Prince likes the way Morrissey thinks

The interview:

The Royal Visit- independent.ie

The interview segment:

Of the big record labels, he says: "There have been lessons learned, that's for sure. I like what Morrissey said about how, isn't it funny how all their acts go to number one? They go on the cover of Rolling Stone after one release. It took me four albums. The record companies, they have become like carjackers."

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the usual double tonguedness by Morrissey. One BBC journalist mentioned that she had been out dining with Morrissey. She also writes for glamour magazines. Don't ask me what her name was, I do not know these people as I am not from the UK. When Doll & The Kicks surfaced, they had nothing to offer than an appearance at Glastonbury thanks to a BBC contact and a ton of magazines that had written about them. Their profiles on Myspace and Facebook were and still are plastered with magazine snipets that related to them. Ironically most of them with the same wording, obviouly taken from a press release that was sent out so that you can be sure that the magazines who wrote about them did not even make the effort to form their own opinion on their music. They were hyped without an actual fan basis and there have been comments on Flickr that even after they had opened for Morrissey, a concert of theirs was only visited by three people. There is an image created and kept up. They were on MTV. The most they had to offer was that Morrissey had spoken about them. You can ask yourself why they still did not have a no. 1 single with all their media hype created with the help of Morrissey and his publicist and other buddies. He also complains about the campaign meaning anything and the big marketing budget and assumed erotic, when he was the one who published an almost nude picture of himself for homosexuals and frustrated housewives to wank over and he was the one who was put on the Glastonbury stage after a not so good 2009 tour before he even had to proof himself that anything had changed and he was better now and used the BBC broadcast to display a full minute of distorted guitars. Do you have any idea how much it costs to BUY one television minute for advertisement? Yet he complains that his post account does not allow him blablabla. He gets all the major press anybody could dream of, with articles in all the major newspapers written about him.

If you had a problem with Morrissey (have). Haves cannot stand have nots... You shouldn’t write your feelings about the situation on the boards. I would never tell anybody on these boards anything that was personal to me, let alone anyone in “real life”.
Oh Black Cloud.

I'm so exhausted as I've not slept in four days and life is hard enough when you belong here.

HIG - you know what you’ve done. I find it completely unreasonable that you didn‘t apologize before today. Checked out your journal.

Its so nice to see your back on SOLO
Black Cloud

Going to Moz on friday night in dublin then to Prince on saturday night!

Prince is totally cool. Maybe even a few tunes with Morrissey ? Why not? There could be a smash hit there. A video on a darkened city street, Moz & Prince take on the, "bad-guys", /big business bastards .... & Moz & Prince win in the bottom of the 9th inning,when Morrissey saves Prince & our heroes WIN!!! Hey...it's Hollywood!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom