Prince Charles to visit Salford Lads Club - Thursdy 4th Feb

Dave2006

Hmmmm I wonder if he wants a copy of Morrissey's Manchester?:thumb:

I may end up going to this through work...... but then seeing as I haven't received an invite must mean they don't want me there:eek::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Hmmmm I wonder if he want's a copy of Morrissey's Manchester?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

How else do you think he will find his way there - without your handy guide book :lbf:

Someone must turn up in a QiD t-shirt

Dave

How else do you think he will find his way there - without your handy guide book :lbf:

Someone must turn up in a QiD t-shirt

Dave

I can just imagine him getting the 33 bus to Eccles and getting off just after Sainsburys and walking the rest of the way to the club:lbf::D

I do hope Leslie at the club gets him to pose outside the door:guitar:

Six years ago, I met his Uncle there:thumb:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/86/86601_duke_goes_pop_on_lads_club_tour.html
Check out my comment to him about the Smiths connection:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
That's wild!

Bring back a report please, and photos.:lbf:

does Charlie know about the places connection to The Smiths? :straightface:

Well I gave his Uncle a copy of the splendid 'Morrissey's Manchester' six years ago..... if Charlie has done his homework.....:thumb:

Sir Jukebox Jury:bow:

Good for him - maybe he can drop them a million. He's got plenty.

Peter

Whatever we, or Morrissey think about it, it's obviously something that the club and its members want. See the link

TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit the club on Thursday 4th February.

The Prince, who is the President of The Prince’s Trust, and The Duchess of Cornwall will be shown around the club to meet young people and volunteers. Prince Charles will also deliver a speech to launch” Youth United in the North West”

It's good exposure for the club and that's surely a good thing. No doubt Leslie will bend his ear for more support.

Dave

Whatever we, or Morrissey think about it, it's obviously something that the club and its members want. See the link

TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit the club on Thursday 4th February.

The Prince, who is the President of The Prince’s Trust, and The Duchess of Cornwall will be shown around the club to meet young people and volunteers. Prince Charles will also deliver a speech to launch” Youth United in the North West”

It's good exposure for the club and that's surely a good thing. No doubt Leslie will bend his ear for more support.

Dave

Dave
There was a similar discussion when The Duke was there and a few on here had a pop at me for meeting him - which was fair enough and fully expected.
In a past employment role, I've met Charlie 5 times (including a trip to Highgrove with cucumber sandwiches and Pimms:yum:) - my views on the Monarchy differ from my views on the great work his Trust does and again, I have no problem living with the ''hypocrisy'' cries that may bring.
As you said above, it is a great opportunity to promote the club (as the Duke was a good opportunity for me to promote the book:laughing:) and also, all the press coverage tomorrow will no doubt give Morrissey and The Smiths a mentioned too, which is also a good thing:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Robbie
Read my post on this thread (number 4) - there is the link to when I gave it to him:thumb::cool::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

as I have stated before, often I only read the first post in a thread and then when people quote me, I just respond to those posts in which they quote
reading entire threads makes me want to hit myself with a hammer, just a tad
so I don't do it, sorry, if you really wanted me to read that link, then you could have quoted yourself :cool::p:lbf::o

as I have stated before, often I only read the first post in a thread and then when people quote me, I just respond to those posts in which they quote
reading entire threads makes me want to hit myself with a hammer, just a tad
so I don't do it, sorry, if you really wanted me to read that link, then you could have quoted yourself :cool::p:lbf::o

You don't have to read the whole thread.......just the fourth post down.
If you can't be arsed doing that, why should I be arsed cutting and pasting it again, or quoting my own posts just for you? How do I know you will even bother clicking on the link if I re-post it? (It's not as if you don't have the time to do it:thumb:)
It's there if you want it, fourth post down. if you do not want it, it's not a big deal to me. I will survive;)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
There is a unique pop equation to be made here...

something along the lines of...

What are the chances/other instances where a living person mentioned in the lyrics of the title track of an album end up, in an unrelated event 25 years later, visiting the location used for band photo on the same album?

This is too weird!

Do you think Stephen Wright took this pic?
C_71_article_1191581_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Something about it isn't quite right :lbf:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom