problems with wearing moz t shirts????!!!

First off, it looks like we share a name. Second, I HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE!

First day of school, Contemporary World Affairs. My teacher says, "go around the room and say your full name and something that you like to do." When it got to me, I said my name and "I enjoy spending all of my time listening to Morrissey." He says, "Morrissey? You mean...the Smiths?!" "YES!" By the end of the class hour, my iPod was hooked to his computer, and he was singing along and dancing to "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before." We exchanged CDs and tapes, and discussed Moz a lot throughout the semester. He was really excited when I got to go and see him in Chicago, and we also spent a lot of time talking about that. As well as Pink Floyd and Rush, but that's a different story, haha.

haha, our little similarities :D the only chance i ever get to talk to my teacher about morrissey is in front of the whole class, im unfortunately too terribly shy for that ! :(

I only have one Morrissey T-shirt, one from the Ringleader tour with that picture of him in Rome that is prominently featured on True to You. This one: http://true-to-you.net/files/pictures/morrissey_in_rome_2.jpg

The only real response I got from it was from my cousin who claims to hate Morrissey (but I have my doubts about that ;)) saying: "I don't care for the open shirt thing and his pose, but other than that the shirt itself is nice"

Most people just look puzzled, however if anyone gave me shit for wearing one I'd give them a sound thrashing on Morrissey's behalf. My biggest problem with Morrissey shirts is A-Availibilty-they're hard to find, and B-What to wear to see him live? Anyone in the indie scene knows you're not supposed to wear the shirt of the act you're seeing. I wore a Siouxsie one as an acknowledgement of "Interlude." (And because I like Siouxsie.)

Me and a couple of pals were drunk one night and decided to play that daft game where you stick a piece of paper to your head with a stars name on it and have to guess who it is.

I chose Morrissey, then Mikey pipes up and says "thats cheating, Morrissey is a make"

I asked him what he was on about and he said "well its written across your t-shirt"

What a dafty considering I have Morrissey posters all over my house.

DUH, what a plank! LOL
why would anyone wear a shirt with the makers name across the front anyhow? isnt that classed as advertising? and does one get paid to do so?

Back
Top Bottom