Pro-Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
Then why most pro-life persons are also for death penalty ?

Because they are probably either going along with the generall close minded view of whatever church they belong to; or they are male and have no sense of womans' rights; or they are republicans and make no sense to begin with. Seriously, this is how I feel, I don't care who I offend.

So then, kissing another man would be an 'act'?
It's only showing peoples devoution and care for one another, how could someone possibly be against that?

I deplore organised religion anyway.

But then again i'm not God to tell you what a sin is. I can't judge. An action is all about knowledge and consent of your actions.

NO MORE QUESTIONS PLEASEE hahaha

Then why most pro-life persons are also for death penalty ?

Thats beyond me. I thought 'Pro Life' was respecting life in all ways.

And again i'm not trying to rub my beliefs in anyone's face. I'm just answering questions.

I love how when people found out i feel this way they start questioning me like a circus side show.

And why do i answer them? Because i feel it's my duty to explain the true Catholic standpoint on the matter. there are so many misconceptions about it. It up to you to adhere to them. And if you choose not to, then that's all you. I sleep perfectly at night. Trust me.

This is the last song i will ever sing,

-David

Well said-thank you. Can I quote one lyric? 'No baby pulled screaming out into this seething whirl by chance or whim or even love?' *or cuz a guy or a church is telling her what to do with her body.

It offends me that pro-choice people might be called pro-abortion :confused: :mad:

Really David, you're making my 'choice' (i.e. excellent) LP&H look bad :rolleyes:

:( oh no... it pains me when people think i'm judging them. and i'm not saying you are feeling that specifically but i'm starting to get the feeling that some people do feel like that.

If you feel like that about that issue, that's strictly your business. I'm not here to stone anyone. I love all and respect all. And it's that simple.

And End of the Family Line is my favorite solo song

-David

What i would like to know is, should i, as a woman, decide to keep my child, would the catholic church provide me with the £186 000 cost of raising that child?

would they help out with nappies, feeds, clothes, cots, medicines, housing? what about my medical expenses? what about when the child is teething in the middle of the night? will the church be there to comfort and soothe that child?

and my body, does the church repair the damage done to my body that having a child inflicts? will they be there to hold my hair back when i'm vomiting? can they stop things like haemorrhoids? varicose veins? loss of hair? a reduction in my bone density? most, importantly, stretch marks, boobs down to my knees and a torn perineum?

“Love is always patient and kind; it is never rude nor SELFISH."

;)

Love Peace and Harmony

-David

is that a yes? or a no?

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. "

You know, you wouldn't feel the need to temporarily tranquilize yourself if you didn't take things so literally.

Reading this thread made me feel sick. I can't believe the obsolete views shared on this matter.

Thank god i live in denmark where everyone can get an abortion, free.

i see the effect of the go-go's is lost on you. i'm not surprised.

I love the surprise of cryptic responses, but I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit.

is that a yes? or a no?

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. "

It's interesting you're using Isaiah from the Old Testament while i used a letter from St. Paul from the New. I'm not saying the OT has been deemed obsolete but since the NT there was a new covenant. Where one of the greatest commandments being 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

Also i believe in Isaiah those soldiers were carrying out that plan in the sense that they will wage a "holy war" and complete God's plan.

Love Peace and Harmony,

-David

And the answer is actually yes. Contact your local parish for more information.

Are you going to tell us we shouldn't go and see The Golden Compass now?

Because it promotes "individualism" :eek:

And that the child is born out of wedlock and - gasp- an alcohol guzzling polar bear!

Seriously folks, if you read the first 3 pages you'd see this is pointless w/ him. I wouldn't suggest reading it tho bc its a little grating.

ah, yes, the mutability of a immutable god. this is where you say that the ot can be disregarded because jesus provided a new covenant.

let's see what he said..."Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. "

or perhaps, "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death". hmm, that sort of love your neighbour makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

my local parish is giving away grants of £186 000? they can also prevent me from stretch marks? I'll phone them in the morning. perhaps i'll phone them in the early morning hours to see how helpful they'll be with those nights when the child lays awake screaming.

You win. I'm converting to the Holy Church of Elvis.

Holy crap! As if I didn't have enough aggravation today, I decided to subject myself to this entire thread from page1. HAHA...where's that thread that asks if solo makes me 'emotionally unmanageable'? :p

OK....I'm too tired to go through this thread again with the multiquote.
So here's some shit off the top of my head.
Basically, as far as the pic itself goes, I think it is rather absurd that an likeness of Moz along with his lyrics are being used in a Pro-Life advert. Given his women's rights stance I think it would be safe to assume that he is Pro-Choice.

I do notice that trend where pro-lifers condemn abortion but are completely fine with capital punishment. It's like they're saying 'all life is sacred' in one breath and 'unless you piss us off' in the next. Little hyprocritical I think.

The statement that the Catholic Church doesn't condemn homosexuals, just homosexual acts is the biggest f***in copout that I have heard in a while. How does this work? "We're not saying that you're going to hell for who you are...just what you do." The Catholic Church is the biggest hypocritical, unrealistic organization that I have ever heard of and continues to amaze me.

Statements like "if you aren't ready for a child, don't have sex" are great if you're living in a f***in bubble. But since that is not going to happen... maybe we should deal with life on life's terms. Sex will happen. As well mistakes and unplanned pregancies. I'm all for contraception but if that does not work, other options should be available and not in a back alley, illegal shop where the woman is risking her life to undergo the procedure.

As far as whether I support abortion. Well, from a personal perspective, I'm adopted...so I would love to see a woman put the child up for adoption if she didn't want to raise it. Cuz we all see what a perfectly well-adjusted individual I've turned out to be. ;) But I still fully support the woman's right to choose. I would love to say that it was only allowed in extraneous circumstances such as rape, incest, violence, etc...but then where do you draw the line? Severe handicap? Autism? Color-blindness? Wrong sex? Society as a whole can't regulate this decision as there are just two many factors involved in each particular situation. It sucks that there are people out there who certainly use abortion as a method of birth control...going through procedures like they were going out of style and that is unfortunate. But there are extremes in every situation and I really believe the it's a decision that must lay solely on the mother.

OK..I don't even know what I wrote at this point...I was just too heated and felt the need to rant. *deep exhale* ahh, better.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember when this forum was about Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom