Pulp will reunite for shows in 2023

SuedeMoz

Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker teased the band’s return to activity last week on Instagram, and yesterday confirmed the news during a London Q&A about his new book, Good Pop Bad Pop. A source close to the artist has further confirmed to SPIN that Pulp will indeed play some shows in 2023 but that no other details were yet available.

Last edited:
I’ve been listing to Pulp quite a lot lately, in fact it was only a few hours ago whilst driving and listening to common people, that I decided that this was the song for me that best defines the 90s.
The song also got me thinking about my life in the 90s and where I am now.
It’s two worlds apart and I got a little freaked out with what I used to get up during that decade. Ibiza, casual drugs and sex.....ECT.

It’s nice to go back to that time whilst listening to common people, but by God, I’m so pleased with where I am now in my life.

Am I the only one who finds Jarvis intensely annoying? Like a desperate caricature of an uber-hipster? (I like some Pulp songs a lot - it's just...him.)
I'm kind of the opposite. I do quite like Cocker as a pop person - a witty, original, brainy fellow.
But I think his music is pretty rubbish, solo or Pulp.
No real melodic substance to most of the songs (a couple of singles aside), a thin irritating singing voice, and some pretty grating lyrics.
Pulp's success was 96% a result of Cocker's persona - the music was ultimately a bit crap.

I'm kind of the opposite. I do quite like Cocker as a pop person - a witty, original, brainy fellow.
But I think his music is pretty rubbish, solo or Pulp.
No real melodic substance to most of the songs (a couple of singles aside), a thin irritating singing voice, and some pretty grating lyrics.
Pulp's success was 96% a result of Cocker's persona - the music was ultimately a bit crap.
help the age-d?

I saw them in '96 and then in 2012 when they did some additional shows around their Coachella appearance and they were still great live. Looking forward to more details... UK/Europe/US... all of it?

I'm a huge Pulp fan but for some reason never get any of Jarvis' solo work. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds Jarvis intensely annoying? Like a desperate caricature of an uber-hipster? (I like some Pulp songs a lot - it's just...him.)
I know what you mean, but I like him as a frontman and enjoy his stage presence and performance art... it's really quite unique. I've admired their work ethic, they were at it for many years before finding success.

Top 5 Pulp songs?

1. Something Changed
2. Death II
3. Razzmatazz
4. Mis-Shapes
5. Ansaphone

Not trying to be difficult... but I can't do 5 only...

- Death Goes to the Disco
- Babies
- Razzmatazz
- Lipgloss
- Mile End
- Have You Seen Her Lately?
- I Spy
- Something Changed
- Bar Italia
- Glory Days

Honorable mention: Blue Girls, Inside Susan songs, Sheffield, Sex City, The entire His N Hers, and Different Class albums.

They may not be my favourite band but, Different Class is a true classic album, one of the all time greats. And in 1995 in a field in Somerset, Pulp stole the show at Glastonbury.

Not exactly Pulp, but this is a great song...

Other favourites of mine, in addition to ones already mentioned:

Underwear
Pencil Skirt
Happy Endings
Acrylic Afternoons

In fact, the whole of His 'N' Hers is pure brilliance, and so is most of Different Class.

Finally some details on the shows... UK & Ireland:

05-26 Bridlington, England - Bridlington Spa
05-05 Warrington, England - Neighbourhood Weekender
06-09 Dublin, Ireland - St Anne’s Park
07-01 London, England - Finsbury Park
07-07 Glasgow, Scotland - Trnsmt Festival
07-09 Scarborough, England - Open Air Theatre
07-12 Cardiff, Wales - International Arena
07-14 Sheffield, England - Utilita Arena
07-15 Sheffield, England - Utilita Arena
07-21 Suffolk, England - Latitude Festival

Hope there are some US dates to follow.

Last edited:
Finally some details on the shows... UK & Ireland:

05-26 Bridlington, England - Bridlington Spa
05-05 Warrington, England - Neighbourhood Weekender
06-09 Dublin, Ireland - St Anne’s Park
07-01 London, England - Finsbury Park
07-07 Glasgow, Scotland - Trnsmt Festival
07-09 Scarborough, England - Open Air Theatre
07-12 Cardiff, Wales - International Arena
07-14 Sheffield, England - Utilita Arena
07-15 Sheffield, England - Utilita Arena
07-21 Suffolk, England - Latitude Festival

Hope there are some US dates to follow.
Some big shows there, Sheffield for me I think, nothing like seeing a band in their home town.

you'll never be like common people you'll never do whatever common people do "

Tags
jarvis cocker pulp
Back
Top Bottom