Promo ad for WPINOYB narrated by David Morrissey created by Able Media for Virgin EMI

An anonymous person writes:

Promo ad narrated by David Morrissey created by Able Media for Virgin EMI
- Vimeo.

Probably the ad he was referring to in this statement (PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME - true-to-you.net, Aug. 20)?

Description:

from AbleMedia PRO

'World Peace Is None of Your Business' is the tenth solo studio album from Morrissey. Released in July 2014, the album debuted at #2 on the UK Album Chart, as well as receiving high acclaim from publications such as NME, Mojo and The Guardian.

All TV, Radio, and Online content for the campaign was produced by ABLE.
virginemirecords.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A promo from morrissey narrated by morrissey who made the voice for morrissey autobiography asked by morrissey who likes morrissey, an actor from tv and movies, morrissey also likes tv and movies

He didn't seem laid back when was insisting she's Ms. Dwyer and not Mrs. Morrissey. He seemed uncomfortable.[/QUOTE

"Insisting"? Her surname is Dwyer. He was correcting a mistake, not demanding some kind of flight of fancy be perpetuated.

I can't believe you went through his trash. Yuck! No wonder he took his hair with him from the salon. I went through my own trash once because I knew a trespasser used it. I wore gloves and got his social security number out and gave it to a neighbor who needed to report him to the police for hit & run (which he did by backing out of a parking space he was not permitted to use!)

Can I say something that's going to make me sound like an asshole?

I don't care who he's signed to, who owns that company, what they're a conglomerate of, who has been absorbed by who and when, why this company did this or that label did that...I could give a SHIT about the business part. I just want to hear him sing. Now I realize that "labels" can prevent albums from being released and money from being made and promotion from being done, but at the end of the day if I have a copy of the music he's recorded, all the business doesn't matter. If I can buy a ticket to a concert when he's in town, all the business doesn't matter. It's like you saying you don't give a shit about symbolism, nor should you, that's the business of symbologists. Why we have to delve into label and business details seems as invasive as digging through his trash looking for unshredded tax returns which I only did once and I didn't feel good about it afterwards. My point is, the music is what matters. /endrant

I can't believe you went through his trash. Yuck! No wonder he took his hair with him from the salon. I went through my own trash once because I knew a trespasser used it. I wore gloves and got his social security number out and gave it to a neighbor who needed to report him to the police for hit & run (which he did by backing out of a parking space he was not permitted to use!)

Humor. It was humor.

No, he seemed like a guest on a short TV segment who needed to correct the host's misinformation.

He didn't seem laid back when was insisting she's Ms. Dwyer and not Mrs. Morrissey. He seemed uncomfortable.

Checked it out from the library. Really good!

Re: Audiobook

That's a cool library you have! I must pop down and see what my local library stocks on Morrissey and The Smiths. I bet they don't even have Autobiography and the audiobook would surprise me too.

I have the audiobook from when it was a free download if you signed up for Amazon Audible but I didn't note the ongoing monthly charges and it took me a while to realise who was taking money from my account which was very annoying. In the end I canecelled the account and used up my credit to get a few books by Tim Winton and Nick Cave - haven't listened to them yet.

I'm glad I ended up with Autobiography which I think is great and is very well read by David Morrissey. Pleased to hear you liked it too. I'm not much of a reader so my two copies, paperback and hardback, stare down at me pristinely from the shelf opposite my bed. I'm still only up to The Queen Is Dead part in the audiobook, working my way through it slowly adding my own chapter marks. Also, I think I really should be reading the book so it's a battle of wills. Which will I finish first?

CR

Last edited:
David Morrissey promoting Steven Morrissey's album.

That's satire right there.

You know it was so not needed though. I think plenty of people like to hear Morrissey's own speaking voice.Not someone with the same last name. It's kind of cheesy. Also , while mentioning this , he has done some decent interviews in the past it might be nice to hear from him directly .

You should read the book a little every night before going to sleep. It's such a good book and well worth the effort. Listen to the Audiobook in the car. The computer is too distracting. I listened to the Audiobook after reading the book, which was nice.
Don't let your credit card get charged! Check the web pages of your county and city libraries. Whatever they have in the catalog can be sent to your nearest branch (presumably.)

:)

Re: Audiobook

That's a cool library you have! I must pop down and see what my local library stocks on Morrissey and The Smiths. I bet they don't even have Autobiography and the audiobook would surprise me too.

I have the audiobook from when it was a free download if you signed up for Amazon Audible but I didn't note the ongoing monthly charges and it took me a while to realise who was taking money from my account which was very annoying. In the end I canecelled the account and used up my credit to get a few books by Tim Winton and Nick Cave - haven't listened to them yet.

I'm glad I ended up with Autobiography which I think is great and is very well read by David Morrissey. Pleased to hear you liked it too. I'm not much of a reader so my two copies, paperback and hardback, stare down at me pristinely from the shelf opposite my bed. I'm still only up to The Queen Is Dead part in the audiobook, working my way through it slowly adding my own chapter marks. Also, I think I really should be reading the book so it's a battle of wills. Which will I finish first?

CR

You know it was so not needed though. I think plenty of people like to hear Morrissey's own speaking voice.Not someone with the same last name. It's kind of cheesy. Also , while mentioning this , he has done some decent interviews in the past it might be nice to hear from him directly .

Also would it really matter if the album was released again? The lyrics were not that great and regardless why would you expect it to do better a second time around? After all of his years of experience making music you would think he would have learned something . If anything I think the way this situation occurred shows how superficial he really is .Ready to go when offered an opportunity to fly to France but everyone must do the work for him.Once again, this is a trial of patience for fans having to hear about it in the first place .Additionally, his actions with the U.S. tour have been off putting as well. Skipping over entire groups of people who you have greatly disappointed time and again only to ignore it and then book a tour elsewhere. It's hard to respect this person anymore.It's very hard.There are other people who are getting their music out and not whining about it . He treads on his fans constantly . He obviously does not care or he would have shown it by now . I don't know how else to put it nicely .

Also would it really matter if the album was released again? The lyrics were not that great and regardless why would you expect it to do better a second time around? After all of his years of experience making music you would think he would have learned something . If anything I think the way this situation occurred shows how superficial he really is .Ready to go when offered an opportunity to fly to France but everyone must do the work for him.Once again, this is a trial of patience for fans having to hear about it in the first place .Additionally, his actions with the U.S. tour have been off putting as well. Skipping over entire groups of people who you have greatly disappointed time and again only to ignore it and then book a tour elsewhere. It's hard to respect this person anymore.It's very hard.There are other people who are getting their music out and not whining about it . He treads on his fans constantly . He obviously does not care or he would have shown it by now . I don't know how else to put it nicely .

It could be time for you go then?

i disagree. i think it would matter that the album be released again as it could go back to online streaming sites and is kinda needed somewhat to help promote shows and tours. plus itll still sell over time as people ten years from now will still be reading morrisseys retrospectives and going out to buy his entire catalog

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom