Q on UK public transport(edinburgh,london)

sistasheila

tjekket
is it true that busses are way more cheaper then travel around england than with train?
i have to travel from london to edinburgh (cause of the mozconcerts in february) and i cant find a UK bus company who goes there...and back
can anybody name the different bus companies who serve london-edinburgh ?

( i know that the central bus station in london is victoria station but for some reason their site doesnt show the possibilties how to go to edinburgh by bus..and back

i need to know
how often the busses go when and how much it costs

i dont think i will have trouble finding out info when i am in london since they are some tourist info stands,but iwill be more relieved if i already know how when etc

but the main thing is edinburgh i wanna know about
i cant find any info how to get back from edinburgh to london
so i need soem helpfrom a scottish citizen:
need to know
how often the busses go back to london when and how much it costs and from which station in edinburgh the busses go
i wanna drive back if its possible after the concert on the 2nd february in the night to the 3rd february but iam fine alsoif i can go on daytime on 3rd february (which is a sunday by the way -iam not sure if the buses run as often as weekdays) if there is a nightrain running in the night from the 2nd february to the 3 rd february i will take it but since i heard its way more expensive taking the train but if there are no matching bus connections i will choose the train.also on daytime at the 3rd february.i also wonder abou the train do you have different companies serving the railway like some who are more expensive cause of the service and others which are cheaper because they dont have service i will of course choose the cheapest train.... same with busses if there a re some kuxury or expressbusses i would of courese choose the cheapest no matter ifits slower

also for edinburgh i couldnt find the cental bus terminal of edinburgh where all the busses from london or elsewhere did start from
(like victoria station in london where all the busses go from) can anyone name the central bus terminal of edinburgh

If you look on www.gobycoach.com you can find coaches that go from London to Edinburgh. It takes quite a while though!
Also if you want to check a variety of train companies services, you can do a timetable and ticket price search at www.nationalrail.co.uk

You might also want to consider flying up to Edinburgh, its quick and can be quite cheap.

i cant fly at all i have to take train or bus due to the canceledNY flight recently and the health problems that still distract me from flying i cant fly also i wanna see seomething of england and i cant do that when i fly
I wanna see the countyside...

Last edited:
Try to ensure when you get to Edinbugh that you are aware, you are no longer in England.

LOL!

Yes, if you haven't been to Scotland, you'll be surprised that the notes and coins are different, but English notes and coins are accepted in Scotland and vice versa. ;)

i cant fly at all i have to take train or bus due to the canceledNY flight recently and the health problems that still distract me from flying i cant fly also i wanna see seomething of england and i cant do that when i fly
I wanna see the countyside...

The train journey from London to Edinburgh is nice and easy AND you do get to see the countryside :it's a pretty good trip through some nice scenery.

If you book your train tickets enough in advance you should be able to get a reasonable price.

LOL!

Yes, if you haven't been to Scotland, you'll be surprised that the notes and coins are different, but English notes and coins are accepted in Scotland and vice versa. ;)

AND we all have ginger hair,drink LOADS and talk very fast and say "c***" as a term of endearment :)

i

also for edinburgh i couldnt find the cental bus terminal of edinburgh where all the busses from london or elsewhere did start from
(like victoria station in london where all the busses go from) can anyone name the central bus terminal of edinburgh

It's st andrews bus station in St Andrews Square 5 mins walk from the Playhouse,the train station(Waverley NOT Haymarket) is about 10 mins walk

LOL!

there's new banknotes that look suspicously like Euros.

But you are wrong, it's very difficult to spend a Scottish note in England. But we accept your foreign English money, no questions asked.

Coach from Edinburgh to London :eek:

Go by train, it's much nicer. If you go by coach within a couple of hours you'll be cursing that you didn't spend the extra money.

you try spending one of these in England

one_pound.jpg

it's fun in the pub though!

love

Grim

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom