Pro-Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
Yeah Women's rights but forget the kids rights. You're missing the whole point.

The only true PRO-CHOICE is when BOTH the MOTHER and her CHILD have a choice.

If you don't want kids then don't have sex. You would think all the time spent listening to Morrissey you would have AT LEAST picked that up.

'YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE URGENCY OF LIFE.'

LOVE PEACE AND HARMONY

-David

Ditto.:)

As for someone mentioning feminism somewhere i don`t really want to be any mans equal.In my own personal experience being equal means contributing to everything and still being expected to do all household chores and look after the kids.I ache for a time when we were only required to fill one role and not be super humans.

I think it's pretty disgusting to be discussing such a personal topic like it's small talk on here considering, there's many opinions from many different voices and obviously, none of which will agree.

It's a woman & her family's personal decision what she has to do regarding her body & situation yet, I will state that, even if you kill a fetus, you're obviously playing God & who has that right? No-one. Obviously, a precious baby was given into your life for a reason, no matter if one thinks it's good or bad. Plenty of people like myself, would love to take a baby home & try to provide a loving family for he/she.

Obviously people are going to attack me now regarding what I just posted but, like I stated earlier, we all have a choice.....

I think it's pretty disgusting to be discussing such a personal topic like it's small talk on here considering, there's many opinions from many different voices and obviously, none of which will agree.

It's a woman & her family's personal decision what she has to do regarding her body & situation yet, I will state that, even if you kill a fetus, you're obviously playing God & who has that right? No-one. Obviously, a precious baby was given into your life for a reason, no matter if one thinks it's good or bad. Plenty of people like myself, would love to take a baby home & try to provide a loving family for he/she.

Obviously people are going to attack me now regarding what I just posted but, like I stated earlier, we all have a choice.....

I'm not attacking you, but I am curious how you said it was disgusting to discuss this in paragraph #1, then managed to not only discuss it in paragraph #2, but also managed to say how it is a woman's choice because it's her body BUT still no one should do it because no one has the right to play god. :confused: wha? Which way is the wind blowing for ya, Mozzy1...yay OR nay?

I'm not attacking you, but I am curious how you said it was disgusting to discuss this in paragraph #1, then managed to not only discuss it in paragraph #2, but also managed to say how it is a woman's choice because it's her body BUT still no one should do it because no one has the right to play god. :confused: wha? Which way is the wind blowing for ya, Mozzy1...yay OR nay?

Yay....(my opinion only though)

I won't touch this one with a 10 foot pole

Listen...most pro life people I come across are nuts. They seem to think that all women use abortion as birth control.

Oh yeah, there's nothing more convienent than to take a day off and go get some major surgery up my vagina, please!
Come on...most women that have abortions have their reasons and DO NOT use it as birth control.

Listen...most pro life people I come across are nuts. They seem to think that all women use abortion as birth control.
Oh yeah, there's nothing more convienent than to take a day off and go get some major surgery up my vagina, please!
Come on...most women that have abortions have their reasons and DO NOT use it as birth control.

Good post.

I think it's pretty disgusting to be discussing such a personal topic like it's small talk on here considering, there's many opinions from many different voices and obviously, none of which will agree. .....

well not really disgusting, it was about some stupid cartoon of morrissey. But it be more interseting to hear of actually experiences and not have posters here waffle on about what they've read etc.

It's a woman & her family's personal decision what she has to do regarding her body & situation

There you go. The two things that are the factors in an abortion, the mother’s body and her situation. It isn't an easy thing to do physically and emotionally.

Anyway,

Or we all just start having sex when we want children! That would make a happy world:rolleyes:

Has anyone here made that decision to abort an unwanted child?

No, thought not. So why don’t all the pro lifers stop picketing clinics, (or reading stuff off the internet and posting it here) and go and adopt an unwanted child or help in an orphanage.

No they don`t-but some do.I had a friend who had three and one was very late.She most certainly did use it as a form of birth control. It was at a time i was having fertility treatment and the irony and the immorality of it struck home in a big way.One ward you`ve got babies being thrown away and in another they endeavour to save their lives at a younger and younger gestation.

