd have beaten some sense into the silly tart already!! There'd be blood on the sceptre. Oh yeah!

That P.M is off to a very rocky start indeed.
A fracking frenzy, is she off her rocker??? God knows what other plans she has to kill the land and the people on it.

I'm prepared to chain myself to 10 Downers st : PM me if you need help, good people of the UK!
A lot of those anticipated fracking sites are in Tory seats: it’s electoral suicide. But they’ve had a death wish for a while now.

As an aside, I might mention that the UK is currently buying back its own North Sea gas from the continent as massively inflated prices—the point being that, in principle, we don’t need to frack. The dodgy supposition behind the venture is that fracking will create more gas and affect the market: it’s homeopathy—more of the problem to fix the problem.

Good luck at Downing Street because I anticipate things are about to get nasty. And the current constitutional issues will only turn everything more sour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom