Pro Sound News Europe (via issuu): J.Chiccarelli digital interview re: recording LIHS & Morrissey

Pro Sound News Europe.

41128_41127_20171031_163445.png

A 2 page digital article discussing Morrissey and the recording of LIHS.
There were about '20 songs'.
He likes Home is a Question Mark and Israel.
My Love... was almost cut.
Regards,
FWD.

https://issuu.com/newbayeurope/docs/psne_november_2017_digital/18

Last edited by a moderator:
So do we think there's going to be a delux version in a few months with the other 8 tracks.

So do we think there's going to be a delux version in a few months with the other 8 tracks.

I was just thinking about that. Really though it makes me wonder why stdib didn’t come with a non album song or two. They could have still released a delux with six songs

I was just thinking about that. Really though it makes me wonder why stdib didn’t come with a non album song or two. They could have still released a delux with six songs

I agree. I downloaded STDIB but didn't bother buying a physical copy. Had there been a new B-side I would have.

I agree. I downloaded STDIB but didn't bother buying a physical copy. Had there been a new B-side I would have.

I didn’t listen to the interview but maybe the band had twenty songs but only recorded or finished recording twelve songs. Otherwise I don’t know what led to that decision

Being chased out of Italy might well have curtailed a full recording session? :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I didn’t listen to the interview but maybe the band had twenty songs but only recorded or finished recording twelve songs. Otherwise I don’t know what led to that decision
He mentioned 26 demos and then 20. He also talks about the heartbreaking decision of which songs made the album and which ones where cut. So It sounds like there were more than 12 tracks in contention.

He mentioned 26 demos and then 20. He also talks about the heartbreaking decision of which songs made the album and which ones where cut. So It sounds like there were more than 12 tracks in contention.

I don’t know then. It just doesn’t make sense to not put a bside on a single if you have the songs especially that many. Wonder if any will get played live at any point in the future

I don’t know then. It just doesn’t make sense to not put a bside on a single if you have the songs especially that many. Wonder if any will get played live at any point in the future

Perhaps STDIB is the only single that will have a physical release. Therefore there's no need for b-sides. Maybe the idea is to release a deluxe version in a few months like he did with YATQ.

save them for the next album and bring it out in a year, we shouldn't need to wait years between albums.

I don’t know then. It just doesn’t make sense to not put a bside on a single if you have the songs especially that many.
I guess if Morrissey thinks they are crap though, or just don't make the grade for whatever reason, then he might rather not release them at all. Getting people to double dip for a special edition of the same album in a few months is the obvious money maker though, so fingers crossed we'll hear them at some point.

I guess if Morrissey thinks they are crap though, or just don't make the grade for whatever reason, then he might rather not release them at all. Getting people to double dip for a special edition of the same album in a few months is the obvious money maker though, so fingers crossed we'll hear them at some point.
But he's always releasing songs that don't make the grade. Adding out of place tracks onto re-releases for example. Safe warm, treat me like... etc...

When did the deluxe 2 CD version of WP come out? After the original or the same time?

I think I remember it being released at the same time. If the decision on what to cut was heart breaking it says those involved considered the songs good. Maybe famous when dead is correct and that getting run out of Italy changed the plans but I think they were in the mixing stage at that point if I’m remembering correctly

When did the deluxe 2 CD version of WP come out? After the original or the same time?
Same time I believe,
Regards,
FWD.

Same time I believe,
Regards,
FWD.

I thought so too.
Hoping there will be an announcement for the bonus CD with extra tracks. But I can't wait too long.
I want that new music, so I might be buying both.
Think many fans are in the same situation.

Pearly Gates Closed
Low In High School
I Am Bully
Catastrophe
World Warsaw
Me Me Me
To Be Unannounced
After The End

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back