Prince likes the way Morrissey thinks

The interview:

The Royal Visit- independent.ie

The interview segment:

Of the big record labels, he says: "There have been lessons learned, that's for sure. I like what Morrissey said about how, isn't it funny how all their acts go to number one? They go on the cover of Rolling Stone after one release. It took me four albums. The record companies, they have become like carjackers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless Prince's heart, I always knew he was smart, in fact, he's one of the most brilliant musician's ever. On par with the best, for sure.

(get ready for all the losers here to slag off Prince, as if they themselves had any ounce of talent, which they don't, with the exception of like 10,000 posts on a forum and that's about it. But of course, we should "listen" to them because "they know" and free speech and all that other garbage.)

give me a break.

Prince has always been a Morrissey fan - and I think It's great! :guitar:

Prince is in Amsterdam, due the Norwegian disaster he cancelled Oslo, and
wanted to have a jam/gig, so he suprised Amstrerdams' ' Melkweg'
with a party, toninght too

Prince likes to play suprise gigs in Amsterdam, even if he plays a concert gig....after that
he likes to do a ' secret' jam gig in Amsterdam in a club , he seems to like the
nightlife and the Netherlands/Amsterdam

He's a league of his own thoughj I don't know his personal life,
but the , wow, the guy can play guitar, Johnny Marr too, but
Prince in another way, funky

b.tw. would love to hear those 2 jam with a bass player and drummer, keyboards

I give Prince thumbs up:thumb:

or 3

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

:guitar:

Last edited:
Prince is great! He knows how to make an amazing pop track and keep people interested with his music. Sure he is on a whole other spectrumwhe it compared to Morrissey, but variety is great and sometimes I don't just want to hear about celibacy. Kudos Prince!

Prince is great! He knows how to make an amazing pop track and keep people interested with his music. Sure he is on a whole other spectrumwhe it compared to Morrissey, but variety is great and sometimes I don't just want to hear about celibacy. Kudos Prince!

Wow, I thought this site had finished?
Why is it still here..?

Maybe Tseng should change the title to 'Princesolo'...he might get longer shrift and not be chucked out...

I suddenly remember a twenty, or so, years rumour about Morrissey and Prince in a studio together.

I have a lot of respect for Prince. I'm not a fan of his music. He's had a couple decent songs but I like the fact that he loves music. About 20 years ago he said he had over 500 songs written that he hadn't released yet.

My favourite Prince story is how he ended up going into the studio to help Stevie Nicks with "Stand Back"

Here is the story according to wikipedia..

"Nicks has often told the story of how she wrote the song. She wrote it shortly after she was married to Kim Anderson. The newlyweds were driving up to San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara when Prince's song "Little Red Corvette" came on the radio. Nicks started humming along to the melody, especially inspired by the lush synthesizers of the song, and "Stand Back" was born. They stopped and got a tape recorder and she recorded the demo in the honeymoon suite that night. Later, when Nicks went into the studio to record the song, she called Prince and told him the story of how she wrote the song to his melody. He came to the studio that night and played synthesizers on it, although his contribution is uncredited on the album. Then, she says, "he just got up and left as if the whole thing happened in a dream."

Basically he didn't want any money or any credit. He just did it.

Perhaps Prince could replace Jesse Tobias in the band. Now that would be something!

I suddenly remember a twenty, or so, years rumour about Morrissey and Prince in a studio together.

I remember reading in some music mag around the time of Kill Uncle that Prince said he wanted to meet Morrissey and that they had arranged to meet. I don't think they were going to record anything together......or WERE they???

Perhaps Prince could replace Jesse Tobias in the band. Now that would be something!

I will reiterate that I like Jesse, especially live but Prince would be a serious upgrade in the songwriting department. I'd be all for a Morrissey/Prince collaboration if Prince were to just do the music and not care about lyrics and vocals.

I remember reading in some music mag around the time of Kill Uncle that Prince said he wanted to meet Morrissey and that they had arranged to meet. I don't think they were going to record anything together......or WERE they???

I remember around 1991 that the NME had printed that there were rumours that the two were working together but I never heard anything after that one or two sentence mention.

There was that old rumour of background graffiti reading "MOZ" in one of Prince's videos. I can't remember who, what, when, whether etc.

Prince wouldn't only be an upgrade as a songwriter but as a guitarist also.

Anyway Morrissey hates him (and virtually any 80s black popstar seemingly), remember the quotes? "If Ponce came from Wigan he'd get a kicking".

They share hating music labels, hating their fansites and headlining Hop Farm Festival 2011.

I don't know if Morrissey hates him. I do remember the Ponce comment. I think Morrissey said a lot of things to cause a stir, especially in the 80's where he was basically saying everyone was terrible.

I remember him feeling bad about the Elton John's head on a plate comment after EJ said nice things about Morrissey.

I am Ulysses the dog who eats his own feces and I approve of what Prince has said and I want to eat his feces instead as I know this will fill me up so repeatedly.
I want to go listen to Purple Rain and then eat his feces 1999 times like his song. I knew a girl named nikki, she said she was a sex fiend, I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating to a magazine. I like Prince and now I want to go out and about and find him. His lyrics remind me of doggy snorsauges. This morning I ate my master’s porridge and it was horrid as I am Ulysses who eats his own feces as I am a very unique species.

Then that will give me the strength to track down the dog that attacked Morrissey as I want to find him, I want to get him, I want to mutilate him, I want to kill him and most of all I want to eat his feces.

I want to become a PI with my skills as I can track down anyone by tasting their feces as I once I taste that gooey tasty treat, then I have to find them and track them down so I can have some more of their feces delicacies. There are mysteries each time I get a new box of species feces to eat. And I wash it down with my satanic master’s tea. I want to make peace treaties. That’s the news on the street.

I want to find the girl in the raspberry beret and eat her feces too. And I hope she just drank some Hawaiian Punch so her feces will be red as though it had blood on it.

Morrissey is my assignment I want to track down Damien Dempsey now as I want to eat his feces. I hear it is a specialty from the dogs and homies in the hood. I hear it actually is good. But look at Damien Dempsey, I believe it would, that’s the rumor in the hood.

I will track down that evil hound who harmed Morrissey. No person or animal can ever cause the slightest affliction to my assignment. I have an erection, I do it doggie style I haven’t humped any other dogs in a while I just put my feces into a pile I’m going to eat my dinner in style. But first I must go over my Morrissey file as if they do I’ll tell you what’s true I’ll get them and eat them so be careful Morrissey-solo fiends, as I may soon be coming for you. I holler
Ruff, ruff

Off-topic/troll post

A Morrissey/ Prince collaboration would be interesting to say the least. I, too, remember that rumor way back...the only reason I can see as to way it didn't happen is because Morrissey probably isn't fond of his music, and it would have been difficult for him to write lyrics to fit Prince's style. I really don't think he "hates" him.

Having said all that, however, I would also like to say that I enjoy Jessie as a musician, and I personally think he works well with Morrissey...

I am Ulysses the dog who eats his own feces and I will not eat hand in glove’s feces as she betrayed Morrissey, flash lights in the night, by taking the side of the fiend, so dastardly to me, that davidt. You betrayed Morrissey, stars I see I’m writing this regrettably viciously and furiously. It says in my file you betrayed Morrissey, it was a big mistake you see, whereby you chose Davidt, what kind of pile of shit is that. My employees ain’t gonna have that. Got that? So I don’t want your feces as I only captures those I like .. You’re off limits lady. How about an apology to Morrissey

Off-topic/Troll post

I am Ulysses the dog who eats his own feces and I will not eat hand in glove’s feces as she betrayed Morrissey, flash lights in the night, by taking the side of the fiend, so dastardly to me, that davidt. You betrayed Morrissey, stars I see I’m writing this regrettably viciously and furiously. It says in my file you betrayed Morrissey, it was a big mistake you see, whereby you chose Davidt, what kind of pile of shit is that. My employees ain’t gonna have that. Got that? So I don’t want your feces as I only captures those I like .. You’re off limits lady. How about an apology to Morrissey

Off-topic/Troll post

Hand in glove is a traitor to Mozzer as been notified of this by my employer. I have added hand in glove to my mission, she’s now under suspicion as will be under further observation, she chose davidt over the Moz man. Now hand in glove put your head in the sand, the proper apology to Morrissey And by the way you will be reprimanded. *spits*

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom