Pro-Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
The problem with asking about how the pregnancy happened is that people that are pro-abortion don't really ask how the pregnancy happened or use that as a factor. Anyway, I think that if you see this as a women's rights issue you don't want the woman to be quizzed on how the pregnancy happened.

If you see it as a human rights issue, I'm not sure that you would say that we can speak for the unborn, if we really take it to extremes.

We're not really talking about whether an abortion is right or wrong when we talk about rape or incest, (not to mention birth defects, the child's gender, and other factors that lead to abortion and infanticide) we're not talking about whether it is right or wrong but whether it is justified to take the life of the unborn.

Until people look at it honestly, and take responsibility this issue won't be solved. Calling it "tissue", after a certain phase of the pregnancy, is a lie. Saying that it avoids illegal back alley abortions is true, but it's pragmatic. The whole thing is pragmatic. It isn't about a woman's rights. It's about whether she will raise the child, and how she feels about adoption. The thing that bothers me about it is the denial that it takes a life, because it does. If the pro-abortion people would admit that then I would have more respect for their position.

I don't like the other side that much either. They have their own hangups. They don't want young people to have access to birth control, usually, which doesn't make sense. (Of course even when people have access to birth control it doesn't mean that they will use it.) Anyway, to some of these people it is about "God's Will" and we really shouldn't try to legislate "God's Will". By now though, the number of abortions should be declining each year as more options are available, and people should be wising up.

By now though, the number of abortions should be declining each year as more options are available, and people should be wising up.

exactly.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

I agree with David that grammar critiques are a bit redundant on a net forum but David it would make things a tad more clear being said. But what I think people on this forum need to realize is what happens if we make abortion illegal. First what sort of punishment would be enforced and to who? And will it actually curb abortions or move it back into dangerous back alley clinics?

The problem with ........... and people should be wising up.

you know what i dont like about the "other side"? They are sneaky bastards. churches set up what appear to be clinics and then guilt people into not having an abortion and not just coming clean and saying "hey, we're actually a church, and the pope wants us to make you feel like shit for making a choice you already wish you didn't have to make".

I think one of the key issues we need to wise up about is the falsehood of blood being more important than any type of family. THen having a baby and giving it up for adoption won't seem so horrible to the birth mother. Here's an example of what I am talking about, about people worrying about blood relatives so much: people think Terri Schiavo's parents should have had the last say in what happened to their daughter just because they are blood. I totally disagree. If something happened to me, God forbid my parents make any decisions about my life. I trust my husband to pull that plug when my brain turns to mush. People just automatically go "Well the mother and father should say not the husband". Newsflash folks, not all moms and dads are good! She didn't have a good relationship with them, why should they decide? THey shouldn't. But the majority of america acted like sheep and said "ohhh, the parents should decide". I'm glad they didn't get a say in it.

PS David was seriously not making sense. normally i do not care about grammar. he's not making sense in other threads too follow him around.

Last edited:
I agree with David that grammar critiques are a bit redundant on a net forum but David it would make things a tad more clear being said. But what I think people on this forum need to realize is what happens if we make abortion illegal. First what sort of punishment would be enforced and to who? And will it actually curb abortions or move it back into dangerous back alley clinics?

yeah yeah i totally agree. it would lead to illegal abortions which are far dangerous. i did mention earlier how it shouldn't be banned. BUT i do feel people should be better educated (i.e. options, emotional, aftermath etc.).

Love peace and harmony

-David

the pope wants us to make you feel like shit for making a choice you already wish you didn't have to make".

It's best to leave the Church out of this one. All they want is love and nothing more. I can go on for days about that one. and i know bogdana doesn't want me too. :D

yes i can quote the bible and stuff but i can quote Morrissey far better. Which brings me to my conclusion. Love all. The End.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

PS i try to watch my typing :)

It's best to leave the Church out of this one. All they want is love and nothing more. I can go on for days about that one. and i know bogdana doesn't want me too. :D

yes i can quote the bible and stuff but i can quote Morrissey far better. Which brings me to my conclusion. Love all. The End.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

PS i try to watch my typing :)

The CHURCH is precisely why this conversation is even relevant. are you catholic or evangelical!

you know what i dont like about the "other side"? They are sneaky bastards. churches set up what appear to be clinics and then guilt people into not having an abortion and not just coming clean and saying "hey, we're actually a church, and the pope wants us to make you feel like shit for making a choice you already wish you didn't have to make".

I think one of the key issues we need to wise up about is blood being more important than family. THen having a baby and giving it up for adoption won't seem so horrible to the birth mother. Here's an example of what I am talking about, about people worrying about blood relatives so much: people think Terri Schiavo's parents should have had the last say in what happened to their daughter just because they are blood. I totally disagree. If something happened to me, God forbid my parents make any decisions about my life. I trust my husband to pull that plug when my brain turns to mush. People just automatically go "Well the mother and father should say not the husband". Newsflash folks, not all moms and dads are good! She didn't have a good relationship with them, why should they decide? THey shouldn't. But the majority of america acted like sheep and said "ohhh, the parents should decide". I'm glad they didn't get a say in it.

PS David was seriously not making sense. normally i do not care about grammar. he's not making sense in other threads too follow him around.

Maybe Planned Parenthood should start opening churches.

You're right that something is really messed up when giving a child up for adoption is seen as morally wrong. I have friends that were adopted and they turned out cool. One doesn't care, and happens to be a guy. Another guy never really talked about it. A woman I know found her birth parents and it was big drama for a while but she only got to know them for a while and got some answers and then they went back to their own lives. I don't think she sees them now. Her dad didn't know about her. He knew that her mother had been pregnant but she told him something. I guess she didn't want him to interfere in the adoption.

That's another weird issue. A woman can get an abortion, but the man has a say about adoption. I guess she didn't want him to have a chance to take the baby.

The CHURCH is precisely why this conversation is even relevant. are you catholic or evangelical!

not that it matters but i am Roman Catholic. not conservative not liberal. because implying so would totally negate the word 'Catholic' which means 'universal'.

And i have free will. Which is why i love this Church. 2000 years of educated thought. it's the best. read about it.

Love peace and harmony

-David

PS i was atheist until i became a History major and researched the beginning of the Church myself. (in case you were wondering):)

hahaha a PP church, oh lord, no, PP gives out correct and useful information ( you know they arent just about abortions)

I think a lot of adoptees have these beautiful visions of being reunited but most hardly go like that. a lot of the adoptees 'real' parents are either a disappointment or have no interest in revisiting that part of their lives and they just want to go on from there. I wish I was adopted, i cant believe I came from the womb of a she devil!

not that it matters but i am Roman Catholic. not conservative not liberal. because implying so would totally negate the word 'Catholic' which means 'universal'.

And i have free will. Which is why i love this Church. 2000 years of educated thought. it's the best. read about it.

Love peace and harmony

-David

PS i was atheist until i became a History major and researched the beginning of the Church myself. (in case you were wondering):)

Oh yeah, love peace and harmony from the Catholic church, unless you're gay. Or a protestant! Or disabled!
Ive read about it plenty, thank you, and I'm not as dense as you may think when it comes to religion, I happen to have a slightly respectable background in Judeo Christian beliefs. Which is precisely why I am feeling so incredulous about how you are so obviously brainwashed. But whatever, enjoy it then, I can tell you're more conservative than not. you certainly dont talk like a 'cafeteria Catholic', you're a pretty conservative being according to these beliefs you've written about. Ignorance is bliss:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, love peace and harmony from the Catholic church, unless you're gay. Or a protestant! Or disabled!
Ive read about it plenty, thank you, and I'm not as dense as you may think when it comes to religion, I happen to have a slightly respectable background in Judeo Christian beliefs. Which is precisely why I am feeling so incredulous about how you are so obviously brainwashed. But whatever, enjoy it then, I can tell you're more conservative than not. you certainly dont talk like a 'cafeteria Catholic', you're a pretty conservative being according to these beliefs you've written about. Ignorance is bliss:rolleyes:

thats actually a misconception. Homosexuals are not to be shun. just the homosexual acts. and it's not really because they so awful but because they go against the sacrament of marriage. and as for protestants. they shun us. we just think its funny. :)

I know, but I was just thinking that they could get everyone in there and then their "pope" could release one of those deals where they rewrite the infallible word of God... I forget what they call it... and be like "God says condoms are cool. If it breaks we have some RU486."

oh they already have that church. its the protestant wing ;)

ah yes. the infallible word of god... written by a bunch of men, in a time when few could read OR write. good times!

Back
Top Bottom