Morrissey Central "Prince George" (November 19, 2022)

Another in the unending series of 'anyone who mentions Morrissey/wears his T-Shirt' gets mentioned on Central, regardless of context. 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' is a program built around animal/insect abuse as entertainment - something which should get it immediately on Morrissey's 'most hated' list (here's PETA's latest statement: https://www.peta.org.uk/media/news-...m-a-celebrity-end-complicity-in-animal-abuse/ )

But no - he gets a mention, so yeah - let's promote it like it's a good thing, Morrissey Central. o_O

BG is a big Smiths / Moz fan and always has been.
He's also a deeply unpleasant, lying, conniving f***-up, but Central won't care about that.

He's also a deeply unpleasant, lying, conniving f***-up, but Central won't care about that.

And he was also jailed for 15 months for holding a male rent boy prisoner by chaining him to a wall and beating him with a metal chain.

Boy George has always been a huge Moz fan , he mentions him in loads of interviews ( electronically yours podcast by Martin ware comes to mind , and a louis theroux one during lockdown) even now when it is popular to slag him off he has defended him and his right to have an opinion . I think BG has been terrific in the jungle , not been a diva ( imagine moz in there, he'd be a bloody nightmare) , has got on with the tasks , has stuck to his beliefs , was honest with matt Hancock to his face about his politics/perception/personality.
he deserves to win it , and probs will
he also has a terrific , soulful voice ( check out "you are my sister" with Antony or "somebody to love me" with Mark Ronson) I have nothing but love & respect for the guy . he did talk about the prison incident in the show too , and again was honest about it . he's a fantastically Interesting man !
Northernleech

I saw Boy George once on the London Overground (Clapham Junction-Stratford) to work on a Monday morning (around July 2014). He was a little chubby at the time....and in a Mint Green Adidas tracksuit.
He tried playing undercover, but he somewhat undermined himself just by sporting gold Elvis sunglasses....as well as sporting a very colourful - and visible to those of us standing on the train - mandala tattoo to cover up his bald patch.
Oh, and having passengers pointing at you saying, “Oooh, look! It’s Boy George! What’s he doing on the train this time of the morning?” as he walked down the carriage didn’t help his cause either. This was around the time (before or after? I don’t have a clue) that the rent boy torture scandal blew up large.

And he was also jailed for 15 months for holding a male rent boy prisoner by chaining him to a wall and beating him with a metal chain.
he talked about this in the jungle , last week . he spent 4 months in jail. said it was boring , everyone was nice to him inside and he strongly refuted the " chained to a radiator" version of the story . says the guy knows the truth of what really happened, he got quite animated about it and the press "manipulation" of the truth . I find him fascinating!

I saw Boy George once on the London Overground (Clapham Junction-Stratford) to work on a Monday morning (around July 2014). He was a little chubby at the time....and in a Mint Green Adidas tracksuit.
He tried playing undercover, but he somewhat undermined himself just by sporting gold Elvis sunglasses....as well as sporting a very colourful - and visible to those of us standing on the train - mandala tattoo to cover up his bald patch.
Oh, and having passengers pointing at you saying, “Oooh, look! It’s Boy George! What’s he doing on the train this time of the morning?” as he walked down the carriage didn’t help his cause either. This was around the time (before or after? I don’t have a clue) that the rent boy torture scandal blew up large.
he's been bald for years , the hair he has now is a transplant, he was talking about that too in the jungle !

he talked about this in the jungle , last week . he spent 4 months in jail. said it was boring , everyone was nice to him inside and he strongly refuted the " chained to a radiator" version of the story . says the guy knows the truth of what really happened, he got quite animated about it and the press "manipulation" of the truth . I find him fascinating!
He sees a lot of Morrissey in himself - and vice-versa. Both gave compelling interviews that set them apart from their contemporaries of the time. They were also the sons of tough Irish working-class fathers and had mothers who doted over them, for whom they could no wrong.
Both also liked to be deliberately awkward, periodically pressing the self-destruct button to spice things up. Some of the Culture Club stuff I can still enjoy, but his solo stuff feels insipid and rather forced to me.

he's been bald for years , the hair he has now is a transplant, he was talking about that too in the jungle !
Yes. Hmmm. His hairstyle does have a touch of the Wayne Rooney about it, although George sports a goatee and not a bushy beard….

Attachments

• 927030B4-A814-4735-9CEF-B6743D637634.png
    927030B4-A814-4735-9CEF-B6743D637634.png
    503.8 KB · Views: 0
He sees a lot of Morrissey in himself - and vice-versa. Both gave compelling interviews that set them apart from their contemporaries of the time. They were also the sons of tough Irish working-class fathers and had mothers who doted over them, for whom they could no wrong.
Both also liked to be deliberately awkward, periodically pressing the self-destruct button to spice things up. Some of the Culture Club stuff I can still enjoy, but his solo stuff feels insipid and rather forced to me.
totally agree about them being similar characters , I think BG is probably a bit more sociable & effusive than Moz but they are both stubborn mules for sure . not sure if they know each other and not certain if they would fuse or jar . from a music pov CC had some great pop songs ( church of the poisoned mind especially) and "Victims" is a beautifully soulful ballad . I prefer his "guest" contributions to his solo stuff but as a human being he is hugely interesting ...hope he wins

He's a human being. Is there a 'purity' test people still have to pass before we are allowed to 'like' them? I gave up beliefs like that when I became agnostic at about the age of 12.

Morrissey has already defended a rapist, he should be fine with this
Morrissey has never 'defended' rape. He has merely suggested that things might be grey where human sexuality is concerned, rather than black and white. Germaine Greer said something very similar.

Morrissey has never 'defended' rape. He has merely suggested that things might be grey where human sexuality is concerned, rather than black and white. Germaine Greer said something very similar.
I am not going to argue this with apologists. I know what he said and a little kidnapping, attempted rape and torture by Boy George is probably fine with him. He is obviously fine with being praised by someone who would do something so heinous.

What's amazing about the whole thing is that despite this, somehow Boy George has largely avoided being cancelled to a far greater extent than Morrissey, whose only crime was saying some off-brand stuff about immigration.

I am not going to argue this with apologists. I know what he said and a little kidnapping, attempted rape and torture by Boy George is probably fine with him. He is obviously fine with being praised by someone who would do something so heinous.
Why do you spend so much time on a website dedicated to a person who, according to you, defends rape/rapists and who is “probably fine” with torture and kidnapping? Are you clinically insane?

What's amazing about the whole thing is that despite this, somehow Boy George has largely avoided being cancelled to a far greater extent than Morrissey, whose only crime was saying some off-brand stuff about immigration.

Insightful

Back
Top Bottom