Punk CD with the Sunday Times tomorrow

Bluebirds

HA HA HA HA.

Relive your rebellious youth says the advert....

Real punk? Or what the Times considers Punk? To be frank, is it worth the shame of buying the Times?

Dunno.. they played snippets of 3 songs onthe tv ad jsut now. I wasn't really paying attention but I'd say its punk as we in Britain know it.

Real punk? Or what the Times considers Punk? To be frank, is it worth the shame of buying the Times?

From the visual of the cover I glimpsed on the advert, it looked very much like the 3 disc set called 'Punk - the Worst of Total Anarchy'. My mum bought it for me a few years back, from her book club. :D

I might dodge the shame and bribe a child to pop out and get the Express for the free Sandie Shaw disc.

I'll put on dark glasses and slope off to the shops in the morning to see if it's worth the shame...

I'll put on dark glasses and slope off to the shops in the morning to see if it's worth the shame...

Here's the tracklisting of the Punk CD, acoording to the times website:

Volume 1

Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The UK (original demo)

The Damned – New Rose

Blondie – Hanging On The Telephone (live)

The Stranglers – Peaches (live)

Wreckless Eric – Whole Wide World (acoustic version)

X-Ray Spex – Germ Free Adolescents

The Buzzcocks – Boredom (live)

Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers – Roadrunner

Theatre of Hate – Do You Believe In The Westworld?

The Adverts – Gary Gilmore’s Eyes (live)

Volume 2 features Ian Dury, Sham 69 and Stiff Little Fingers.

Not worth it then really, got most of that! Thanks for the info mummy!

Three of those songs are on my jukebox!
(Anarchy in the UK, Gary Gilmore's Eyes, Germ Free Adolesence)
But I haven't got the Theatre of Hate track so could be worth getting - though interested in the comments about the Sandie Shaw CD in the other paper too.

Jukebox Jury

Oh The Express.....
Will telephone my mum and dad and ask them to change for a day and not get The Mail...:D

Jukebox Jury

My mum gets the Sunday Express - or 'the Fascist Weekly' as we call it to wind her up - but no way am I asking her for the cds, or I'll never hear the last of it. Here's the link to today's slightly vapid interview with Sandie (rolls eyes at the photo captions) which mentions the cd. No tracklisting, though.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/6808

Nice one The Cat's Mother

It did say this at the bottom of the interview
Don’t miss inside tomorrow’s Sunday Express: a free Sandie Shaw CD – volume one of a two-CD set, with tracks including Puppet On A String, I’ll Stop At Nothing, I Don’t Owe You Anything and Long Live Love.

So we will have to get it for two weeks! Nice to see 'I dont owe you anything' on it. I have it on vinyl but not CD.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom