Preston's (Ordinary Boys) comeback

Lonsdale71

Preston's new solo single "Dress To Kill" is an absolute stinker. It is based on "Happy House" by Siouxsie & The Banshees. The press release says "Happy House" was sampled - But I would say the whole track is based on that Banshees song. It's a bit like Preston going electro pop or La Roux. It really is bad.

I really really liked the first Ordinary Boys album "Over The Counter Culture" but I am sorry to say it was doooown hill from there on.

What were they thinking?

Re: Preston's (Ordinary Boys) comeback.

it not good at all, he was on Something for the Weekend yesterday, Tim lovejoy commented on the fact he had a Morrissey look going on.
Preston said the change in his music is down to him wanting to play all the instruments but can't play the drums so he went electro (watch it on i player)

I caught the video the other day. It was pretty awful.

just listened to it, whats he done? over the counter culture was one of the best albums of this decade while this is just awful pointless self indulgent pap

Oh dear.......
''Happy House'' took me on a life times journey of following Siouxsie...... but this is awful...... almost like a really crap Visage song.....:(

Jukebox Jury

That is absolutely appauling i bet the other ordinary boys are pissing themselves.

I am all for new pop talent but Preston takes the biscuit!

The song is a cover of "Happy House" by Siouxsie & Banshees. The video is a direct imitation of "The Lost Boys". The song has been given a sickly sugary electro coating...

This is a bad commercial joke.

Thought The Ordinary Boys were a really good band, excellent live, this solo single is awful, couldn't believe just how bad it was when I first heard it.

Desperation for fame will lead you down all sorts of strange avenues. :D

Dire!
The Ordinary Boys were pretty poor, i thought so anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom