Promo ad for WPINOYB narrated by David Morrissey created by Able Media for Virgin EMI

An anonymous person writes:

Promo ad narrated by David Morrissey created by Able Media for Virgin EMI
- Vimeo.

Probably the ad he was referring to in this statement (PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME - true-to-you.net, Aug. 20)?

Description:

from AbleMedia PRO

'World Peace Is None of Your Business' is the tenth solo studio album from Morrissey. Released in July 2014, the album debuted at #2 on the UK Album Chart, as well as receiving high acclaim from publications such as NME, Mojo and The Guardian.

All TV, Radio, and Online content for the campaign was produced by ABLE.
virginemirecords.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Harvest was in charge, that's why.

Well, yeah. I just wonder what Harvest's reasoning was. They paid for the thing to be made, and then decided not to run it? I know these are questions without answers, I just still think it's all so weird.

This advertisement is ok. I don't love the voice over..something is just a bit off about it to me. I did, however, enjoy his reading of Autobiography.

I can't be the only one getting sick of this damn picture, can I??:squiffy: I did like it, but why is this it?

Still it's cool that there was a TV commercial. Very cool. I wish it had aired.;)

Can I say something that's going to make me sound like an asshole?

I don't care who he's signed to, who owns that company, what they're a conglomerate of, who has been absorbed by who and when, why this company did this or that label did that...I could give a SHIT about the business part. I just want to hear him sing. Now I realize that "labels" can prevent albums from being released and money from being made and promotion from being done, but at the end of the day if I have a copy of the music he's recorded, all the business doesn't matter. If I can buy a ticket to a concert when he's in town, all the business doesn't matter. It's like you saying you don't give a shit about symbolism, nor should you, that's the business of symbologists. Why we have to delve into label and business details seems as invasive as digging through his trash looking for unshredded tax returns which I only did once and I didn't feel good about it afterwards. My point is, the music is what matters. /endrant

I think he should sign to Mute like New order just have

I wrote that some time ago before the Harvest deal,that Mute would be a nice gesture and
got load of criticism that Mute label would never do that bcuase Morrissey doesn't belong/suit
on that label, which I disagree...we can only hope

Well, yeah. I just wonder what Harvest's reasoning was. They paid for the thing to be made, and then decided not to run it? I know these are questions without answers, I just still think it's all so weird.

I can only guess they had a plan mapped out and Morrissey wasn't cool with it and they had no Plan B. People have already commented on the whole twitter/letters to Morrissey thing. I live in Germany and I saw posters for the album in train stations here, which is something I've never seen before, so they were spending money. The TV appearances thing baffles me. It must be so easy to get Morrissey booked on a TV show. Knowing that he is economical with the truth can I presume that if he was offered TV shows, they weren't his kind of TV shows. Maybe Chatty Man doesn't appeal to him.

It looks like it was very cheap to make. A couple of hundred quid to David Morrissey for a ten minute voiceover session. Actually paying for it to run on TV is where the cost comes in.

yes thats what actually cost money, running the ad somewhere which is probably what morrissey had the issue with. personally i like talking the business side as i find it enlightening and i dont think it takes anything away from the music so why cant i have both. i dont think it invasive to speculate

internet spots is where it should be "aired" as network t.v id dead. a lot of these labels do not get that or do not have the savvy to know where to place them for ultimate effectiveness. theyre having to play catch up to most of the indies as they seem to have no clue

I can only guess they had a plan mapped out and Morrissey wasn't cool with it and they had no Plan B. People have already commented on the whole twitter/letters to Morrissey thing. I live in Germany and I saw posters for the album in train stations here, which is something I've never seen before, so they were spending money. The TV appearances thing baffles me. It must be so easy to get Morrissey booked on a TV show. Knowing that he is economical with the truth can I presume that if he was offered TV shows, they weren't his kind of TV shows. Maybe Chatty Man doesn't appeal to him.

I thought he was suited to Sanctuary, shame he left really.

Mute have a great roster and If its good enough for Nick Cave, Depeche and New Order then its good enough for mega pop star Mozzerry.

Mute have good relations with Sony, Dan Miller is highly respected and they have a reputation for dealing with spirited artists like Moz

why did he leave sanctuary or did they leave him? im guessing he did fulfill the contract. i dont remember any giant falling out

why did he leave sanctuary or did they leave him? im guessing he did fulfill the contract. i dont remember any giant falling out

*edit*
For some reason, hyper link did not show the details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_Records_Group

In April 2007 Billboard reported that Sanctuary Records would cease to exist as a new release label in the US that summer, though catalog, licensing, and new media operations would continue. On 22 October 2007, the record company was absorbed by Universal Music Group. By December 2007, it appeared that the Sanctuary name had begun to be airbrushed away, with both Morrissey and Robert Plant being transferred to the Universal-owned Decca Music Group for future releases.

On 21 September 2012, regulators approved Universal Music Group's planned acquisition of EMI from Citibank for £1.2 billion.[8] However, due to conditions imposed by the European Commission, UMG was required to sell Sanctuary.[9] BMG Rights Management acquired Sanctuary for over €46 million.[10] The previous incarnation of BMG had previously distributed Sanctuary in the USA and Russia.

Last edited:

I don't think harvest has a reasoning so to speak. Any record company who thinks they can grab a hold of a market for a music record with spoken word only videos needs professional help.

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Sanctuary Records Group/ in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.
Log in or create an account to start the Sanctuary Records Group/ article, alternatively use the Article Wizard, or add a request for it.
Search for "Sanctuary Records Group/" in existing articles.
Look for pages within Wikipedia that link to this title.
Other reasons this message may be displayed:

If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait a few minutes and try the purge function.
Titles on Wikipedia are case sensitive except for the first character; please check alternative capitalizations and consider adding a redirect here to the correct title.
If the page has been deleted, check the deletion log, and see Why was the page I created deleted?.

this is the message i got when i clicked the link. i dont know if thats supposed to infer something but i dont get it.

If he could go on The One Show for his mum, looking all bloated with flat hair he can go on the Chatty Man.

Did anybody else buy, listen to, like, dislike the Audiobook version of Autobiography read by David Morrissey?

CR

Back
Top Bottom