Prince William Hunting Trip

Anyone who kills animals is a shit. Anyone who kills animals for sport or fun is a f***ing sewage farm's worth of ordure. Just think about that for a minute. Killing for fun. It's close to one of the worst things a human could do.

P.

There was a Mark Twain piece--I think I had to read it for some kind of exam in high school--in which he rejects the theory of evolution.

He does so since man clearly not to evolve from lower animals to become a higher species, but clearly devolved higher animals to to become a lower species. He lists many examples, but amongst them (if I recall correctly--I could just be making this up it's been awhile) is some incident in which somebody killed or shot at a large number of buffalo from a train just for fun.

It was a very Mark Twain piece. I wish I knew the name of it.

There was a Mark Twain piece--I think I had to read it for some kind of exam in high school--in which he rejects the theory of evolution.

He does so since man clearly not to evolve from lower animals to become a higher species, but clearly devolved higher animals to to become a lower species. He lists many examples, but amongst them (if I recall correctly--I could just be making this up it's been awhile) is some incident in which somebody killed or shot at a large number of buffalo from a train just for fun.

It was a very Mark Twain piece. I wish I knew the name of it.

The Damned Human Race

It would be something if a Royal went against the grain and refused to hunt and kill.

Thank you! I haven't read that in nearly ten years. I remember how much I liked it the first time and it definitely lived up to memory. Religion, sexism, patriotism, war, greed, killing for pleasure, nobility--Mark Twain really mentions all of man's lower points.

It's also worth noting the killing of buffalo for sport was done "for the entertainment of an English earl." Perhaps Morrissey should title his next True To You post "the differ*ence between an anaconda and an earl."

Prince Billy needs to be on the wrong end of some Zeppelin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I haven't read that in nearly ten years. I remember how much I liked it the first time and it definitely lived up to memory. Religion, sexism, patriotism, war, greed, killing for pleasure, nobility--Mark Twain really mentions all of man's lower points.

It's also worth noting the killing of buffalo for sport was done "for the entertainment of an English earl." Perhaps Morrissey should title his next True To You post "the differ*ence between an anaconda and an earl."

You are welcome. Great polemic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom