Priority ticket / t-shirt bundles now on sale at Mporium

Anyone figure out whether they're just going to send you a random size t-shirt? I e-mailed the address from whence my confirmation came, but no response as yet

Is there a presale code for Nottingham or is it just through Mporium? Cheers. Got standing for Glasgow through my gas supplier - Total joke this.

I'll say this, if he's concerned enough about ticket sales to bundle presales with a shirt giveaway, he's concerned about sales. And if he's SERIOUS about selling tickets, he needs to get his ass on twitter. A few sentences every few days. He's selling to a closed loop, die-hards who KNOW about Mporium. He needs to be marketing to the slightly interested who WILL BUY A TICKET if they just read his thoughts on how the weather effects his preference for crisps which would be retweeted a bazillion times to the hardly die-hards who would follow him because other musicians and comedians they like follow him and would BUY A TICKET to arena shows despite the fact he was just in town. He's marketing himself to the wrong people, he needs to grab the "sortafans" and twitter is the only way to do this.

That whole Harvest Twitter thing has me wondering what the hell went on there. He could totally own twitter, it;s like it was designed just for him. It's off-the-cuff moaning and praising which is just like his brain, I don't get it. :squiffy:

And don't follow Russel Brand as a model for tweeting, he's not doing it right. Twitter is for ideas in your brain THAT DAY about events THAT DAY, not just selling your brand identity.

Last edited:
I'll say this, if he's concerned enough about ticket sales to bundle presales with a shirt giveaway, he's concerned about sales. And if he's SERIOUS about selling tickets, he needs to get his ass on twitter. A few sentences every few days. He's selling to a closed loop, die-hards who KNOW about Mporium. He needs to be marketing to the slightly interested who WILL BUY A TICKET if they just read his thoughts on how the weather effects his preference for crisps which would be retweeted a bazillion times to the hardly die-hards who would follow him because other musicians and comedians they like follow him and would BUY A TICKET to arena shows despite the fact he was just in town. He's marketing himself to the wrong people, he needs to grab the "sortafans" and twitter is the only way to do this.

That whole Harvest Twitter thing has me wondering what the hell went on there. He could totally own twitter, it;s like it was designed just for him. It's off-the-cuff moaning and praising which is just like his brain, I don't get it. :squiffy:

And don't follow Russel Brand as a model for tweeting, he's not doing it right. Twitter is for ideas in your brain THAT DAY about events THAT DAY, not just selling your brand identity.

I think it was him on twitter. I think Damon sat him down with the laptop and he tried it out.

I saw what some people tweeted back. They called him a fag, told him to kill himself. He couldn't handle that shit, he's too sensitive. He then decided against it. I've seen people tweeting they are worrying about getting tickets tomorrow. They had no idea about the pre sale today.

To add to this thought about Twitter...if the fear is that Morrissey will stick his foot in his mouth 140-characters-style, he needs to have a NON-PAID-YES-MAN who is trusted and worldly who would read each post and say, "Yeah...that's awesome." or "Yeah, that's gonna piss a lot of people off in a not good way. Don't forget your XYZ market this might jab the wrong way." but otherwise I think he should just post his thoughts and be a tad more accessible, if not in spirit. This third-person empirical bullshit on TTY is off-putting, it's no better than a report from Buckingham Palace to read "Morrissey approves of such and such." He could just go on twitter and say "Such and such is glorious and while I wish death upon so and so, my lawyers have advised me that is not kind." or some such thing. Or to read him say randomly, "Who gives a shit about Brian Ferry?" or whatever, instead of a diatribe that isn't referenced by media. But the news shows DO reference tweets. I'm just saying, it's an opportunity to cut loose and be himself, like tossing a shirt to the crowd but tossing words. f***, he could make a twitter account and say how stupid twitter is for 30 solid days and it would blow up twitter in a hilarious way, it's a great opportunity.

Okay I'll shut up now. I just sense BAD ADVICE is keeping him from having fun and gaining a f***TON of fans...the kind who go to arena shows.

punters should wait until the show, where ticket giveaways is assured, the day prior to the show. the promoters have been long trained in recognizing the possibility of an excess of empty seats leading to a cancellation.
it is absurd to buy early with fees, when you can get at a very reduced price the day of the event.

Look ! Will I be able to buy a burger or not ?

No. Hummus and pita for you or GTFO.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was him on twitter. I think Damon sat him down with the laptop and he tried it out.

I saw what some people tweeted back. They called him a fag, told him to kill himself. He couldn't handle that shit, he's too sensitive. He then decided against it. I've seen people tweeting they are worrying about getting tickets tomorrow. They had no idea about the pre sale today.

Well, he needs to channel his inner Kate Middleton and ignore the haterz. :D

No. Hummus and pita for you or GTFO.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he needs to channel his inner Kate Middleton and ignore the haterz. :D

I can't see him being able to do that. I still hold firm that it was him until the tweet about the album packages. He got scared off and denied the whole thing. He has major hipster cred and if he had a twitter it really would pull in even more young fans than he always has. I've never been to the concert of a 55-year old man and seen so many teenagers crying when he takes the stage. It's amazing.

I'll be waiting for tomorrow. A poor student can't afford £150 for two tickets.

When I saw The Smiths in Wolverhampton in October 1986, the ticket price was £4.50 for students with an NUS card.

It's a bit sad to see him go Streisand with his prices. I'm sure when I last saw him (Stoke 2011) it was about £40 for everyone. I'm not buying this time round.

Last edited:
When I saw The Smiths in Wolverhampton in October 1986, the ticket price was £4.50 for students with an NUS card.

It's a bit sad to see him go Streisand with his prices. I'm sure when I last saw him (Stoke 2011) it was about £40 for everyone. I'm not buying this time round.

I too thought the first couple could have been him as well but if it was he clearly bailed after those initial tweets.

To add to this thought about Twitter...if the fear is that Morrissey will stick his foot in his mouth 140-characters-style, he needs to have a NON-PAID-YES-MAN who is trusted and worldly who would read each post and say, "Yeah...that's awesome." or "Yeah, that's gonna piss a lot of people off in a not good way. Don't forget your XYZ market this might jab the wrong way." but otherwise I think he should just post his thoughts and be a tad more accessible, if not in spirit. This third-person empirical bullshit on TTY is off-putting, it's no better than a report from Buckingham Palace to read "Morrissey approves of such and such." He could just go on twitter and say "Such and such is glorious and while I wish death upon so and so, my lawyers have advised me that is not kind." or some such thing. Or to read him say randomly, "Who gives a shit about Brian Ferry?" or whatever, instead of a diatribe that isn't referenced by media. But the news shows DO reference tweets. I'm just saying, it's an opportunity to cut loose and be himself, like tossing a shirt to the crowd but tossing words. f***, he could make a twitter account and say how stupid twitter is for 30 solid days and it would blow up twitter in a hilarious way, it's a great opportunity.

Okay I'll shut up now. I just sense BAD ADVICE is keeping him from having fun and gaining a f***TON of fans...the kind who go to arena shows.

Morrissey would not set the Twitter world on fire. If his recent between song chatter is anything to go by, he's pretty dull these days.

Hate to break this to you, but Moz isn't as worryingly important to other people as he is to you...

Morrissey would not set the Twitter world on fire. If his recent between song chatter is anything to go by, he's pretty dull these days.

Hate to break this to you, but Moz isn't as worryingly important to other people as he is to you...

He could be. Second thought, maybe that would be a bad thing because I want him to have a chance to be normal and not flanked by security. My favorite photos of him are when he's buying jeans or driving the mini to bookstores alone. He needs to do this stuff.

Last edited:
He can't do Twitter simply because T T Y and beaky Riley would be no more, done for, finished.
Solo 1 - T T Y 0. Game over.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

WoooooHooooooooo !
It's Friday everyone ! Let's just see how fast our man cannot sell these tickets out .

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Two Leeds tickets secure. A LOT of money but f*** it, it's my birthday present sorted.

I'd laugh if he cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Two Leeds tickets secure. A LOT of money but f*** it, it's my birthday present sorted.

I'd laugh if he cancelled.

why do you fill up every thread on here with your drivel? i dont care if you're right or wrong, it's dreadful to read and is of no one's benefit but your own weird ego. have some charity and just stop, for the rest of us.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom