Prominent US ‘gay conversion therapist’ comes out as gay

C

Captain Obvious

Prominent US ‘gay conversion therapist’ David Matheson divorces wife and comes out as gay
David Matheson was a leading member of an "ex-gay movement" that has been widely discredited by medical professionals.
Saturday 26 January 2019 04:39, UK

skynews-dave-matheson-utah_4555997.jpg

Image:Dave Matheson said he had a 'non-negotiable need' to be in a relationship with a man
Why you can trust Sky News
One of the most prominent "gay conversion therapists" in the US has divorced his wife and wants to start dating men.

David Matheson, from Utah, was the creator of widely maligned and discredited courses that claimed to be capable of changing the sexuality of those who studied them.

Now he has acknowledged that his work was hurtful to people, and blamed his previous views on the "shame-based, homophobic-based system" of the Mormon church in which he was raised.

In a Facebook post published after LGBTQ charity Truth Wins Out revealed that he had quit the practice, Mr Matheson said had realised he "had to make substantial changes in my life".

He wrote: "I enjoyed a happy and fulfilling marriage with my wife for many years. Overall, it was a beautiful relationship and being straight became a core part of my identity.

"But I also experienced attractions to men. Much of the time these were in the background. But sometimes they were very intense and led to pain and struggle in my marriage."

Mr Matheson said his desire to be in "an intimate relationship with a man" had become a "non-negotiable need" towards the end of his marriage, but admitted that he still found "too much homophobia in myself".

More from Utah

f*** you, Mike Pense, you f***ing piece of shit. Also, f*** the Mormon Church and Utah.

Prominent US ‘gay conversion therapist’ David Matheson divorces wife and comes out as gay
David Matheson was a leading member of an "ex-gay movement" that has been widely discredited by medical professionals.

Image:Dave Matheson said he had a 'non-negotiable need' to be in a relationship with a man
One of the most prominent "gay conversion therapists" in the US has divorced his wife and wants to start dating men.

David Matheson, from Utah, was the creator of widely maligned and discredited courses that claimed to be capable of changing the sexuality of those who studied them.

Now he has acknowledged that his work was hurtful to people, and blamed his previous views on the "shame-based, homophobic-based system" of the Mormon church in which he was raised.

In a Facebook post published after LGBTQ charity Truth Wins Out revealed that he had quit the practice, Mr Matheson said had realised he "had to make substantial changes in my life".

He wrote: "I enjoyed a happy and fulfilling marriage with my wife for many years. Overall, it was a beautiful relationship and being straight became a core part of my identity.

"But I also experienced attractions to men. Much of the time these were in the background. But sometimes they were very intense and led to pain and struggle in my marriage."

Mr Matheson said his desire to be in "an intimate relationship with a man" had become a "non-negotiable need" towards the end of his marriage, but admitted that he still found "too much homophobia in myself".

More from Utah

f*** you, Mike Pense, you f***ing piece of shit. Also, f*** the Mormon Church and Utah.

Nobody has heard of this dude.:rolleyes:

he has a desire to be in 'intimate relationship with a man' that was a 'non negotiable need'(WTF?:crazy:)
towards the end of his marriage, but admitted that he STILL FOUND "TOO MUCH HOMOPHOBIA IN MYSELF?" WTF!!!!!!
:crazy:

maybe he should try sock puppetry.:straightface:

Nobody has heard of this dude.:rolleyes:

he has a desire to be in 'intimate relationship with a man' that was a 'non negotiable need'(WTF?:crazy:)
towards the end of his marriage, but admitted that he STILL FOUND "TOO MUCH HOMOPHOBIA IN MYSELF?" WTF!!!!!!
:crazy:

maybe he should try sock puppetry.:straightface:

He tried to be straight, he tried to be huma
Born in Utah, moved to Petaluma
He lied to his wife, it couldn't last forever
Gay conversion therapy isn't really that clever

He tried to be straight, he tried to be huma
Born in Utah, moved to Petaluma
He lied to his wife, it couldn't last forever
Gay conversion therapy isn't really that clever

But now he can lick that pole
live on the dole
meet a guy named Cole
offer his hole

one for the: omg, im like totally shocked "file" :rolleyes:

ps: but not really, anybody that spends lotta time tryin to convince other ppl that they're not gay?
is prolly gay, duh :lbf:

More from Utah

It's Pence, not Pense.

Learn how to spell the last name of the vice president of the country before insulting him, idiot.

Last edited:
It's Pence, not Pense.

Learn how to spell the last name of the the vice president of the country before insulting him, idiot.

Listen, you're the last bitch, and I use that term deliberately in your case, that should call anyone an idiot. f*** the letter C and f*** U, too.

It's Pence, not Pense.

Learn how to spell the last name of the the vice president of the country before insulting him, idiot.
You beat me to it :lbf:

Listen, you're the last bitch, and I use that term deliberately in your case, that should call anyone an idiot. f*** the letter C and f*** U, too.

So you’re not denying you’re an idiot, just taking issue with who pointed it out, correct?

one for the: omg, im like totally shocked "file" :rolleyes:

ps: but not really, anybody that spends lotta time tryin to convince other ppl that they're not gay?
is prolly gay, duh :lbf:

o_O

wearing a :guardsman: with a 'smattering' of yellow like :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: must make a person straight.:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom