Prop 22 in California.. Will moz move?

Re: Morrissey has never stood up for gay rights

> The only remotely gay-related issue Morrissey has talked about
> is AIDS. Otherwise he doesn't seem to care. Notice that his
> favourite gay images come from the fifties and sixties, when
> homosexuality was illegal.

um, maybe because he's IN THE CLOSET!!!!

typically, people who are in the closet and do not discuss their sexuality don't become gay rights supporters. he's never spoken out AGAINST gay rights, either, has he?

morrissey has stated many times that he only likes books, films, etc. that is from before 1970. it is a really lame argument that he only chooses photos from that era. just by looking at the photos he chooses you can tell he is totally into homoeroticism. it's his subtle way of expressing his sexuality from the closet.

benny

> The only remotely gay-related issue Morrissey has talked about
> is AIDS. Otherwise he doesn't seem to care. Notice that his
> favourite gay images come from the fifties and sixties, when
> homosexuality was illegal.

IN THE CLOSET?

Why would Morrissey care what ANYONE has to say. Who cares if he's gay or straight,but don't say maybe he's in the closet. Of all artists, Morrissey doesn't need to worry of what people will think.He gets criticized for not even trying to do anything to offend people.
I personally doubt that he is gay, but I don't think he likes the restrictions society puts on straight people; like men shouldn't do this or they're not real men etc... Morrissey has always liked women (I read about this crush he had) in a biography about him.Maybe that's false, but oh well either way. My main thought is why would he need to be in the closet?

TO SELL RECORDS

> Why would Morrissey care what ANYONE has to say.

um, because the way he earns a living requires people to like him and/or approve of him. people who don't like fags (and there are lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of them) don't buy records made by @#!!!s.

it really is *that* simple.

He needs to feel MYSTERIOUS!!!

> um, because the way he earns a living requires people to like
> him and/or approve of him. people who don't like fags (and there
> are lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of them) don't buy
> records made by @#!!! s.

> it really is *that* simple.

Then who the hell is continually buying the records of out-of-the-closet cases such as Mr.George Michael and Mr. Elton John? Both these artists are two of the wealthiest people in the music biz. Moz is a mere pauper compared to these people and other 'out' contemporaries. If anything it would boost his record sales if he came out of the closet, if indeed he's in it in the first place.

BUT!!!

He is far too intelligent to be classified as 'gay', 'straight' or 'bi' like the odious Michael Stipe; he finds all these labels that human beings attach to each other restrictive and controlling. Steven is mystery, and enigma personified which makes him fascinating in today's know-it-all society. I doubt if anyone here would want to spend two minutes in the company of the totally unmysterious Ms. M Ciccone. We know all about her and avoid reading about her or listening to her music at all costs.

Pinkie Cubitt

Re: TO SELL RECORDS

but if people have that attitude then anything Morrissey sings about would stop them from buying his albums, because he's very liberal in his words.His music is obviously for the open-minded.He can be openly gay and project himself and his music to have no boundaries.I don't think a singer being gay has ever stopped them from being able to sell albums.I doubt Morrissey wants everyone's approval, or else he would have a record deal, new albums out all the time, and would be promoted like nobody's business.He adores the rebel-like attitude, so why would he want approval from shallow people (ex: kind that wouldn't buy his records if he was gay).His music would sound like the mainstream music today and not the sort that he has.

> it really is *that* simple.

Re: He needs to feel MYSTERIOUS!!!

you said it.

> Then who the hell is continually buying the records of
> out-of-the-closet cases such as Mr.George Michael and Mr. Elton
> John? Both these artists are two of the wealthiest people in the
> music biz. Moz is a mere pauper compared to these people and
> other 'out' contemporaries. If anything it would boost his
> record sales if he came out of the closet, if indeed he's in it
> in the first place.

> BUT!!!

> He is far too intelligent to be classified as 'gay', 'straight'
> or 'bi' like the odious Michael Stipe; he finds all these labels
> that human beings attach to each other restrictive and
> controlling. Steven is mystery, and enigma personified which
> makes him fascinating in today's know-it-all society. I doubt if
> anyone here would want to spend two minutes in the company of
> the totally unmysterious Ms. M Ciccone. We know all about her
> and avoid reading about her or listening to her music at all
> costs.

> Pinkie Cubitt

Re: He needs to feel MYSTERIOUS!!!

> Steven is mystery, and enigma personified which
> makes him fascinating in today's know-it-all society

To be honest though, most people nowadays *don't* find him fascinating, enigmatic or mysterious - they aren't really bothered about him.

Re: TO SELL RECORDS

I think your paranoia is rising to new levels. I grant you that there are a lot of bad people, but give the good people a chance. Morrissey could chose to give himself almost any label he wants and the world isn't going to go around hating him and not buying his records.

You are probably one of the people who thinks everyone who voted for Prop 22 walks around with swastikas on their arm. I don't live in California, but some of my TV stations come from L.A. by satalite and I found the anti Prop 22 commercials showing all the supporters as evil bigots to be offensive. I've heard it said that one reason it may have passed was probably because that strategy backfired.

Some people, even those who love people who choose to call themselves gay, and even some of the people who do call themselves gay, think that marriage is about one man and one woman getting together and starting a family, the most important unit in any society.

> Any state that recognizes the "union" of two gays is
> totally out of line. Homosexuality is against nature and
> morality. Before all of the people start jumping up and down
> screaming, I am not a homophobe--it is just not natural. GOD
> MADE ADAM AND ECE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE!

Your last sentence is a tedious cliche. As for natural. homosexuality is more natural than cheese and onion crisps and cotton socks but I bet you don't worry about *them.* As New Scientist recently reported, homosexuality and bisexuality are rife in the animal kingdom and all through the natural world - it's completely natural.
And Adam and Eve is a myth, lamebrain.

> I'm not a homophobe myself my good friend is a drag Q & my
> aunts a butch. I love them but I agree with you william. We must
> keep some morals in this country

You're not a homophobe but you think homosexuality is immoral? Thick prat.

Back
Top Bottom