PROMO CD's

doctor

Discuss here all your stuff about Morrissey and Smiths promo CD's only...
1.First i have a question,how much can i expect to pay for Satan rejected my soul US 1-track promo?
2.Wich mozz promo cd's are most sought after,most rare or whatever...?

As far as I know the Dutch "That's Entertainment/Suedehead" promo CD (which was released to promote the "Suedehead" compilation) is one of the most sought after items. It usually sells for around 100 GBP on UK ebay.

And - yes I know - some of you (us) got it for much less......:p

I would venture to say that the rarest CD promo is the "no one can hold a candle to you" UK CD-R.

How Soon Is Now? Live (Earls'Court promo)

This I managed to get from EIL who are usually notoriously expensive. They had about 4 at the time and I know where at least two of them ended up. I haven't seen this around much and am quite fond of it given the unique sleeve and album info on the reverse. Can't remember what I paid but it was much less than I have paid for pre-release promo cds' on Ebay. About £15 or so, Grim can confirm if he's not too busy enjoying Man Utds' failure today!

Re: How Soon Is Now? Live (Earls'Court promo)

This I managed to get from EIL who are usually notoriously expensive. They had about 4 at the time and I know where at least two of them ended up. I haven't seen this around much and am quite fond of it given the unique sleeve and album info on the reverse. Can't remember what I paid but it was much less than I have paid for pre-release promo cds' on Ebay. About £15 or so, Grim can confirm if he's not too busy enjoying Man Utds' failure today!

would I savour the flavour of the FA Cup today? Course I would. ;)
I've got the details of that cd & you are right £15

Thank you for your order with eil.com on 10-December-2005
We are pleased to inform you that your order will be despatched 13-December-2005

The items that will be despatched in this order are as follows:
1 MORRISSEY How Soon Is Now? (2005 US only 1-track promotional
only CD, track taken from the 'Live At Earls Court' album and
recorded Christmas 2004, custom stage set picture sleeve with back
insert featuring the album artwork ATMDJ-85714-2)
Price Charged: £14.99

Total Goods: £14.99
Postage: £1.45
Total Charged: £16.44

I'd go with Roberts suggeastion though that the 'No One Can Hold A Candle' is one of the rarest Moz promos out there.

love

Grim

Could anyone of you give me more info on the "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" promo? I have heard a lot about it, but never seen it.
What does it look like? Has anyone got a picture?
And what does "CD-R" mean (as opposed to CD)?

Thanks in advance.

Could anyone of you give me more info on the "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" promo? I have heard a lot about it, but never seen it.
What does it look like? Has anyone got a picture?
And what does "CD-R" mean (as opposed to CD)?

Thanks in advance.

Here are a few pics. I've only ever seen this twice: once on eBay and once on eil.com. Can't remember what I paid....but it was probably too much! By CD-R I mean it's not a pressed, silver CD. It's a CD-recordable done on a PC most likely.

Thanks a lot for your answers, Sleepy lifeguard and robert. Wow, there seem to be so many things I'm still unaware of.

-crsp-

hello everyone, i think we have all forgotten to mention the 3" interlude reference promo disc, aswell as the morrissey "singles" reference promo disc from 1994 (not the promo for any of the singles box sets) i believe those are some nice items not many people know of ,and by far alot more rare than the entertainment promo thats for sure

does anyone know if there are any cd promo's for "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"? I've got cd-r promo's btw, so I don't mean them.

cheers

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom