Morrissey Central "Prince George" (November 19, 2022)

He's a human being. Is there a 'purity' test people still have to pass before we are allowed to 'like' them? I gave up beliefs like that when I became agnostic at about the age of 12.
Look up what he did to the rent boy and the actual details of the case from the court reports. If he had done the same to a woman, he would have served a lot longer than 4 months and would never have been on TV again. He blames it on drugs but he has no real remorse. Don't make excuses for this piece of shit.

What's amazing about the whole thing is that despite this, somehow Boy George has largely avoided being cancelled to a far greater extent than Morrissey, whose only crime was saying some off-brand stuff about immigration.
It is because having views critical of the woke dogma are 'heresy'. What's a little bad behaviour next to heresy? We still burn witches and throw them in lakes. Only the modern equivalent is getting them sacked or silencing them. Morrissey, can't get a record deal, Germaine Greer, cancelled at every university, Terry Gilliam, decommissioned by the Old Vic, Kathleen Stock, Rosie Kay, Julie Bindell, Graham Linehan, the list is endless. The message is - keep your mouth shut. Or else.

What's amazing about the whole thing is that despite this, somehow Boy George has largely avoided being cancelled to a far greater extent than Morrissey, whose only crime was saying some off-brand stuff about immigration.
Yes, Morrissey was practically hung from the rafters for far, far less.

Look up what he did to the rent boy and the actual details of the case from the court reports. If he had done the same to a woman, he would have served a lot longer than 4 months and would never have been on TV again. He blames it on drugs but he has no real remorse. Don't make excuses for this piece of shit.
I'm not here to 'judge' Boy George. That happened in court. He was sentenced for breaking the law. Have you heard of the Rehabilitation of Offender's Act? So are you saying he should never be liked or quoted ever again? He should be socially 'dead'? That's a strange form of retribution for any crime.

I saw Boy George with Culture Club back in the 90's(?) On a 80's revival tour supported by the Human League and Heaven 17 in Bournemouth. Some asshole threw what I believe was a coin at Boy George and he was livid, started ranting and swearing at this person. The incident totally ruined the atmosphere 😡. Even ignoring that nasty incident, Human League were definitely the best band on that night, for whatever reason, Culture Club were a bit flat?

One of my all time favourite songs <3

I'm not here to 'judge' Boy George. That happened in court. He was sentenced for breaking the law. Have you heard of the Rehabilitation of Offender's Act? So are you saying he should never be liked or quoted ever again? He should be socially 'dead'? That's a strange form of retribution for any crime.
Of course I have, but it wasn't a petty crime and it shouldn't be treated as though as it was. If you think he has done his time and deserves another chance, fair enough - it was a long time ago and by all accounts he has been clean since then. Even so - he didn't steal from Tesco, he violently assaulted somebody whilst out of his mind on drugs.

Some crimes are too serious to 'come back' from. Do you withhold judgement when it comes to sickos like Ian Watkins and Gary Glitter? I doubt it.

Yes, Morrissey was practically hung from the rafters for far, far less.
He wasn't hung from the rafters as such, Amy.
Morrissey just wholeheartedly endorsed a brand of politics that was (and still is) anathema to a large chunk of his fanbase. That was the problem. A massive clash of worldviews.
It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks of the politics involved, who was right and who was wrong - simply that the image Morrissey cultivated through the Smiths (and beyond to some extent) attracted a very large proportion of people who hate right-wing politics, some of whom have now voted with their feet.

Morrissey just wholeheartedly endorsed a brand of politics that was (and still is) anathema to a large chunk of his fanbase. That was the problem. A massive clash of worldviews.
It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks of the politics involved, who was right and who was wrong - simply that the image Morrissey cultivated through the Smiths (and beyond to some extent) attracted a very large proportion of people who hate right-wing politics, some of whom have now voted with their feet.

Mike he did not "wholeheartedly" endorse it - because he quite clearly didn't understand what it was.

People choose what they edit out & they choose the words they use to describe it for a reason - someone who wants him to be demonized would leave out:

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.
I would do anything for my Muslim friends and
I know they would do anything for me.

& would put in "wholeheartedly".

Boy George is much more media savvy - can make the right calls, say the right words - but he has problems. He does get denounced/shunned in some quarters.

Mike he did not "wholeheartedly" endorse it - because he quite clearly didn't understand what it was.

People choose what they edit out & they choose the words they use to describe it for a reason - someone who wants him to be demonized would leave out:

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.

& would put in "wholeheartedly".

Boy George is much more media savvy - can make the right calls, say the right words - but he has problems. He does get denounced/shunned in some quarters.
I despise racism.
I despise fascism.

