Quarry - Brixton Aftershow Events - May 2009

Quarry

The London Tribute Night
Quarry is pleased to announce three aftershow events to follow Morrissey's Brixton Academy Concerts.

Thursday 28th May 2009 - CANCELLED
----------------------------

Friday 29th May 2009
@
The Dogstar
389 Coldharbour Lane
Brixton
SW9 8LQ
(5-6 minute walk from The Brixton Academy)

10pm - 3am

Two upstairs floors of Morrissey/Smiths music with a visual projected tribute

----------------------------
Saturday 30th May 2009
@
The Dogstar
389 Coldharbour Lane
Brixton
SW9 8LQ
(5-6 minute walk from The Brixton Academy)

10pm - 3am

Two upstairs floors of Morrissey/Smiths music with a visual projected tribute

-----------------------

Ticket Information

Advance Tickets for Each Night £6
Tickets on the Door £8

Discounted Advance Tickets giving entry to BOTH Friday and Saturday nights £10

Previous aftershow events have sold out so to avoid being turning away on the door and to get the cheaper price please buy your tickets in advance.

Tickets and full details including directions/maps are available on the Quarry web site.

Thanks for your support

Mike

http://quarrynight.com

Last edited:
I had problems finding a venue that had a late licence on a Tuesday night near the Troxy so I decided not to do anything that night.

Several people have asked about the Thursday night in Brixton and I can add it but am going to wait to see what the response is to the other two nights first. Also running 3 nights until 3am on consecutive days is a lot of work for everyone involved. I'll probably decide by the end March whether to add it or not.

Mike

I had problems finding a venue that had a late licence on a Tuesday night near the Troxy so I decided not to do anything that night.

Several people have asked about the Thursday night in Brixton and I can add it but am going to wait to see what the response is to the other two nights first. Also running 3 nights until 3am on consecutive days is a lot of work for everyone involved. I'll probably decide by the end March whether to add it or not.

Mike

Thanks for the reply! Shame about Troxy, but credit for trying! Really do apreicate the difficulties and hard work involved on your part but if a night could be arranged after the Thursday gig I would be eternally grateful!! :)

Cheers Kewpie, thanks for the link!

Thanks for organising these once again Mike. I'll be attending both, and will add my name to the roll call for a Thursday Quarry too if it's possible! :)

Yes there will be a Thursday night Quarry. I'm waiting for confirmation from the venue which will hopefully be in the next couple of days.

Mike

I can now confirm that there will be a Quarry aftershow event to follow Morrissey at The Brixton Academy on Thursday 28th May at The Dogstar.

Ticket details have yet to be confirmed but should be on sale by next Wednesday once the ticket agency have added the event to their web site.

Mike

Tickets for Thursday night are now on sale with the addition of a discounted £15 ticket giving entry to all three nights.

QuarryFlyerMay20092-01.jpg

QuarryFlyerMay20092-02.jpg

Last edited:
There was a fire at Plan B last week so the Quarry aftershow on Saturday 30th May will now also be happening at The Dogstar.

The Dogstar is a smaller venue than Plan B so I expect the Saturday night to sell out so please get your tickets in advance to avoid being turned away on the door.

Directions/map and tickets can be found on the Quarry web site

http://quarrynight.com

Mike

I've been in talks with Sea Shepherd regarding running a benefit night at Quarry.

They will be in attendance at the Quarry Brixton after show events with a table selling merchandise and providing information about the great work they do.

If numbers/costs allow Quarry will be donating a percentage of all ticket sales to Sea Shepherd.

More information about Sea Shepherd can be found at http://www.seashepherd.org

Please get your tickets for Quarry and support Sea Shepherd.

Sea Shepherd's Mission Statement

Established in 1977, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) is an international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization. Our mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species.

Sea Shepherd uses innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately-balanced ocean ecosystems, Sea Shepherd works to ensure their survival for future generations.

Thanks,

Mike

The Dogstar is a smaller venue than Plan B so I expect the Saturday night to sell out so please get your tickets in advance to avoid being turned away on the door.

At the moment Quarry will still be going ahead regardless.

If the Thursday Academy show is canceled then I may well cancel the Thursday Quarry but I will make a decision on this when something is confirmed.

Mike

I've just found out that The Doll and The Kicks are doing an after party also at The Dogstar on Friday and people have been contacting me because they are advertising it as free entry.

There are three floors at The Dogstar and the Quarry aftershow is on the top 2 floors and I assume the Doll and The Kicks party is on the ground floor.

You will still need to pay an entry fee to get into Quarry either by buying an advance ticket via the Quarry web site or for £2 more at the entry to the upstairs floors.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom