Puebla, Mexico - BUAP Complex (Apr. 4, 2017) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Apr 5, 2017.

By davidt on Apr 5, 2017 at 4:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack The Ripper // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by @orpaez / Periscope, link posted by Famous when dead

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Anonymisses
      Anonymisses
      I would be in heaven if he played, "BENGALI IN PLATFORMS".

Primero.

Buenos Noches.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I love it when this happens, he looks so comfortable holding it
      • Like Like x 5
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous

And a hug
      • Like Like x 4
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's at the point where the setlist will remain the same for the upcoming dates that were rescheduled. I refuse to go see anymore shows until it's changed. It's actually disrespectful at this point.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Do you think M will sit in his hotel and cry, if you don't go?

[​IMG]
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm sure he's all broken up about your refusal to attend due to the setlist. :rolleyes:
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You're obviously the crashing bore he's speaking of. Educated fans know it's been the same setlist for years now, I'm not the only one that feels that.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    8. Flibberty
      Flibberty
      Carol and Staircase. A cool set list!
      • Like Like x 3
    9. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      hes walking a very thin line now,we live in a world where there is so much music and if I someone leaves your music because lets face it concerts are the only way your going to hear new material then it might be hard to get them back.new songs give a renewed enthusiasm to the tour and become great talking points when standing waiting to go in to the show.unless he gets a deal then we might never hear this stuff.
      • Insightful Insightful x 4
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      How is playing suedehead, everyday is sunday, fatty, meat is murder, what she said, ouija, and terrible cover of Judy is a punk playing new material?
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Do you have any other fantasies? Full Smiths reunion in your lounge next Tuesday after The Chase possibly?

This is the closest you'll ever get to hearing This Charming Man done 25% correctly - better than Morrissey's limp soggy biscuit version. Viva Mike :

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    12. Flibberty
      Flibberty
      I think some people forget that 99% of the audience will not have seen Morrissey since he last played in Mexico. For them, it is a pretty great set list I would have thought. Some genuine Smiths classics, plenty of solo hits and enough oddities from his solo career such as Carol, Speedway, Jack the Ripper and Ganglord.

And for me personally, there are plenty of changes from the last show that I saw in Manchester last summer.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 3
    13. SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      SweetnTenderYorkshireman
      I dont hate the setlist, I'd love to hear 'There is a Light', 'Shoplifters' etc.
      If he enjoys playing it, fair enough he can play what he wants.
      Me personally, If I knew I had the potential to blow people away by chucking in a few lesser played tracks 'Last Night I Dreamt' , 'Last of The Famous International Playboys' 'The Headmaster Ritual' I would.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    14. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 6
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Very good, but I reckon my lads' band's version is better :) (only 15/16 years old)
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Puebla setlist
      How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Kiss Me a Lot / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When Last I Spoke to Carol / Staircase at the University / There Is a Light That Never Goes Out / World Peace Is None of Your Business / First of the Gang to Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Shoplifters of the World Unite / Ganglord / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Jack the Ripper // Judy Is a Punk
    17. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Via setlist.fm:
      How Soon Is Now?
      Suedehead
      Alma Matters
      Kiss Me a Lot
      Speedway
      I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
      When Last I Spoke to Carol (First time live since 2012).
      Staircase at the University
      There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
      World Peace Is None of Your Business
      First of the Gang to Die
      The Bullfighter Dies
      Ouija Board, Ouija Board
      Shoplifters of the World Unite
      Ganglord
      Let Me Kiss You
      Meat Is Murder
      Everyday Is Like Sunday
      You Have Killed Me
      Jack the Ripper
      Judy Is a Punk

Regards,
      FWD.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morri...itano-puebla-de-zaragoza-mexico-1be6a960.html

Oh, and while it lasts (still available as of 7th, April):
      The whole gig via 'Orlando' / Periscope:
      https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqxvqoaEqgJB
      (Close up, Moz appears 12:22 mins in).
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
      • Like Like x 2
    18. ACTON
      ACTON
      That's probably not the point. A fan has the right to stop going to see Moz concerts if it's the exact same every night. I would take the same approach. That said, I like the setlist and would be quite happy to hear it. I probably wouldn't go three nights in a row to see it though, but that's just me. I always equate concert money to "how many CDs or books could I buy for that money?" and that's why I pick my concerts carefully. In today's 'disposable' generation that probably sounds very old fashioned.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. ACTON
      ACTON
      All great points and I agree 100%.
      • Like Like x 1