I have little doubt AMW as a vegan Irish lesbian would probably say the same. Are you seriously suggesting Moz didn't 'understand' AMW or FB? He's incapable of listening to what they said and reading their material for himself? That he was duped by them and didn't see through them as the closet fascists you say they are - unlike you who can spot fascists through brick walls with your superpower of fascistvision.
Moz was clearly attracted to any party that wants to ban religious slaughter. Banning religious slaughter is clearly something that Moz feels strongly about. Many see that cause as a front for the 'far right'. I don't think Moz would agree with that assertion. What do you think, Karen? What's the SWP position on banning religious slaughter?

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.

I have little doubt AMW as a vegan Irish lesbian would probably say the same. Are you seriously suggesting Moz didn't 'understand' AMW or FB?
Well, depending on what your view of FB is, it seems in your above post, you already answered that for yourself.
He's incapable of listening to what they said and reading their material for himself? That he was duped by them and didn't see through them as the closet fascists you say they are - unlike you who can spot fascists through brick walls with your superpower of fascistvision.
Moz was clearly attracted to any party that wants to ban religious slaughter. Banning religious slaughter is clearly something that Moz feels strongly about. Many see that cause as a front for the 'far right'. I don't think Moz would agree with that assertion. What do you think, Karen? What's the SWP position on banning religious slaughter?

I despise racism.
I despise fascism.

I have little doubt AMW as a vegan Irish lesbian would probably say the same. Are you seriously suggesting Moz didn't 'understand' AMW or FB? He's incapable of listening to what they said and reading their material for himself? That he was duped by them and didn't see through them as the closet fascists you say they are - unlike you who can spot fascists through brick walls with your superpower of fascistvision.

That is such a slimy post. Wreck your own career.

Anne Marie was recruited as a cover - & her ideology has got more extreme.

No - I don't think he was aware of it - which is why he backed off.

He's against all slaughter.

He HAS NOT mentioned them since May 2019.

He is promoting PETA.

Boy George used to caveat supporting Morrissey & people are beginning to drop it - so I'd like him to keep moving in that direction.

It's very simple, Mike. Don't believe what you are told by the media. Moz would never support anyone or anything that is 'far right'. He voiced support for a party that the media have labelled 'far right'. A party fronted by a vegan Irish lesbian. Moz undoubtedly voiced support for them based primarily on their wish to ban religious slaughter. And because of that support the media have labelled him 'far right' too. The media are determined to keep the two party system going in the UK. The old Labour and Tory middle of the road Blairite see-saw. Anyone on the left who tries to break that is labelled 'far left', and anyone on the right who tries to break it is labelled 'far right'. Brixton Academy was rammed the night I was there. I think most people, and young people especially, know they are being lied to by the media. We need a new politics in the UK - no one is being represented by the old 2-party system in the UK at present. That's dangerous.

totally agree about them being similar characters , I think BG is probably a bit more sociable & effusive than Moz but they are both stubborn mules for sure . not sure if they know each other and not certain if they would fuse or jar . from a music pov CC had some great pop songs ( church of the poisoned mind especially) and "Victims" is a beautifully soulful ballad . I prefer his "guest" contributions to his solo stuff but as a human being he is hugely interesting ...hope he wins
No, they aren't
They are both Irish/English like loads of brits and are "camp" music acts who worshipped David Bowie and are mouthy shits. That's it. End of
George is a full-on gay ex-drug addict, who goes on any show that pays him ( look at the show we are talking about)
George is a complete attention seeker and although a good singer and songwriter he is in no way as poetic as M or as iconic
I like BG but he is a real money grabber who is full of shit. I mean he was a Buddhist that chained a rent boy to a radiator. He is just about the pose He goes on about being a rebel who says what he wants= but he plays the game as much as any other light entertainer. I mean he's been on a few reality shows. He is the direct opposite of M in loads of ways

By the way who is in the profile picture, Andrew lincoln?

One of my all time favourite songs <3

I was never a fan of Culture Club - although I did like Boy George's influence on moving society forward in relation to the questioning of traditional gender roles. And I always thought as a pop song this was quite a nice sentiment to get out there to the 12-year old record buying public:

BG is a big Smiths / Moz fan and always has been.
He's also a deeply unpleasant, lying, conniving f***-up, but Central won't care about that.
did see this.
I wouldn't have ever commented, you hit the nail on the head.
It cracks me up that people think he and M are alike - probably just cause they are brits, camp, and pop stars.
clueless.

i am glad that i can't see this image.
... shit, i can all of a sudden. and it's a video.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom