Public Image Ltd

Raphael Lambach

After a good talk with a college frined of mine I've remembered a band that made my teenage more acceptable: Public Image Ltd

Someone likes these guys too?

Last edited:
They're having a reunion soon, in London and a few other cities. Sans Wobble and Levene though, so it's up to your taste really if it's worth it or not.

They're having a reunion soon, in London and a few other cities. Sans Wobble and Levene though, so it's up to your taste really if it's worth it or not.

I know that. I hope anything of these gigs.. they're only for money - Lydon always does it when he needs some dough

Last edited:
You know, I just discovered PIL yesterday. I was watching a film in art class, then the song "Public Image" came up. Gosh I fell in love with it. I can't stop listening to it.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylOCIP54PIQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ylOCIP54PIQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

After a good talk with a college frined of mine I've remembered a band that made my teenage more acceptable: Public Image Ltd

Someone likes these guys too?

Yes, quite good. Rumor has it, their entire back catalog if music will get the "remaster" treatment soon. Also, there's supposed to be a sweet 2 disc coming of one of their releases w/tons of bonus stuff. Lets hope that all sees the light of day.

Yes, quite good. Rumor has it, their entire back catalog if music will get the "remaster" treatment soon. Also, there's supposed to be a sweet 2 disc coming of one of their releases w/tons of bonus stuff. Lets hope that all sees the light of day.

Oh really? Where'd you hear of this? I'd be interested, as I don't own a whole lot of their material in physical form :blushing:

I'm in love with Metal Box. It's wonderful and so original and singular. This album was released in a [metal] box from 16 mm film. In the first time I've seen it I was in love...

Nah...I prefer "Careering" - probably the best track written about the senseless carnage in Northern Ireland - "Spreading tales like coffin nails..."

I bought the original Metal Box and have recently bought the CD Metal Box version. They also had great t-shirts! I used to have the PIL one and then one with 6 versions of Lydon's face!:D

Punky

'It is your character
Deep in your nature
Take one example
Sample and hold
Romance and replace
The lack in yourself
It's your nature
It's your nature
We see you climbing
Improving the effort
Wearing my suit
It is your character
There is a limit
Over your shoulder
Everyone loves you
Until they know you
Perfume aerosols
May champion the strangers
Nick
Standing around
All the right people
Crawling
Tennis on Tuesday
The ladder is long
It is your nature
You've gotta suntan
Football on Sunday
Society boy
On Social Security
It is your nature
Tennis on Tuesday
Sipping champagne
Football on Sunday
Home on the train
It is your nature
Girl from Totteridge Park
Said you were nice
So was my suit
The ladder is long'

'It is your character
Deep in your nature
Take one example
Sample and hold
Romance and replace
The lack in yourself
It's your nature
It's your nature
We see you climbing
Improving the effort
Wearing my suit
It is your character
There is a limit
Over your shoulder
Everyone loves you
Until they know you
Perfume aerosols
May champion the strangers
Nick
Standing around
All the right people
Crawling
Tennis on Tuesday
The ladder is long
It is your nature
You've gotta suntan
Football on Sunday
Society boy
On Social Security
It is your nature
Tennis on Tuesday
Sipping champagne
Football on Sunday
Home on the train
It is your nature
Girl from Totteridge Park
Said you were nice
So was my suit
The ladder is long'

Great lyrics.

Disappointed...all time favorite!!
:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm reading our band could be your life and it seems like every band that's toured with them has something bad to say about them. i also can't stand johnny rotten or the sex pistols so....

I hope to god they do some US dates. Or he does another US tour with the Pistols. i felt a bit screwed with the last tour, they played a few english dates, all across Europe, and only one American date in Vegas. These shows are going to be awesome. If I could afford it I'd be on a plane post-haste.

Tragedy. Oh well, no reason to to indulge in this gem:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovka37gSGK8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovka37gSGK8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom