Purchasing Vinyl Internationally?

Mapleton

I live in the US and I've noticed a large portion of the collectable vinyl on eBay ships from the UK (not surprisingly).

If a seller ships to me in the US, will they package it in a way that minimizes the risk of damage in shipping?

I'm worried about a fragile vinyl record getting broken in the mail.

Thanks.

I also live in the US and have ordered a number of records from overseas without any problems. The majority of people that sell vinyl, especially collectible vinyl, understand it's monetary and personal value and take the time to package it correctly so yours should be fine!

Everyone is different. You have to specify how you want the records packaged to the seller. I've had a collector in France mail me Smiths lps in a padded envelope, then act completely surprised when I was upset about the shoddy packaging job.

The Brits typically use a thin cardboard envelope to ship records that isn't particularly robust, like American mailers, which are basically folded boxes and protect the records better. Always ask that they ship the records out of the sleeves, as I've had spine damage in the post before. Japanese tend to over package, which is great.

Ok then. I just bought my first Vinyl!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380471409412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Interesting Drug 7'' UK

I liked the cover pic and it's one of my favorite songs.

Not a particularly rare Moz 7" at this price and the shipping rate to USA at 10 pounds is expensive. But you love the song and this should be packed well so I guess no regrets for you.
I suggest in future to check past or completed auctions for current values as this one can be had for as low as 1 to 2 pounds.
Good luck with your collection.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not a particularly rare Moz 7" at this price and the shipping rate to USA at 10 pounds is expensive. But you love the song and this should be packed well so I guess no regrets for you.
I suggest in future to check past or completed auctions for current values as this one can be had for as low as 1 to 2 pounds.
Good luck with your collection.

Yeah you're right, I'll def price shop next time. I guess I just wanted to get the first one out of the way. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom