Previously unseen photograph and Morrissey 25: Live release details - true-to-you.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
At least he isn't using a Jake Walters photo from the early 90s...

You're welcome.

I think the problem is that everything has changed in the last decade...

I just think that back in the day we were given news of a new single or album every few months, now we have this shit which is meant to constitute news, it does my tits in how lazy is musical output is, It's sloppy.

One of my favorite Morrissey shots of the last decade, from an issue of GQ a few years ago IIRC. Have it framed and hanged next to a photo of Amy Sedaris holding a fake turkey.

the photo is from the quarry era so it's at least 9 years ago.

Best Morrissey artwork I've seen for anything since at least Ringleader, possibly Vauxhall. Sharp, vibrant and striking with dashes of allusion and panache. Really good.

I just think that back in the day we were given news of a new single or album every few months, now we have this shit which is meant to constitute news, it does my tits in how lazy is musical output is, It's sloppy.

He has no one to blame but himself. If he wasn't such a diva, he could have been releasing albums the last couple of years.

He has no one to blame but himself. If he wasn't such a diva, he could have been releasing albums the last couple of years.

sums it all up for me. happy with the memories, but i am very unsure i will ever purchase a new release again - poor new songs at gigs and pushing away his best songwriter. the Smiths well is getting dryer - what classics has his band not attempted live? just losing (lost) interest.

Best Morrissey artwork I've seen for anything since at least Ringleader, possibly Vauxhall. Sharp, vibrant and striking with dashes of allusion and panache. Really good.

Yes, the art work is excellent.

No, the photo is not recent and Morrissey does look different/older now.

But, the concept of this DVD is a special gig celebrating Morrissey's 25 year solo career. So if it's celebrating a 25 year time span, why does the picture have to be from this year? Really?

sums it all up for me. happy with the memories, but i am very unsure i will ever purchase a new release again - poor new songs at gigs and pushing away his best songwriter. the Smiths well is getting dryer - what classics has his band not attempted live? just losing (lost) interest.

This will be the end of the road for him once the record companies see how poor the sales are for a another live dvd of him playing all his oldies. Should have been titled 'Morrissey are you yawnsome tonight live at Hollywood all time LOW'.
Fans in the UK can see right through him and his silly childish ways.
It's over, done for, at least he did'nt just re-issue 'Who put the 'M' in Manchester with bonus features backstage footage and a tacky badge.
Twenty Five years !!!!! Where did it all go so horribly, ugly and wrong ?

Benny-the-Butcher

It's not about being a diva - just having a totally unrealistic perception of the quality of his new songs, and his place in the music industry, unless that's what you mean by diva. Oddly, the wider world is desperate to hear his opinion on any old rubbish, however bigoted and offensive, but has practically zero interest in hearing new songs.

And to add insult to injury or throw salt on the wound that stupid hairy cockney pillock gobshite Russell Braindamage does the intro.

Hooky

So, if you look closely at the promo poster, it is obvious that Morrissey is pointing to a group of people holding blue roses.

I think he's trying do distract the camera person (pc) "Oh look over there! !" while he adjusts the position of his Betty Swallocks.

we'll let you know

It's not about being a diva - just having a totally unrealistic perception of the quality of his new songs, and his place in the music industry, unless that's what you mean by diva. Oddly, the wider world is desperate to hear his opinion on any old rubbish, however bigoted and offensive, but has practically zero interest in hearing new songs.

Viva likes to typecast Morrissey into a swishy, uncooperative fag who isn't doing enough to crank out shit he can collect. Looking at the big picture I'm under the impression Morrissey is very much not a diva, he has a larger agenda that we often aren't privy to.

Viva likes to typecast Morrissey into a swishy, uncooperative fag who isn't doing enough to crank out shit he can collect. Looking at the big picture I'm under the impression Morrissey is very much not a diva, he has a larger agenda that we often aren't privy to.

When you look at the artists and bands who can get their music released it becomes more likely this isn't about not getting any offers, but offers which he finds unacceptable. If he's OK as he is, endlessly touring places even Vasco Da Gama decided to leave of his itinerary, then fine, I hope he's happy.

He doesn't appear to be though, does he?

When you look at the artists and bands who can get their music released it becomes more likely this isn't about not getting any offers, but offers which he finds unacceptable. If he's OK as he is, endlessly touring places even Vasco Da Gama decided to leave of his itinerary, then fine, I hope he's happy.

Well...he did the last three shows I went to. He only did a couple more beyond that and had to quit because of health. He seemed happier than the tour before. Something must be working.

Agreed. Of course he could release a record if he wanted to. Morrissey seems confident that something will come along and things will come together when the time is right. Last time he waited and seemed to get a very good deal with Sanctuary.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! I've been thinking that too! I hope he impresses the shit out of all of us;)

But, I think he's always been a bit of a diva, since the beginning. But hell, he's earned it:p Hopefully it doesn't get in his way.

As referenced in the headline, posted in the "Moz on the big screen in the USA" thread;

specticast.com

From Thursday, August 29, 2013

Morrissey%20Bottom.jpg

Here is our 'working class Manc hero' Morrissey dressed up like a proper royal Charlie for his latest greatest greatest hits DVD 25live.
Its really laughable ha ha ha ha ha ha,ho ho ho ho ho ho !!!!

hooky

You mean that isn't the case?!

If it were up to you you'd have Morrissey stationed in Vegas doing regular shows where the rotating setlist is predetermined with little or no deviation from the studio recording like your beloved Elton John. You want him to be an accountable performing monkey. "I paid to hear Little Man What Now, I wanna hear Little Man What Now, dammit!" :rolleyes: MAKE NEW MUSIC FOR ME TO PIRATE WHILE YOU'RE NOT STATIONED AT YOUR POST AT CAESAR'S PALACE. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TRUE FANS!!!!!! Gross.

Morrissey seems pretty happy to me. He has his music career and his teapot; the things that are most important to him. Sometimes, though, he takes his addictions to the point that it lands him in the hospital. However, because Morrissey is true to himself, I think he derives immense personal satisfaction just by doing that. I know I do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom