Puebla, Mexico - BUAP Complex (Apr. 4, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack The Ripper // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by @orpaez / Periscope, link posted by Famous when dead

• Image from @lasire / Instagram:

39846_puebla2.jpg

Last edited:
I would be in heaven if he played, "BENGALI IN PLATFORMS".

Primero.

Buenos Noches.

It's at the point where the setlist will remain the same for the upcoming dates that were rescheduled. I refuse to go see anymore shows until it's changed. It's actually disrespectful at this point.

It's at the point where the setlist will remain the same for the upcoming dates that were rescheduled. I refuse to go see anymore shows until it's changed. It's actually disrespectful at this point.

Do you think M will sit in his hotel and cry, if you don't go?

tenor.gif

I'm sure he's all broken up about your refusal to attend due to the setlist. :rolleyes:

You're obviously the crashing bore he's speaking of. Educated fans know it's been the same setlist for years now, I'm not the only one that feels that.

hes walking a very thin line now,we live in a world where there is so much music and if I someone leaves your music because lets face it concerts are the only way your going to hear new material then it might be hard to get them back.new songs give a renewed enthusiasm to the tour and become great talking points when standing waiting to go in to the show.unless he gets a deal then we might never hear this stuff.

How is playing suedehead, everyday is sunday, fatty, meat is murder, what she said, ouija, and terrible cover of Judy is a punk playing new material?

I would be in heaven if he played, "BENGALI IN PLATFORMS".

Primero.

Buenos Noches.

Do you have any other fantasies? Full Smiths reunion in your lounge next Tuesday after The Chase possibly?

This is the closest you'll ever get to hearing This Charming Man done 25% correctly - better than Morrissey's limp soggy biscuit version. Viva Mike :

I think some people forget that 99% of the audience will not have seen Morrissey since he last played in Mexico. For them, it is a pretty great set list I would have thought. Some genuine Smiths classics, plenty of solo hits and enough oddities from his solo career such as Carol, Speedway, Jack the Ripper and Ganglord.

And for me personally, there are plenty of changes from the last show that I saw in Manchester last summer.

I dont hate the setlist, I'd love to hear 'There is a Light', 'Shoplifters' etc.
If he enjoys playing it, fair enough he can play what he wants.
Me personally, If I knew I had the potential to blow people away by chucking in a few lesser played tracks 'Last Night I Dreamt' , 'Last of The Famous International Playboys' 'The Headmaster Ritual' I would.

Do you have any other fantasies? Full Smiths reunion in your lounge next Tuesday after The Chase possibly?

This is the closest you'll ever get to hearing This Charming Man done 25% correctly - better than Morrissey's limp soggy biscuit version. Viva Mike :

Very good, but I reckon my lads' band's version is better :) (only 15/16 years old)

Puebla setlist
How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Kiss Me a Lot / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke to Carol / Staircase at the University / There Is a Light That Never Goes Out / World Peace Is None of Your Business / First of the Gang to Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Shoplifters of the World Unite / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack the Ripper // Judy Is a Punk

Via setlist.fm:
How Soon Is Now?
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Kiss Me a Lot
Speedway
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
When Last I Spoke to Carol (First time live since 2012).
Staircase at the University
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
World Peace Is None of Your Business
First of the Gang to Die
The Bullfighter Dies
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Ganglord
Let Me Kiss You
Meat Is Murder
Everyday Is Like Sunday
You Have Killed Me
Jack the Ripper
Judy Is a Punk

Regards,
FWD.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morri...itano-puebla-de-zaragoza-mexico-1be6a960.html

Oh, and while it lasts (still available as of 7th, April):
The whole gig via 'Orlando' / Periscope:
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqxvqoaEqgJB
(Close up, Moz appears 12:22 mins in).

Last edited:
Do you think M will sit in his hotel and cry, if you don't go?

tenor.gif
That's probably not the point. A fan has the right to stop going to see Moz concerts if it's the exact same every night. I would take the same approach. That said, I like the setlist and would be quite happy to hear it. I probably wouldn't go three nights in a row to see it though, but that's just me. I always equate concert money to "how many CDs or books could I buy for that money?" and that's why I pick my concerts carefully. In today's 'disposable' generation that probably sounds very old fashioned.

I dont hate the setlist, I'd love to hear 'There is a Light', 'Shoplifters' etc.
If he enjoys playing it, fair enough he can play what he wants.
Me personally, If I knew I had the potential to blow people away by chucking in a few lesser played tracks 'Last Night I Dreamt' , 'Last of The Famous International Playboys' 'The Headmaster Ritual' I would.
All great points and I agree 100%.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom