Private messages

EPbabe

I wonder why you can't move directly from one private message to the next or previous one on the list. Can you do something about it? :)

You probably wouldn't, but it would solve your problem by making it go away. :D

Seriously, though, it's tedious as f*** not to be able to move forward and backward through them, as is the 150-message limit (although I'm grateful that it's been upped from what it was before!).

:p
(How much was the limit before?)

how about making it easier to notice that you have a message waiting. when i first found out i had a message waiting it had been there for days before i noticed.

just a thought for newer members?

how about making it easier to notice that you have a message waiting. when i first found out i had a message waiting it had been there for days before i noticed.

There's an option under User CP > Options to email you when you have a new message, or to pop up a window when you're logged in to SoLow. I do both; otherwise, I'd never notice the little tiny "Unread" number in the upper-right corner.

You're supposed to receive an email notification, aren't you?

Here's the part of the Options page you need:

Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Back
Top Bottom