Preston has to hand it to Morrissey

G

goinghome

This seems to be the authentic little blog of Samuel Preston, from erstwhile (?) band Ordinary Boys, in which he expresses gratitude for the manifestation of the special being that is The Mozfather!

Friday, 3 December 2010
Morrissey: A public unapology
Teenagers are rarely subtle in the ways they emulate their heroes. This is never more apparent than when casting a glaze along the queue at a Morrissey gig. My teenage Morrissey impression lasted up until my band (named after a Morrissey song) started releasing (Smiths-a-like) records. Having dropped my unnecessary Christian name to be more like Steven Patrick and growing a proud quiff people began to notice my obsession and it was deemed as totally inappropriate behaviour for the singer in a band. I stuffed contact lenses in my eyes and demolished my quiff, flattening my fringe over my forehead. If there is an irony to be found in being uncomfortable with having to avoid copy-catting the world most notorious misfit then I see it only now. Now, when my hair is at it’s dizzying highest. Yet now, when my career is writing pop songs.

Morrissey has a lyrical style that speaks so directly to the listener that he becomes a kind of surrogate father figure. At once both laugh-out-loud funny and crushingly sad. Of course you already know this, and as I race through phases and trends in music (which is something I swore I would never do) I know that I can always return home to Morrissey. Morrissey I love you and I don’t care who knows it!!
Posted by preston at 04:39 -
http://samuelpreston.blogspot.com/2010_12_01_archive.html

This seems to be the authentic little blog of Samuel Preston, from erstwhile (?) band Ordinary Boys, in which he expresses gratitude for the manifestation of the special being that is The Mozfather!

Friday, 3 December 2010
Morrissey: A public unapology
Teenagers are rarely subtle in the ways they emulate their heroes. This is never more apparent than when casting a glaze along the queue at a Morrissey gig. My teenage Morrissey impression lasted up until my band (named after a Morrissey song) started releasing (Smiths-a-like) records. Having dropped my unnecessary Christian name to be more like Steven Patrick and growing a proud quiff people began to notice my obsession and it was deemed as totally inappropriate behaviour for the singer in a band. I stuffed contact lenses in my eyes and demolished my quiff, flattening my fringe over my forehead. If there is an irony to be found in being uncomfortable with having to avoid copy-catting the world most notorious misfit then I see it only now. Now, when my hair is at it’s dizzying highest. Yet now, when my career is writing pop songs.

Morrissey has a lyrical style that speaks so directly to the listener that he becomes a kind of surrogate father figure. At once both laugh-out-loud funny and crushingly sad. Of course you already know this, and as I race through phases and trends in music (which is something I swore I would never do) I know that I can always return home to Morrissey. Morrissey I love you and I don’t care who knows it!!
Posted by preston at 04:39 -
http://samuelpreston.blogspot.com/2010_12_01_archive.html

well, he's changed his tune a bit, hasn't he?
last time I heard him comment on Moz was during the 08 or 09 tour when he said it was like watching a businessman having a nervous breakdown!

Don't know much about Preston? Check out a fantastic single he released post Ordinary Boys: Dressed To Kill. A shame he didn't follow it up with an album. The single even received high marks in the NME but sadly didn't chart well.

Don't know much about Preston? Check out a fantastic single he released post Ordinary Boys: Dressed To Kill. A shame he didn't follow it up with an album. The single even received high marks in the NME but sadly didn't chart well.

Are you being ironic?
The song and the video are awful...really awful.
The only good thing is The Happy House sample.
He is not my kind of pop star in the least, as a person he is vile as well as far as I am aware.He is a very base and unintelligent individual.

Being middle class and pretending you are working class is bad enough but add to this that he is a tory and a complete fashion victim and one has a vile picture.
At least Mr Rodent Williams, someone who often gets ridiculed on here (again not my cup of coco), has some talent as an entertainer and can be amusing.

Anyone can be a Morrissey/Smiths fan this is true but I can see why Weller and Morrissey didn't want anything to do with them once they had some idea as to what he was like.

Weller first had an interview with them for the NME (I think), he did it as they were Jam fans. He changed his mind about him and called him all sorts of names.
Morrissey, let his band on Meltdown (he regretted doing this and adding an Ordinary Boys song on a NME compilation ) as they ended up being a guest or two down. Also, as we know Morrissey likes bands that name check him- meltdown was all about Morrissey,what has influenced him and whom he has influenced.
Morrissey, tried to ignore them and regretted including them- this is why they and Preston have never had the Doll and the Kicks treatment.
I find it amusing that Preston is now again name checking Morrissey as he has said some nasty things about Moz in the past

To me it's not enough that someone may like Morrissey or whoever, i am more interested in why they like him.
Preston is one of those who like Morrissey only for what he can take from Morrissey not for a love of him.
As I say It was only a couple of years ago he kept bitching about Morrissey now suddenly he is working on new material and he is a Morrissey fan again.
There are,sadly, a number of people who use Morrissey and Morrissey web sites only to further their own careers- remember this is someone who has been on Big Brother Twice, sold untold stories to the silly reads- OK, Heat etc etc

Last edited:
I don't mind indie stars/pop stars trying to do something original and different, I just don't understand why Preston first off went into the Big Brother house, then married that Chantelle Houghton and did on OK Magazine deal, and then went Back into the Big Brother house after a messy divorce. Anyone who just chases fame and the public spotlight primarily rather than writing and singing their music baffles me, especially when they cite Morrissey and his lyrics/values as one of their main influences.

For the most part Preston is very talented and has a lot going for him, and he actually seems a good genuine person, just like other celebrities though he's got swept up in the media storm that's surrounded him over the past few years, he should just shun fame and focus on his music and he wouldn't go far wrong!

I don't mind indie stars/pop stars trying to do something original and different, I just don't understand why Preston first off went into the Big Brother house, then married that Chantelle Houghton and did on OK Magazine deal, and then went Back into the Big Brother house after a messy divorce. Anyone who just chases fame and the public spotlight primarily rather than writing and singing their music baffles me, especially when they cite Morrissey and his lyrics/values as one of their main influences.

For the most part Preston is very talented and has a lot going for him, and he actually seems a good genuine person, just like other celebrities though he's got swept up in the media storm that's surrounded him over the past few years, he should just shun fame and focus on his music and he wouldn't go far wrong!

Do you really think he is talented?
Do you really think he is a nice, genuine person?
Do you really not know why he went in the house, again?

He is at least smart enough to know he was never going to make it as a real pop star, not enough talent, so he went down the BB/OK rout. I think he makes most of his money by being a celeb DJ, not in the Boy George way (george has some talent), but in a naff play at a pokey night club kind of way.

I shouldn't really comment but it is very obvious that as a pop star he is rubbish, nothing to say, boring, can't sing or write a truly good song.
There are so many more people with much more talent than him.

As I say, I speak from knowing a bit about the subject-not by choice- though even if you don't it's obvious that he is a money grabber with a very limited talent, if any and he is far from "genuine", in fact from what I know he is one of lifes users.
Prestion is very "Brighton"- tattoos, skinny jeans, hipster ( there is not one thing original about him).
People like him and the xfactor chap that like Moz are just as bad as the PM liking him, in my mind.
To be honest I have nothing against Preston or the Xfactor chap, anyone can like Moz.
I just find it bad enough when we get Moz hijacked by the PM without shite pop people picking Morrisseys pockets and pretending they are like Moz.
When in conservative voting Prestons case he is a Middle class kid from Worthing who has never had to struggle- money wise or with depression.

Oh for the love of God. There is nothing more pathetic than a Morrissey fan who thinks he can decide who else is worthy to be a Morrissey fan. If this Preston character (whoever he is) wants to love Morrissey, then he can, and it's none of your f***ing business - he's got as much call to it as you do.

Do you really think he is talented?
Do you really think he is a nice, genuine person?
Do you really not know why he went in the house, again?

He is at least smart enough to know he was never going to make it as a real pop star, not enough talent, so he went down the BB/OK rout. I think he makes most of his money by being a celeb DJ, not in the Boy George way (george has some talent), but in a naff play at a pokey night club kind of way.

I shouldn't really comment but it is very obvious that as a pop star he is rubbish, nothing to say, boring, can't sing or write a truly good song.
There are so many more people with much more talent than him.

As I say, I speak from knowing a bit about the subject-not by choice- though even if you don't it's obvious that he is a money grabber with a very limited talent, if any and he is far from "genuine", in fact from what I know he is one of lifes users.
Prestion is very "Brighton"- tattoos, skinny jeans, hipster ( there is not one thing original about him).
People like him and the xfactor chap that like Moz are just as bad as the PM liking him, in my mind.
To be honest I have nothing against Preston or the Xfactor chap, anyone can like Moz.
I just find it bad enough when we get Moz hijacked by the PM without shite pop people picking Morrisseys pockets and pretending they are like Moz.
When in conservative voting Prestons case he is a Middle class kid from Worthing who has never had to struggle- money wise or with depression.

This is beneath me now. I've said what I've got to say

Oh for the love of God. There is nothing more pathetic than a Morrissey fan who thinks he can decide who else is worthy to be a Morrissey fan. If this Preston character (whoever he is) wants to love Morrissey, then he can, and it's none of your f***ing business - he's got as much call to it as you do.

Well, he posted a blog and it found it's way on here,
I am allowed to say what I think of his views and what I have heard about him and his public image.
Also, I was merely commenting on peoples (false) idea of him.
I wasn't deciding who can like him, I said as far as I am concerned anyone can like him.
I was pointing out in a time when Morrissey and Marr (and many a fan on here) had a pop at the PM. There are people whom in my mind are just as bad as him in the pop charts who use Morrissey and The Smiths as refernce points but are just as ill fitting, I don't really know much about the Xfactor chap beyond what I have read in the papers but I know a thing or two about Preston, which is why I commented more about him.
Although It may have read like a an attack I meant it in terms of comparing personality and personal politics.

Who do you think you are swearing like a prat anyway?

This is beneath me now. I've said what I've got to say

Actually,
I didn't mean this in a harsh way towards you in the least.
I just wondered if you really think that which you wrote?
After all as I said above ,a number of people have attacked Mr Williams on here and Mr Brand two people who have at least some talent, in my mind at least.
Brand is a good stand up and Robbie is a good light entertainer.
Also, you posed questions you said, you didn't know why he went on BB etc, I answered you- although it is obvious.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that which I said but it is all true, a few other people also said similar things to I on one of the home page comments.

To be honest I couldn't care less about Preston or the Xfactor chap but the thread arrived so I left my thoughts on the subject. Something most of us do on here

PS I wouldn't claim that any comments are beneath you, not when a number of your posts are on here.

Last edited:
Actually,
I didn't mean this in a harsh way towards you in the least.
I just wondered if you really think that which you wrote?
After all as I said above ,a number of people have attacked Mr Williams on here and Mr Brand two people who have at least some talent, in my mind at least.
Brand is a good stand up and Robbie is a good light entertainer.
Also, you posed questions you said, you didn't know why he went on BB etc, I answered you- although it is obvious.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that which I said but it is all true, a few other people also said similar things to I on one of the home page comments.

To be honest I couldn't care less about Preston or the Xfactor chap but the thread arrived so I left my thoughts on the subject. Something most of us do on here
Do you mean Robbie Williams? The one you christened Rodent?

its who I want to be.You can be my Blanche

Yes I guessed, this was our relationship from the last time you popped up
"pain the arse" was your opening gambit.

That is one of my fave films, I have a number of stills from that film around my room.
The off camera feud is as good as the film
You have gained ground in my estimation- not that you care, I know.

Yes I guessed, this was our relationship from the last time you popped up
"pain the arse" was your opening gambit.

That is one of my fave films, I have a number of stills from that film around my room.
The off camera feud is as good as the film
You have gained ground in my estimation- not that you care, I know.

No,thats true,I still think your a pain in the arse,I think it stems from your attacks on Richard Hawley and his (and I quote) "hair lip".
But thats a long time ago,lets move on

Last edited:
No,thats true,I still think your a pain in the arse,I think it stems from your attacks on Richard Hawley and his (and I quote) "hair lip".
But thats a long time ago,lets move on

Oh good, I tried to move on last time but you wouldn't have it.
Anyway, nice to meet you dear.
I do hope all is well.

Mehh Preston your band is nowhere near The Smiths though and you contradict yourself...your a silly boy also for dating a dumb blonde and then making a big deal out of it in the press and, blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom