Private collector ie Mozipedia

roky

Mods,
Please don't merge this with the Mozipedia book thread.
I was wondering if anyone knows who the private collector is that Dale Hibbert sold the 1982 Decible studio recording of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" and "Suffer Little Children" with Wolstencroft on drums and Hibbert on the first track. I think he also sold the cassette with Morrissey and Marr doing "I Want A Boy For My Birthday" and "Don't Blow Your Own Horn" to the same collector.
So if anyone can shed some light on the subject? I mean I don't expect to give up the guys name or anything. Is he still alive? Is he a rich collector? Does he still have them? You know, stuff like that. I think Beau can kinda give some info if I remember correct.

Thanks for the link and the song.
Does anyone else have some info?
thanks again

Thank you, this is really good...
Any more out there that you are aware of?

Cheers,

I.R.

I'm not sure if there were any more songs accompanying it.

I think it was posted on these forums a while ago, but I can't find the page.

Perhaps kewpie could find it and shed more light on it, or Stephane will know more about it

A year or two ago I was in discussions with someone here to buy it. I'm pretty sure it was the original Decibel multi-track masters. In the end I decided I didn't have the cash to spare so I backed out the conversation (if you're reading this - really sorry about that!)

Shame; I'm in the position to buy it now, but morrissey-solo seems to have purged my old messages.

Interesting how Dale's blog says that it was originally intended for "I Want A Boy For My Birthday" to be the first single. I didn't know that before :thumb:

Mods,
Please don't merge this with the Mozipedia book thread.
I was wondering if anyone knows who the private collector is that Dale Hibbert sold the 1982 Decible studio recording of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" and "Suffer Little Children" with Wolstencroft on drums and Hibbert on the first track. I think he also sold the cassette with Morrissey and Marr doing "I Want A Boy For My Birthday" and "Don't Blow Your Own Horn" to the same collector.
So if anyone can shed some light on the subject? I mean I don't expect to give up the guys name or anything. Is he still alive? Is he a rich collector? Does he still have them? You know, stuff like that. I think Beau can kinda give some info if I remember correct.

indeed he sold the demoo of 'i want a boy for my birtday', only played live
1 time, the first gig also with James Maker.

Dale didn't want to go on with them, or wanted to produce rather than play, the song never been played, and James
got a carriere on his own, and still being a long time friend with Morrissey

A year or two ago I was in discussions with someone here to buy it. I'm pretty sure it was the original Decibel multi-track masters. In the end I decided I didn't have the cash to spare so I backed out the conversation (if you're reading this - really sorry about that!)

Shame; I'm in the position to buy it now, but morrissey-solo seems to have purged my old messages.
Do you by chance remember around how much $ he was wanting for it?
I am just curious.

Back
Top Bottom