Prominent US ‘gay conversion therapist’ comes out as gay

Oh for a simpler time when news didn't travel so fast. When you had to find things out for yourself. When your idols were inaccessible. When things were unknown. When there were secrets. When we all kept ourselves to ourselves.

I know, I can't stay away. I think if we all made a concerted effort to let all this go, we could do it. Its not very fulfilling is it?
It can be fun as long as you know where the off switch is.

It can be fun as long as you know where the off switch is.
I know. Its so easy to make loads of enemies though. You used to have people you didn't get on with, in the old days but actual full blown enemies were few and far between. God knows how the youngsters cope.

I know. Its so easy to make loads of enemies though. You used to have people you didn't get on with, in the old days but actual full blown enemies were few and far between. God knows how the youngsters cope.
The trick is to remember that it isnt really real. We are all posting a version of ourselves online, some have fun with it and troll away, others take it a little bit more seriously.

The other trick is if you really do feel down or get into a negative space over something online, log out for awhile. Walk away. We are all responsible for logging on and logging off. The policing around what is said on the Internet is nuts, you get the cops calling you because you simply 'liked' a limerick on the Internet, FFS.

(Apologies if I went off on a tangent.)

The trick is to remember that it isnt really real. We are all posting a version of ourselves online, some have fun with it and troll away, others take it a little bit more seriously.

The other trick is if you really do feel down or get into a negative space over something online, log out for awhile. Walk away. We are all responsible for logging on and logging off. The policing around what is said on the Internet is nuts, you get the cops calling you because you simply 'liked' a limerick on the Internet, FFS.

Yes. I've realised I'm quite a serious person. I take things to heart. I can get carried away by other people, but I don't have a lot of humour in myself. I'm terribly sincere although I try not to be. Interesting what you say about the policing on the Internet though.

You're also living a version of yourself. (pause to let that sink in)
The division between online and IRL is interesting. I'm not going to say it doesn't exist. But it is sometimes a good idea to remember that although your experience with other people online seems unreal there are actual people reading what you write. It's all about context though. This site isn't the worst but it's not a good place if your feelings are easily hurt or if you think that people should treat you like everyone is your grandma or something.
But I do think it's very boring to constantly be offended that someone was offended by something. If you get yourself all worked up by every snowflaking SJW that comes along then you might be a snowflake yourself.

95f60e16b8327e95ecc324da6c5b515c.jpg
Moz after failing his audition as bassist with The Cure.

I know, I can't stay away. I think if we all made a concerted effort to let all this go, we could do it. Its not very fulfilling is it?

Just remember your 12 steps from AA. You’ll get through this.

You're also living a version of yourself. (pause to let that sink in)
The division between online and IRL is interesting. I'm not going to say it doesn't exist. But it is sometimes a good idea to remember that although your experience with other people online seems unreal there are actual people reading what you write. It's all about context though. This site isn't the worst but it's not a good place if your feelings are easily hurt or if you think that people should treat you like everyone is your grandma or something.
But I do think it's very boring to constantly be offended that someone was offended by something. If you get yourself all worked up by every snowflaking SJW that comes along then you might be a snowflake yourself.
This is like the cartoon version of myself and one I don't take particularly seriously whilst I understand that others here may try and present a more accurate portrayal of what they're really like in 'real life.'

I really couldn't give two hoots what people who reads my posts might think. My avatar is f***en Boswer for chrissakes, how serious can I be?

What does she mean?
Sausage sandwich with tinned tomatoes?
renderTimingPixel.png

My wife just came back from Cooplands with a couple of sausage sandwiches (as in, bread rolls with sausages in.) We usually have ketchup on our sausage sandwiches, but she'd never got them from Cooplands before, and when I took a bite something didn't seem right. I opened it up, and there were warm tinned tomatoes spread all over the sausages. Needless to say, it went straight in the bin. Is this a thing? It just doesn't make any sense. In York, for reference.

Edit: apparently the woman asked my wife "tomato?", which my wife naturally assumed meant tomato ketchup.

Back
Top Bottom