Years later when she got married and wanted to have children she couldn`t because of uterine scarring.It didn`t please me but i did feel that the life you lead does indeed catch up with you.She is very bitter and deeply regrets what she did.she wasn`t a rape or incest victim,she was in her twenties and had sex without protection knowing full well she could create a life.I do believe pro-lifers are not all religious nuts.I`m a pro-lifer and i am neither religious or zealous to the degree that you do see on the TV whenever this debate is going on.

No they don`t-but some do.I had a friend who had three and one was very late.She most certainly did use it as a form of birth control. It was at a time i was having fertility treatment and the irony and the immorality of it struck home in a big way.

not a lot of women do this as a form of birth control. and if they do it over and over, they risk that scarring you spoke of.

And those born fetuses they try to save that you brought up... i see them all the time at work... and some of them i think should not be alive. Its all very artificial and science lab-ish, and the very young ones end up pretty messed up most of the time. they have to pump so much crap into them to make them live, then many of them suffer hemmorhages and brain damage and all sorts of terrible side effects.

what is in the bold really explains why you're so adamant about your views on this. I am sorry you had to go through all that trouble, it must have been harder with a dumb friend who thinks $300 abortions are easier than a $20 a month BC pill prescription. or a $7 box of condoms.

Last edited:
How can you say the argument wouldn't EXIST?

I thought it was clear but I'll explain, if men were just as susceptible to becoming pregnant as women, we wouldn't be having this discussion, there would probably be one, or several people still voicing this opinion, but it would never be a front-page issue. I'm no feminist but society has been historically patriarchial, there are still strong remnants of that running through our society, these religious fanatic types are even more so. Women did not invent this "abortion is evil" hysteria, it was some stupid white man somewhere with too much time on his hands and too little brains. If men could get pregnant abortion would be SACRED, it's so easy to look down from ones' high horse when it isn't the rest of YOUR life.

What's primarily to blame for the climate of the abortion debate in America is that the U.S. Supreme Court cut off the ability of the people to debate and work out the issue through democracy at the state and local levels. I, personally, think it would crush the religious-right if the Supreme Court over-turned Roe vs. Wade. You'd suddenly have a Republican Party scrambling to assure women they didn't really mean it when they said they would outlaw abortions.

I think you'd just have a few extra dead women for no good reason.

Morrissey may very well be pro-abortion-rights, but he most assuredly believes the vast majority of abortions are immoral. You can't really preach that it is MURDER to kill anything and everything other than a plant...except, oh, I'm a feminist so bully to you if you exterminate that human fetus! He does, after all, consider killing a slug or a spider "murder", and admires terrorist violence against scientists doing research on fish to cure cancer at Oxford University.

Morrissey is NOT pro-life. Give me a break. He has also clearly demonstrated, as you admit, even though it's a travesty of logic, he considers animal life sacred, not human life.

You attack extremist ideology and seem to separate Morrissey from extremism, yet Morrissey's extremism on animal rights has much in common with not just pro-lifers but the most hardcore and radical pro-lifers who advocate the bombings of abortion clinics.

I garuntee you will NEVER see those crowds hanging together, one are left wing retards, the other are right wing retards. I didn't say Morrissey shouldn't be associated with extremist ideology, just this idiotic, far RIGHT extremism, that is the antithesis of what he is.I find it very offensive that someone would use him to promote a right wing agenda he most certainly never would endorse.

As for me, I don't feel much moral concern about abortions because I don't believe in a human soul. Double the number of fetuses killed and I'll shrug, maybe even smile (it probably would lower the crime rate,

Theres a book called Freakonomics" that presents a pretty ironclad case for this.

I won't call a baby fully human until they've been out of the womb and out in the world for a bit.

For once we're in total agreement.

But I do think the cartoon that started this thread is very much in line with Morrissey's moral viewpoint (except he might feel the word "human" is speciesist).

Not remotely, it's on the other side of the political spectrum. Also, even if he is religious, of which I'm not totally convinced, he's not that sort of conservative christian in the slightest.

And if you're a silly woman who is aborting a baby because you weren't smart enough to use birth control, you'd better hope I'm right about there being no human soul or else you're going straight to the Lake of Fire. Fortunately, I'm male and cannot get pregnant.

You prove my original point.

I've read somewhere that Morrissey took part in pro-life demonstration in Manchester in the late seventies. Does anybody know if that's true?

Back
Top Bottom