Qi or HIGNFY?

Wichita Lineman

Leave Me Alone
Which is better; Qi or Have I Got News For You?

And why.

I say Qi, because of Steven Fry.

I hate all game shows of any shape or description.All the ones at five in the evening are moronic.

But I would say HIGNFY would have the edge.

Mock The Week

This. HIGNFY looks so tame and stagnant compared to Mock the Week. Its only saving grace is Paul Merton and even he seems to be getting worse, perhaps due to boredom. And of course it made Boris into the harmless comedy figure many now see him to be and therefore thought it a good move to elect him Mayor. QI is fun and can be brilliant but i've seen the episodes so many times now it's getting ridiculous.

This. HIGNFY looks so tame and stagnant compared to Mock the Week. Its only saving grace is Paul Merton and even he seems to be getting worse, perhaps due to boredom. And of course it made Boris into the harmless comedy figure many now see him to be and therefore thought it a good move to elect him Mayor. QI is fun and can be brilliant but i've seen the episodes so many times now it's getting ridiculous.

Mock The Week is only funny because of Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard. Frankie Boyle is just vulgar and offensive for the sake of it (which I'm not complaining about, I laugh, but he's not exactly a comedic genius), and Russell Howard won't be so funny in a year or so when he loses that boyish charm. When Mock the Week finishes, you'll rarely hear from either of them again.

I still look forward to HIGNFY...

Mock The Week is awful.

And I'm not entirely sure what to make of King Charlie's You Have Been Watching...it's no Screenwipe, that's for sure.

Mock The Week is only funny because of Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard. Frankie Boyle is just vulgar and offensive for the sake of it (which I'm not complaining about, I laugh, but he's not exactly a comedic genius), and Russell Howard won't be so funny in a year or so when he loses that boyish charm. When Mock the Week finishes, you'll rarely hear from either of them again.

on a good day Mock the Week's one of the funniest things you've ever seen. Andy Parson's is a comic genius and Francis Boyle can be really funny when he's not trying too hard to be offensive. Russell Howard is the weak link tho (with insights like 'Guardian readers are feeble vegetarians', 'Daily Mail readers are racist bigots') and Hugh Dennis spreads his comedy talent pretty thinly (basically impersonating the Queen and other posh people with incongruous comments like "are you paying too much for your car insurance?"
the quality of the guests makes a big difference and last night they were pretty rubbish. Lucy Porter said about three things (that made the edit at least) and that tall bloke just isn't very funny (he's a similarly poor stand up - seen him twice at my local comedy place).

HIGNFY makes me cringe a little bit. Ian Hislop and Paul Merton need to go home now I think.

Qi is still a winner in my opinion due to Mr Fry. It does have its cringey moments as well though, when they have the old leg ends on like John Sessions for example, who tries to out-smart Fry...it makes me want to vomit slightly.

Mock the Week would be nothing without Fankie Boyle, and as for Andy Parsons....well, he just needs to be slapped silly.

as for Andy Parsons....well, he just needs to be slapped silly.

I could not agree more. The affected accent, tone and way in which he speaks just put me off him altogether. Plus, he looks like an extra from the Frankie Goes to Hollywood 'Relax' video. I would like to kick him in his big fat round bald novelty-facial-hair-adorned head.

my opinion's probably slightly biased by having seen them all do stand up.
Parson's was fantastic (both times). Francis Boyle was pants...

I thought Boyle's stand-up was hilarious initially but then, like a lot of comedians he started regurgiataing jokes, and it got boring.
Admittedly, I've never seen Parson do stand-up but, In my opinion he's not very funny on MTW. His comedy voice kills me, he always breaks off into monologues which last just that little bit too long. The monologue gets a laugh at the end because of the trouble he went to not because it was funny, because they usually aren't imo. :cool:

I could not agree more. The affected accent, tone and way in which he speaks just put me off him altogether. Plus, he looks like an extra from the Frankie Goes to Hollywood 'Relax' video. I would like to kick him in his big fat round bald novelty-facial-hair-adorned head.

When they do the stand-up round and he does some form of comedy-jig to the mic, that also kills me. He does look like he's been at his head with a bic razor and simultaneouly dipped his chin in baked beans. I think he's only been kept on there because he seems to be clued up on the affairs of the week, he's just not very good at the 'mock' bit.

It does have its cringey moments as well though, when they have the old leg ends on like John Sessions for example, who tries to out-smart Fry...it makes me want to vomit slightly.

I'm not sure if you're being nasty about St John Sessions here or not...but if you are, you'll have me to answer to :mad:

Back
Top Bottom