Puebla, Mexico - BUAP Complex (Apr. 4, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack The Ripper // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by @orpaez / Periscope, link posted by Famous when dead

• Image from @lasire / Instagram:

39846_puebla2.jpg

Last edited:
Barry Manilow opens up about sexuality
_95475490_manilow1_getty.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionManilow describes his husband as "the smartest person I've ever met in my life"
Singer Barry Manilow has spoken for the first time about being gay, revealing he kept his sexuality secret for years out of fear of disappointing his fans.

The 73-year-old, who married his long-term partner Garry Kief in 2014, said he "never did anything" to address speculation about his private life.

When news of the wedding broke, though, he found the reaction heartening.

"When they found out Garry and I were together, they were so happy," he told People magazine.

"The reaction was so beautiful - strangers commenting, 'Great for you!' I'm just so grateful for it."

Manilow and Kief, who is also his business manager, have been together for almost 40 years since their first meeting in 1978.

"I knew that this was it," the singer is quoted as saying. "I was one of the lucky ones. I was pretty lonely before that."

_95478022_manilow2_getty.jpg
Image captionThe singer, pictured here in 1982, previously had a short-lived marriage in the 1960s
Kief, he goes on, is "the smartest person I've ever met in my life - and a great guy, too."

The couple married in a secret ceremony in Palm Springs, California, in April 2014, though it only came to light the following year.

Manilow, whose hits include Mandy, Copacabana and I Write the Songs, describes that revelation as "a blessing and a curse".

The singer was previously married to his high school sweetheart Susan Deixler but admits he was "too young" to be wed at the time.

"I was out making music every night, sowing my wild oats," he is quoted as saying. "I wasn't ready to settle down."

Manilow is to make a series of live performances next month in support of his latest album, This is My Town: Songs of New York.

Come on Steven it's time to keep up. Give Baz a call !
Getting your road crew to throw fake black brassieres at you is fooling no one. :tiphat:

"I wear blue on the outside but frilly pink is how I feel on the inside" :popcorn:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Quite right as usual. New material also encourages people to listen to the older albums. Each time a new Moz album comes out the stores stock his older stuff too. Quarry made me listen to everything all over again, same for World Peace. When New Order released 'Music Complete' I loved it so much I bought a couple of their early albums that I didn't have on CD previously.
The pre-Quarry songs in concert (Irish Blood, First of the Gang) were so powerful they worked very well as an advertisement of his potential to release a strong new album. I wonder if he is not playing the new songs now because (1) he feels they wouldn't help get a record deal, (2) he is keeping some for later in the tour, (3) he is being stubborn, (4) he doesn't like giving people what they want, or (5) for his own reasons that we will never know. I doubt if it's (1) because he always thinks his new material is the best yet. It's probably a mixture of (3) to (5) and that is his right of course.

There is another possibility.
He lied when he said the new album was written. :squiffy:
Not that I care much about that but I surely would want to hear new songs. And buy that new album.
But unfortunately, we have to wait and suffer. :(

Image captionManilow describes his husband as "the smartest person I've ever met in my life"
Singer Barry Manilow has spoken for the first time about being gay, revealing he kept his sexuality secret for years out of fear of disappointing his fans.

The 73-year-old, who married his long-term partner Garry Kief in 2014, said he "never did anything" to address speculation about his private life.

"When they found out Garry and I were together, they were so happy," he told People magazine.

"The reaction was so beautiful - strangers commenting, 'Great for you!' I'm just so grateful for it."

Manilow and Kief, who is also his business manager, have been together for almost 40 years since their first meeting in 1978.

"I knew that this was it," the singer is quoted as saying. "I was one of the lucky ones. I was pretty lonely before that."

Image captionThe singer, pictured here in 1982, previously had a short-lived marriage in the 1960s
Kief, he goes on, is "the smartest person I've ever met in my life - and a great guy, too."

The couple married in a secret ceremony in Palm Springs, California, in April 2014, though it only came to light the following year.

Manilow, whose hits include Mandy, Copacabana and I Write the Songs, describes that revelation as "a blessing and a curse".

The singer was previously married to his high school sweetheart Susan Deixler but admits he was "too young" to be wed at the time.

"I was out making music every night, sowing my wild oats," he is quoted as saying. "I wasn't ready to settle down."

Manilow is to make a series of live performances next month in support of his latest album, This is My Town: Songs of New York.

Getting your road crew to throw fake black brassieres at you is fooling no one. :tiphat:

"I wear blue on the outside but frilly pink is how I feel on the inside" :popcorn:

Off optic my arse ! " This is the modern world "

Let's sum up the Mexican tour:
Same old setlist
No new material anyway
No record deal in a near future
Benny The Butcher 's part on Barry Manilow was Funny
Carol is a great song

Kisses

or why did the moderators allow it to be posted when they prescreen anonymous posts ?

Fake news is dead, that's why ! :clap:

Get back in the 4kin mushroom cupboard at once. If I ever want your opinion I'll give you prior warning :angry:

Let's sum up the Mexican tour (Part 2)
Judy is the worst cover moz ever did. I'll never go back to see him till he sings it!
Absolute crap! He can't be bothered to find a new cover for 2017: sad!

Your fooling no one Steven come out of the closet.

Diesel deserves a little respect.

Let's sum up the Mexican tour (Part 2)
Judy is the worst cover moz ever did. I'll never go back to see him till he sings it!
Absolute crap! He can't be bothered to find a new cover for 2017: sad!

Same old shit from Steven and the Lawn Mower Parts.

Little Princess needs to get a proper band before he plays anymore Smiths covers. Sounds like a bad karaoke track at the moment,

Reckon can any of you lots post a "spotted at LAX" pic or vid from tonight? Reckon I want to know when he will be home when the shit hits the fan when Aunt Nancy confronts him about the infamous black bra.

think we all knew benny was gay,the way he goes on about morrisseys sexuality.he will,come out of his cupboard eventually.

think we all knew benny was gay,the way he goes on about morrisseys sexuality.he will,come out of his cupboard eventually.

Bennifer's confusion over his own sexuality has been clear for years. The fictitious 'wife' he shoehorns into every post is actually an 28 stone bloke from Barnsley called Bernard.

He would be less pointless if he actually came out...but his whole life has been one messy lie. Poor chap.

The many anonymous negative posts on this thread are all Bennifer. He is using a variety of different addresses to swamp the board with his slurry. I had stopped commenting on him because I have this weird feeling that he gets off on people abusing him.

This is sickly off-topic. Why doesn't David Tseng react?

David more than likely loves this kind of stuff. He has beef with Morrissey but this way he gets to say nothing and just take advantage of trolls like benny to stick the boot in, even when there is no need to. Guessing thats a big reason why mods are instructed to let this stuff slide and refuse to disable anonymous posting so that people can't individually block these morons.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom