Public image limited

libertine99

what do you think about the reunion?

I always liked Lydon, in fact he was my hero when I was a dumb teenager
(much like Morrissey is now that Im a dumb 20something)

Ive always seen similarities between them, a lot of common ideas, although: Lydon is the not so subtle loud and a little senile counterpart. I prefer the quiet charming Moz-style these days ;)

His backing band seems to be good, although the early lineup with keith levene and jah wobble cant be topped.

I asked boz once, he said, he liked early PIL and will maybe even attend one of the xmas-shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op2GtVp5AHU

Last edited:
Saw them in Leeds last night and Mr Lydon and the band were awesome. And everyone seemed to agree it was a great concert and a long one at over 2 hours. Johnny thought the crowd were a bit shy until near the end when they livened up. Going to see them again in Manchester on saturday. If you get the chance i would definitely recommend that you go and see them. I was a bit apprehensive about them reforming but i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

john

Simply fantastic!
I hear that he did some songs from his solo disc too (which I also like a great deal) -- I shall have to get my hands on one of the live concert discs being put out. :guitar:

Long live PIL.

Much better footage below..Maybe he'll do a Geico comemrical here in the states so they can afford to play New York and LA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Box is such a solid record. Poptones is my favourite, such a menacing bassline <3

Swan Lake is great, but there are so many other songs on Metal Box I don't care for.

My faves are The Flowers of Romance (am I the only one who likes that?) and the first album. Happy? was a fave in college but doesn't move me now.

Not PiL, but I think this is one of Lydon's best vocals - not many seem to have heard it. Enjoy. Open Up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swan Lake is great, but there are so many other songs on Metal Box I don't care for.

My faves are The Flowers of Romance (am I the only one who likes that?) and the first album. Happy? was a fave in college but doesn't move me now.

I like "Flowers of Romance" :thumb:
Been listening to "That What is Not" recently, also -- RIP John McGeoch, guitar legend :bow:

I like "Flowers of Romance" :thumb:
Been listening to "That What is Not" recently, also -- RIP John McGeoch, guitar legend :bow:

In college my friends and I discovered we quite enjoyed playing PIL's the Flowers of Romance in one corner of the room, with a tape of Kyoto monks chanting in another corner of the room, so the sounds merged. Quite often, the monks would eerily seem to synch up with whatever music happened to be on at the time.

But then, pretty much the only thing I enjoy hearing on the radio is when you find two stations playing on the same frequency.

I heard that Johnny may have taken singing lessons around the time of Happy? It seems like as a result, his singing became a lot more predictable and less interesting than it was when he was younger.

I also recall a story that 15+ years ago Johnny was supposedly asked about rumors of a Sex Pistols reunion, and that he'd responded something like, "Great! I'd love to see what Sid looks like now."

Last edited:
i'm reading wobble's autobiography at the moment and i can't decide whether i like him or not. i think i liked him more before i started reading it, but i'm hoping that i'll warm to him again by the time i get to the end of the book. i'm almost halfway through. keith levene sounds like a dick.

i'm reading wobble's autobiography at the moment and i can't decide whether i like him or not. i think i liked him more before i started reading it, but i'm hoping that i'll warm to him again by the time i get to the end of the book. i'm almost halfway through. keith levene sounds like a dick.

That's why we love PiL, because of what wonderful lovable people they all are :lbf:

I saw them live 20 years ago and they sounded dreadful. I have no idea if they were having an off evening or if that's just the way they sound live.

Back
Top Bottom