Prop 22 in California.. Will moz move?

maybe you could elaborate since some of us live on the other end of the continent

would you care to discuss the heated senate race in ny?

Re: maybe you could elaborate since some of us live on the other end of the continent

> would you care to discuss the heated senate race in ny?
sure thing..

From USA Today:

The debate over whether to allow gay marriage is picking up nationwide. On Tuesday, several Vermont towns held non-binding elections to see how voters feel about same-sex marriage. California approved Proposition 22, a ban on same-sex marriage. Eleven other states had ballot measures or bills to outlaw gay marriage.

What do you think of same-sex marriage? Should it be legal or illegal? Should gay couples receive the same benefits as married couples?

oh, for NY, Clinton all the way..

hnia

'marriages', no; equal rights, yes

i don't necessarily think calling it a 'marriage' will solve anything. i'm all for calling it 'domestic partner' or whatever, having it certified and notarized and officialized just like a marriage certificate, and entitling those who enter it to all the same benefits (taxes, insurance, financing, etc) as a married straight couple.

i do not believe in forcing churches to officiate them. there are plenty of churches who have open door policies for gays, these unions could be performed there. by calling it a marriage you're opening a whole can of religious worms.

also, i seriously doubt morrissey would move, unless he had been planning on a big church wedding soon.

thanks for the info.

Re: 'marriages', no; equal rights, yes

> i don't necessarily think calling it a 'marriage' will solve
> anything. i'm all for calling it 'domestic partner' or whatever,
> having it certified and notarized and officialized just like a
> marriage certificate, and entitling those who enter it to all
> the same benefits (taxes, insurance, financing, etc) as a
> married straight couple.

> i do not believe in forcing churches to officiate them. there
> are plenty of churches who have open door policies for gays,
> these unions could be performed there. by calling it a marriage
> you're opening a whole can of religious worms.

there are a lot of gay couples that don't want to settle though, they believe that they are christians and deserve the term marriage. However, i think that if they want to create new law and new ways of thinking, it is best to choice an appropriate term.

> also, i seriously doubt morrissey would move, unless he had been
> planning on a big church wedding soon.

> thanks for the info.
Your welcome, politics are really interesting this year..

I agree with your sentiments.. Moz finally weds! That would be quite a story..

hnia

Re: 'marriages', no; equal rights, yes

> there are a lot of gay couples that don't want to settle though,
> they believe that they are christians and deserve the term
> marriage. However, i think that if they want to create new law
> and new ways of thinking, it is best to choice an appropriate
> term.
> Your welcome, politics are really interesting this year..

> I agree with your sentiments.. Moz finally weds! That would be
> quite a story..

THINK CLEARY, MOZ WOULD WED.....PERHAPS ON HIS DEATH BED AT THE AGE OF A HUNDRED & SIX.....AND THIS IS QUITE A STRETCH!

I DO AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY THAT GAY MARRIAGES SHOULD BE RECOGNIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Re: maybe you could elaborate since some of us live on the other end of the continent

I always thought you were a moron hnia. This confirms my disgust for your liberal pansy ass.

> oh, for NY, Clinton all the way..

> hnia

Any state that recognizes the "union" of two gays is totally out of line. Homosexuality is against nature and morality. Before all of the people start jumping up and down screaming, I am not a homophobe--it is just not natural. GOD MADE ADAM AND ECE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE!

> Any state that recognizes the "union" of two gays is
> totally out of line. Homosexuality is against nature and
> morality. Before all of the people start jumping up and down
> screaming, I am not a homophobe--it is just not natural. GOD
> MADE ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE! Sorry for the typo!!

I'm not a homophobe myself my good friend is a drag Q & my aunts a butch. I love them but I agree with you william. We must keep some morals in this country. Everyone wants this and that.If this whining doesn't end it will just eventually make everyone bitter.
I've got to go flip my B. striesand L P.

> MADE ADAM AND ECE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE!

Whoops wrong email address It's [email protected] If you want to bash me. Just didn't want someone else getting hit.
I'm not a homophobe myself my good friend is a drag Q & my aunts a butch. I love them but I agree with you william. We must keep some morals in this country. Everyone wants this and that.If this whining doesn't end it will just eventually make everyone bitter.
I've got to go flip my B. striesand L P.

s wrong email address

"Natural"

I'm sorry, William, but I must concur with your statement. Just because something is natural for one group of people doesn't mean it's natural for the rest of us. Being with a man is like sticking my head up a pig's arse. (and yes, for all of you who love stereotyping...I'm a huge lesbian and a huge Moz fan! What a revelation! My musical taste goes beyond the Indigo Girls, as it does for many people of the gay community!)

What a totally retarted and tired statement. Hello!!! Morrissey likes boys. When are all you stupid monkeys going to get over the whole gay thing and realize this. Not to mention that half of his songs are obviously about other men, and I went to many of the last shows, and he made it quite obvious by things he said or did that he is into MEN. Why did he drool everytime some hot boy with a shaved head and tattoos tried to get up on stage? Because he admired their sense of fashion?

What is so unnatural about LOVE? And whose "morality" are we discussing here? And what happened to the Ten Commandments "thou shall not judge"? And finally, what happenned to the whole God made everyone equal thing? Apparently God didn't make everyone equal; some people appear to be a little thicker than others.
By the way I'm not a heterophobe.

A joke? No?

Can't be real. Right? And who's "Ece"? I haven't met him yet...

Glad that God

nudged you about the typo...you looked a little stupid.

Morrissey has never stood up for gay rights

The only remotely gay-related issue Morrissey has talked about is AIDS. Otherwise he doesn't seem to care. Notice that his favourite gay images come from the fifties and sixties, when homosexuality was illegal.

P16036M8A97.jpg

Go (away) Pat Go (far, far away)

Although I'm a conservative(politically) and I detest Clinton --- I wouldn't dis 'hnia' . I have read many of hnia's posts and find an intelligent, sincere, and very interesting person... much more than I can say for you "G.P.G."

> I always thought you were a moron hnia. This confirms my disgust
> for your liberal pansy ass.

Gee, that's pretty harsh. Sorry, that my political choices don't match yours. Perhaps you're not as familiar with the issues as I am..? Although I'm not Stephen Hawkin, I do tend to think of myself as an intellectual, instead of a moron.
Being a liberal is something that's I am quite proud of. But thanks for being so honest..

Now its my turn.

Go Pat Go, the fact that you would call someone a moron for expressing their political view, shows me that you are indeed threatened by the changing world around you. There are several key issues that the Democratic party defend that appeal to me. I suggest you take up reading as a hobby. Invest in a subscription to your local newspaper and devour as many novels that you can ingest. You'll be happy to know that i'm not residing in New York state, so my opinion on who should be your next senator is mute.

Since you used the term pansy (which is so appropriate since it is my birth flower) I've have to say that you have some anger management problems to address too. I recommend increasing the amount of exercise in your life too. This can be very effective in reducing stress and relieving it as well:)

I know it is hard for you to believe this, but there are some Morriseey fans out there that are able to speak to each other, discuss topics and get along with resorting to mud slinging matches.

hnia

read the guidlines @ the top of the page!

> I always thought you were a moron XXXX. This confirms my disgust
> for your liberal pansy ass.

you don't have to insult people to make your view heard! try being respectful--- maybe then you'll be taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom