Pro-Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
But the law isnt about love its about preserving freedom for all those who can function in any capacity in a society. While yes is a fetus being deprived of freedom I suppose you are correct but when it does not have such a concept it is irrelevant. Furthermore it cannot function outside the womb so cannot be considered alive. I agree with you on people should be informed in the ramnifcations of their decisions but that does not mean that the majority of women who have abortions have them for selfish reasons.

Is not a plant a still a plant while it develops? :cool:

My only message is: Don't choose life, choose LOVE.

Love Peace and Harmony

-David

I believe abortions kick-ass, but politics aside, that cartoon is great!

I believe in innocent life... every human should receive the chance to make their own choices and live their life (even sing it if they'd like). What they do what that chance is up to them. To me, it is the only true and just way for a society to conduct itself. This has nothing to do with trying to squelsh "women's rights", it's about preserving the future for more people. Sometimes I think pro-choicers need to take off their "we're being oppressed!" hats and realize the noble intentions of the pro-life cause. States have laws against murder, and if you can say meat is murder, then certainly this is.

What I dont get is why pro-lifers play the we are being oppressed card when there is no legal mandate to have abortions as such there is no oppression against you. The pro-choice movement is vocally trying to counteract a vocal and in many respects radical movement and are just trying to defend freedom in their respective nations

Not only can a fetus not survive on its own but cannot make the decision in question.

Good Lord. So what about the mentally handicapped? Should a parent be able to kill their profoundly retarded four year old? Using your elementary logic the answer is yes.

What I dont get is why pro-lifers play the we are being oppressed card when there is no legal mandate to have abortions as such there is no oppression against you.

I love when people play this card. It's because they care for all life. they care for all humans. even if it's not their children. it's very selfless choice when you think about it.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

The only thing I don't like about Morrissey is that he's probably pro-choice... given his feminist beliefs. Does anyone know if he's ever spoken about this?

Abortion has its place. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I know this is a tough enough thread but I lack self control.

The pro-life movement in America is partly responsible for Bush. The anti-black, religious right to be more specific.

To complicate my post further. My brother who lives in America told me today that he drove past a church the other day and the 10 comandments were painted outside. Something made him look twice. 'Thou shalt not kill.' was not 'kill' but 'murder'. By definition, unlawfully taking life. Why the change? It is because a judge then decides what is murder and what is justifiable homicide? What is a sin and what isn't? It's ok to kill Muslims for oil for example and then it is not a sin? It is bad enough a judge elected Bush but for them to be of higher ranking than God? I'm all for science out-ranking God but come on!

He also told me how a woman wasn't allowed to board a flight with her lip gloss but an unloaded gun was fine. America scares me.

As for abortion. I'm against it in general but it isn't that straightforward. Quite probably the toughest of the ethical debates.

Yeah Women's rights but forget the kids rights. You're missing the whole point.

The only true PRO-CHOICE is when BOTH the MOTHER and her CHILD have a choice.

If you don't want kids then don't have sex. You would think all the time spent listening to Morrissey you would have AT LEAST picked that up.

'YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE URGENCY OF LIFE.'

LOVE PEACE AND HARMONY

-David

I do NOT want to have a conversation on abortion ever because that shit could get heated especially if I am talking to a male, but I can't resist asking you a question...

You state "If you don't want kids then don't have sex."
I respect your opinion and sorta agree with your statement, BUT what if a pregnancy happened because of rape, incest, ect....What is your stand on that?

Good Lord. So what about the mentally handicapped? Should a parent be able to kill their profoundly retarded four year old? Using your elementary logic the answer is yes.

My logic is not elementary its applying the basic standards of what makes a person even in the most basic capacity human. Even the profoundly retarded are capable of functioning on some levels of cognitive thought. That being said a fetus does not have this capacity and to apply the same forms of rights upon it as one would a functioning member of society is silly. My as you say elementary logic is the most logical and compassionate approach to the role of a person within a state when we use the definition of choice (which makes us what we are) as the basis for humanity. I dont advocate eugenics because clearly if a person decides to have a child they should take care of them to the best of their abilities

I do NOT want to have a conversation on abortion ever because that shit could get heated especially if I am talking to a male, but I can't resist asking you a question...

I respect your opinion and sorta agree with your statement, BUT what if a pregnancy happened because of rape, incest, ect....What is your stand on that?

dont dont dont!!!! oh my god now they are going to ramble incessantly!

OK I said I wasnt going to say anything else but here's one more tidbit: why dont you ardent pro lifers go to work at saving people with fully developed brains and four chambered hearts, ie people on death row and those suffering genocide in Darfur!

dont dont dont!!!! oh my god now they are going to ramble incessantly!

OK I said I wasnt going to say anything else but here's one more tidbit: why dont you ardent pro lifers go to work at saving people with fully developed brains and four chambered hearts, ie people on death row and those suffering genocide in Darfur!

I KNOW..I KNOW..I said I wasn't going to say anything either, but I was sitting here steaming and I couldn't be silent anymore:)

This thread totally needs to be moved to off topic.

simple: respect life in all forms. afterall, everyone has a purpose. life is sacred.

"Don't nod your head until June."

And again, don't think i'm prolife nor choice. im pro love.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you are either massively dyslexic (which is not a bad thing), or English is not your native tongue, or even worse, you dont speak english and youre using a robot translator.

all that. AND its been a long day.

please don't change the subject :)

Back
Top Bottom